tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Word of warning re: Jetsetter (tomorrow's game on 01/25/09)

[Post New]by tezaber on Jan 25, 09 8:49 AM
To anyone trying to download this game, word of warning.....never have I experienced such an EXTREMELY long installation time. More than 2 hours now, and only about 80% installed. For such a relatively small file size, the installation is absolutely ridiculous! Heck, even a major game such as The Sims and all its many, many add-ons took half the time to install. I wish the game manager would allow you to stop or even pause the installation process once it begins, but it doesn't, so prepare to spend a TON of time waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting and make sure you have nothing important to do on your computer since everything else will run "jerky" while this stupid game finishes installing. As I said, RIDICULOUS!!! Please, Big Fish staff, consider updating the game manager and add a "pause" or "stop" option for the installation process! PLEASE!!!

Edited on 01/25/2009 at 8:50:53 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Word of warning re: Jetsetter (tomorrow's game on 01/25/09)

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 25, 09 8:57 AM
the manager does have pause now. might want to contact bf to find out why yours dont

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jan 25, 09 9:00 AM
I have DSL/cable. Just installed it after reading your post.

Download time: 2-1/2 minutes
Install time: less than 2-1/2 minutes

Total time to download and install game was under 5 minutes.

You're computer may have a connection problem or you might want to check how long ago your hard drive has been defragged.

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Jan 25, 09 9:04 AM
DL'ed in a few minutes with high speed connection.
Don't know if you have dial-up but if you do, it takes a LONG time to DL games.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jan 25, 09 9:10 AM
I had no problems, I should contact CS.

tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by tezaber on Jan 25, 09 9:10 AM
Actually this is the only game that's given me trouble. I downloaded and installed two other games this morning---one before and one after---and they were also "normal" speed (under 5 minutes). But this one....not sure what was going on, but it was a bear to install.

paula331
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by paula331 on Jan 25, 09 9:27 AM
I just installed the game this morning and it took about 2 min for me, but I have high speed internet, cable. I just got done playing great game worth the purchase to me.

tix48
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by tix48 on Jan 25, 09 9:40 AM
I haven't yet played but I installed it and it took maybe a whole 2 minutes! Seriously you should contact tech support it shouldnt take that long to download. Sometimes stopping the download and redoing it will work or rebooting computer and then trying again. Sorry that you had to endure that!

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Jan 25, 09 9:43 AM
I have high speed and it took less than 2 minutes, no issue downloading the game, I haven't played it yet, but it installed fast.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Jan 25, 09 9:49 AM
Has anyone played this game yet? How is it? Is there a timer?

Has anyone bought this game yet? What's with the magazine subscription? Can one be confident it won't be automatically renewed and your bank account charged? I generally don't subscribe to magazines online any more because that did happen to me - twice.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jan 25, 09 6:38 PM
I've been playing it all afternoon and now it's 8PM here. It's a long game, pretty good for the most part.

BUT.... the problem with having people test it for 60 minutes is that the objects are labeled correctly for the first 60 minutes and then it all goes to hell in a hand basket.

I understand that certain trophies are called 'cups' but dang it all, what about the rest of the cups in the scene? Are they airplanes? And, why are Eva's (coughOprahcough) coffee cups now 'cups' when they weren't for the 5 or 6 previous celebs? And that object on the back of her sofa ... it's a hat, guys, just like the other 3 in the room. No consistency in the bag/coin purse/purse identifications either. Candlesticks sometimes hold only one candle, like the one I clicked on umpteen times before hitting the hint button. The tube of lotion in the hairdresser's studio is under the Pause button on the lower left. Burned three hints on that one before I saw a tiny glow at the bottom left of the screen. Finished it off by using the "delete last 2 objects on the list" button. The "Add a hint" chips show up in every scene - even if you've found them before - so you can still click on them again ... well, except for some scenes (like the chair in the hairdresser's studio).

Can you tell I'm more than a little frustrated? LOL

I'll more than likely finish it tonight. Just want to warn you guys that it's going to be a challenge figuring out what they developers were thinking.

Time and Relaxed modes are available. There's a scene at the end of each celebrity's story where you have to find something for them. It's a puzzle solving exercise, like finding the jewels for the special dog bone or figuring out how to open a lock. Nothing strenuous. You can buy hints by category as there are different types of hints - show silhouette/delete 10 things you don't need from the scene/delete last two items from list are just 3 of them.

Go forth and find,

MO

slm1948 wrote:Has anyone played this game yet? How is it? Is there a timer?

Has anyone bought this game yet? What's with the magazine subscription? Can one be confident it won't be automatically renewed and your bank account charged? I generally don't subscribe to magazines online any more because that did happen to me - twice.

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Jan 25, 09 6:47 PM
The "Add a hint" chips show up in every scene - even if you've found them before - so you can still click on them again ... well, except for some scenes (like the chair in the hairdresser's studio).

Yea I couldn't click those darn chips at all after the 1st celebrity. All the levels with "Athens" click chip, nothing happens.

littlesambo
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by littlesambo on Jan 25, 09 6:49 PM
hello,
i dl this game and also took less then 5 min with optonline internet service i still
hate cablevision for losing 15 hd channels including monsters hd and hd kung fu
rediculous can't wait for verizon fiber optics.

[Post New]by jdtoad on Jan 25, 09 8:53 PM
slm1948 wrote:Has anyone played this game yet? How is it? Is there a timer?

I just tried the game and liked it. After you buy the game you get a link to get a free magazine. It looks like it really is free since all I was asked for was my mailing address. I wasn't asked to put in any credit card information.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Jan 26, 09 6:40 AM
Well, shoot. I wasn't even able to do the demo. My curser floated all around the scene like it had a mind of its own. It was difficult to control it enough to even exit the game. I went to options and there was no way to change the curser. That's too bad. I might have liked this game.

[Post New]by wally2000 on Jan 26, 09 7:09 AM
i never had any trouble with the download.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Jan 26, 09 10:11 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Jetsetter.

Happy gaming!

teacup1951
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by teacup1951 on Jan 27, 09 11:56 AM
I had the same problem Sims, my cursor was every where and it took me ever to do anything, also had to control alt delete to get out of the game!

Skeets181
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Skeets181 on Jan 27, 09 12:30 PM
Same here. Had to ctr-alt-del to get out of game. Mouse pointer was absolutely crazy.
Too bad, I think this would have been an interesting game.

Skeets

mahah
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by mahah on Jan 27, 09 2:31 PM
Skeets181 wrote:Same here. Had to ctr-alt-del to get out of game. Mouse pointer was absolutely crazy.
Too bad, I think this would have been an interesting game.

Skeets

Go to: