Where has Syberia Gone?

 
kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by kelnjor on Feb 25, 12 1:45 AM
Hey, unfortunately i rarely get on the forums these days...and don't have much time to play games either, so i may have missed some announcement...but i have noticed that Syberia is no longer available here? only Syberia 2 is now showing? i have previously purchased both these games, and was thinking of downloading and replaying....just wondering why it is no longer on offer?

 
marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by marie1931 on Feb 25, 12 1:58 AM
Hi kelnjor

You're right. Can't see the game anywhere
I've also bought the games and will try to D/L it from my purchase history. Hope it will work .....


 
Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 25, 12 1:58 AM
There could be contractual reasons with Anuman Interactive (who took over Microids) for Syberia I not appearing for new downloads. That won't affect you though as it's permanently in your purchase history.

 
Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Feb 25, 12 2:00 AM
Syberia is still available. Here's a quick way to find it (or any game you're looking for):

Click on the All Games Forums tab.

Then click on S (or the letter for the title of any game you're looking for). You'll get a list of all games beginning with S.

Both Syberia and S2 are listed. Click on Syberia. You'll be taken to the forum for that game. At the top, as always, is a link to "try this game." Click on it and you'll be taken to a download and purchase page.

As it's a large-file game, there's no trial period.

Enjoy!

 
jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Feb 25, 12 2:00 AM
Hi kelnjor

I just checked and it is available. Some games aren't on the game list pages but are in the game forums. I went to the forum page and clicked try this game at the top and it brought me to the game page and it does have a buy it button.

I hope that helps

 
hughchik
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by hughchik on Feb 25, 12 2:09 AM
And the BUY button works - just purchased & it is downloading now .

What a relief - been meaning to get it for ages & just kept putting it off for some reason


 
kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by kelnjor on Feb 25, 12 2:09 AM
Ok thanks guys...i just couldn't find it....good to know they haven't removed it, such a great game

i have already purchased this, so all good..thanks again for you swift responses!

 
kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by kelnjor on Feb 25, 12 2:11 AM
hughchik wrote:And the BUY button works - just purchased & it is downloading now .

What a relief - been meaning to get it for ages & just kept putting it off for some reason



Hope you enjoy it.....gorgeous game!...wish i was playing again for the first time...but since i haven't played it for over a year, i am sure i will get to enjoy it all over again

 
hughchik
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by hughchik on Feb 25, 12 2:29 AM
Thanks kelnjor - I'm sure I will . I only recently got into LFAs via a group play for Scratches and I'm really finding them fascinating - difficult but definitely enjoyable .

 
marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by marie1931 on Feb 25, 12 3:28 AM
Good new for poeple who haven't bought the game yet

 
ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by ajuma on Feb 25, 12 6:08 AM
Pepper010 wrote:Syberia is still available. Here's a quick way to find it (or any game you're looking for):

Click on the All Games Forums tab.

Then click on S (or the letter for the title of any game you're looking for). You'll get a list of all games beginning with S.

Both Syberia and S2 are listed. Click on Syberia. You'll be taken to the forum for that game. At the top, as always, is a link to "try this game." Click on it and you'll be taken to a download and purchase page.

As it's a large-file game, there's no trial period.

Enjoy!


Pepper, that's the way I always look for games. If you compare, there are a LOT more listed under the game forum than under the "find PC Games".

 
Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Feb 25, 12 10:19 AM
Ajuma, you're so right! And as members here have often commented, sometimes the search function gets a bit squirrely. The "all games forum" is a straight line to finding games.

I'm glad the Syberia fans found the game and are off to have fun with it!

 
Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by Bpup on Feb 25, 12 10:47 AM
Though I've noticed that if the game has gone off the main page, but is still available to download via the Games Forum page link, that doesn't necessarily ensure that the game will always be available that way. A lot of times it seems to be the precursor to a complete removal of the game for downloading. Those links eventually bring you to the same game page where no downloads are available. I don't know if that is planned or if the scheduling of removal downloadable links from the Game Forum pages is different.

My rule of thumb is: if I start seeing a mention that the LFA (because that's usually the genre that's getting eliminated) game isn't showing a download button on the main website, I try to get it via the Game Forum's game page link without further dithering about whether or not I should get the game. It's a "grab it while you can still see it" mentality.

You can no longer get Agatha Christie: Evil Under The Sun or Ghost in the Sheet via the Game Forum links, even though their game forums are still functional.

 
Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by Bpup on Feb 28, 12 7:37 AM
Well, I think TGT's offering is answering the question about what is happening with Syberia.

They have taken Syberia and broken it up into three parts. So instead of paying $6.99 for the whole game (or $2.99 if you happened to get it when it was a DD or CoTW), if you want the game you're going to have to pay $6.99 x 3 = $20.97 for the same game. Oh, and you also will have to wait for BF to release parts 2 & 3 (and, I guess, subsequent parts 4, 5, & 6 to encompass the original Syberia 2).

BF!

 
abiloo
Shark
Shark
11,080 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by abiloo on Feb 28, 12 7:46 AM
That is pretty disgusting if they do remove it as a LF game!!!

 
Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by Liasmani on Feb 28, 12 8:01 AM
Bpup wrote:Well, I think TGT's offering is answering the question about what is happening with Syberia.

They have taken Syberia and broken it up into three parts. So instead of paying $6.99 for the whole game (or $2.99 if you happened to get it when it was a DD or CoTW), if you want the game you're going to have to pay $6.99 x 3 = $20.97 for the same game. Oh, and you also will have to wait for BF to release parts 2 & 3 (and, I guess, subsequent parts 4, 5, & 6 to encompass the original Syberia 2).

BF!


I don't think it is BF fault. Is developer/publisher had taken over the company original owners.

 
Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 28, 12 8:08 AM
Anuman Interactive, the publisher, is porting all of the Microids catalogue to iPhone. This means breaking the game into three. What you're seeing is those three parts back-ported to the pc and offered for sale as part of a contract that AI has with BFG.

If you go via the All Game Forums tab you can still buy the complete Syberia and Syberia II games for now.

 
kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by kelnjor on Feb 29, 12 1:14 PM
I do remember reading months ago that there talk of them breaking the game into parts..and then i got an email this morning, offering Syberia Part 1, for sale...i guess this would be fine for people that dont really like the LFG...but a bit more costly in the long run....

Anyway..i already have my "full" version, so i'm happy

 
bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Feb 29, 12 1:30 PM
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to swim in and offer some extra information on the situation. Yes as Mr_Russ has mentioned the developers of Syberia has chosen to create a three-part version of their original game Syberia and we do need to honor this decision and our contractual relationship with them.

Part of the decision was also made because downloading large file games can be difficult and time consuming for some fishies. The developer's decision helps break the game into pieces and helps towards more manageable downloads. It also allows us to include a free trial for each part which we were unable to have before.

However we do have an update - from bfgArnoStyx's post:

We know that some customers still want the option to purchase the game in its entirety, so the original version is still available for purchase here. Thank you!


The OP can be found here: PLEASE READ - In regards to Syberia and Syberia - Part 1

Hope that clears up any confusion.

bfgCimarron

 
dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

Re:Where has Syberia Gone?

[Post New]by dogmama on Feb 29, 12 2:12 PM
bfgCimarron wrote:Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to swim in and offer some extra information on the situation. Yes as Mr_Russ has mentioned the developers of Syberia has chosen to create a three-part version of their original game Syberia and we do need to honor this decision and our contractual relationship with them.

Part of the decision was also made because downloading large file games can be difficult and time consuming for some fishies. The developer's decision helps break the game into pieces and helps towards more manageable downloads. It also allows us to include a free trial for each part which we were unable to have before.

However we do have an update - from bfgArnoStyx's post:

We know that some customers still want the option to purchase the game in its entirety, so the original version is still available for purchase <a href=http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/4665/syberia/index.html>here</a>. Thank you!


The OP can be found here: <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/201539.page">PLEASE READ - In regards to Syberia and Syberia - Part 1</a>

Hope that clears up any confusion.

bfgCimarron

Big Kudos to for their decision to continue to sell the orginal!!

Edited on 02/29/2012 at 2:13:45 PM PST


 
 
 
 
Go to: