icypup
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

what contibutes to gold (4 stars)

[Post New]by icypup on Feb 25, 12 10:14 AM
I figured out on one stage I missed one gold coin and I couldn't get gold until I collected it. I also find 1 hidden area each stage.

Does time, how many fish you save, or anything else contribute to gold?

I am stuck on 2-3 stars on levels.

Re:what contibutes to gold (4 stars)

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Feb 25, 12 6:06 PM
I wish I knew the answer to that one too. I have 4 stars on the first 5 stages of level 1 and still have no clue. I wish there was a counter or something to know if you have all the coins or hidden objects on a level so you knew when to move on or not.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Feb 26, 12 3:17 AM
As near as I can figure, it's destroying all enemies on a level, collecting all coins and finding all hidden areas. I've gotten 4 stars on nearly every level by redoing it and with an upgraded Darter and watching the map to make sure I didn't miss anything.

(I gave up on the race for your life level . . . )

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 26, 12 6:50 AM
peutetre wrote:As near as I can figure, it's destroying all enemies on a level, collecting all coins and finding all hidden areas. I've gotten 4 stars on nearly every level by redoing it and with an upgraded Darter and watching the map to make sure I didn't miss anything.

(I gave up on the race for your life level . . . )

what does darter do? i have all my chums fully upgraded, and am about to replay for gold,, but i gotta say, i just replayed 2-9 cause i missed scout, and i know i got everything,,but was still only 2 stars

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 26, 12 6:58 AM
i just replayed level 1-1, got secret area, didng get hit, got all gold, and still only 3 stars...

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 27, 12 9:05 AM
i wrote the dev about what is needed for 4 gold stars, will post when answered

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 28, 12 6:55 AM
i wrote the dev and here is his answer

"The requirement to obtain 4 stars is to collect all coins and friends, defeat all enemies including bubbles and pink snakes, and find all secret areas. Many of the levels have more than one secret area. If there are any specific levels you are not able to get 4 stars on let us know and we will be happy to take a look."
i didnt realize the pink bubbles floating about had to be destroyed too

Edited on 02/28/2012 at 6:56:45 AM PST

Go to: