Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD February 27 2012

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Feb 27, 12 12:02 AM
Any comments fishes?

Re:Todays DD February 27 2012

[Post New]by KingaroyJoy on Feb 27, 12 12:29 AM
Hiya ,

I'm not even tempted to try this one, based on the reviews and comments, even as a DD. Thanks and Fishes. I like M3s. Not fond of timed games. Maybe I'm too particular?

Sorry devs, but there it is.

Edited on 02/27/2012 at 3:37:29 AM PST

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Feb 27, 12 4:52 AM
KingaroyJoy wrote:Hiya ,

I'm not even tempted to try this one, based on the reviews and comments, even as a DD. Thanks and Fishes. I like M3s. Not fond of timed games. Maybe I'm too particular?

Sorry devs, but there it is.

Thanks for the heads up on the timer

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Feb 27, 12 9:58 AM

While I clearly understand the concept of this unique way of playing a Match3 game, this is a because of the fact that the is just too fast for me; I've played Level 8 now 8x and I STILL keep running out of time and that's BEFORE getting rid of the stones.

Oh well, hopefully the next 2 days will be good DD days as I've got to earn 2 more stamps for my game coupon before this month runs out; can't see using 1 or 2 game coupons to only get back 1 game coupon.

MEnr56

I don't know, what do you think guys -- should I buy this game just to make sure that I'll be able to get that game coupon at the end of the month? After all, it is just 3.00

Littlekins
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by Littlekins on Feb 27, 12 11:00 AM
MEnr56 wrote:
I don't know, what do you think guys -- should I buy this game just to make sure that I'll be able to get that game coupon at the end of the month? After all, it is just 3.00

I'm holding out for the same thing but this will not be "it" for me. Here's hoping for something more my style tomorrow.
LK

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Feb 27, 12 11:21 AM
Littlekins wrote:
MEnr56 wrote:

I'm holding out for the same thing but this will not be "it" for me. Here's hoping for something more my style tomorrow.
LK

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing; if I get 1 more DD and then have to buy a game to punch out a whole card, then that'll be okay as I've got a game in mind or I might even buy 2 more games at full price.

This particular game is just too frustrating and even at $3.00, not worth freaking out and pulling my hair out over.

MEnr56

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Feb 27, 12 12:02 PM
This game looked familiar but I didn't have anything in my "game spreadsheet" about it so I thought I'd try it out... and then noticed that I'd used 3 minutes of my demo time before (not a good sign!).

I started a new profile and tried again. The "story telling" is poorly done or at least not well translated. There is little direction at all. But I was able to figure it out and played for about 10 rounds before I tried to exit... and couldn't (I'll get back to that).

This game does try to be different with the stone blocks. New "gems" will not fall below the blocks so in order to get gems over there you just select an adjecent gem and move it to the "empty column"; any matches made there will remove the gems so you'll have to move more over as needed. Once all the visible tiles are gold, the stone blocks are removed and you have to turn those tiles (that were under the blocks) gold to finish the level. The main problem I had with this game was that you can not click and drag to swap tokens; it is click and click. And even worse, sometimes the second "click" doens't seem to register so it becomes click and click and click and click and click and click and finally match! You can make matches while tokens are falling BUT I think that is what was causing some of the click register problems...

There are "skill" bonuses, M4 or M5 creates row / column clear bonuses or bombs, respectively. There are also "color" bombs that count down and then explode nearby tokens of that color (I think), and "rotating" bombs that will explode ALL tokens of the color of icon that is showing when you click the bomb. The icons rotate very fast so it is hard to time but still makes big explosions! (woo hoo).

I didn't notice the timer much... but it does not seem to be a traditional timer. Making matches seems to refill the timer (not just turning tiles to gold) but if you have a lot of empty space to fill with tokens (under the stone blocks) that can drain the timer a lot. Once the stone blocks were removed my timer was always full since there were no more obstacles to deal with.

to be cont...

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Feb 27, 12 12:06 PM
cont...

In summary, I thought this is a different twist on the standard M3 game play. It is some what clunky, as many older M3 games are, but if you like M3s and you need to fill a punch card then it might be worth it... until I tried to exit!

You can only bring up the "menu" from the game board. When you try this, my options were: Resume, Restart Board, Main Menu. Main Menu gave me the option to Restart the Game or Continue. There was no exit option. I tried escape, I tried going to my desktop and right click to kill but it just reopened the game, I tried restarting the game... finally, I just killed the game from my task manager. This was the final straw for me!

I hope there is a good Daily Deal in the next two days because I only need one more for my punch card! (and sorry to be so wordy)

Edited on 02/27/2012 at 12:06:58 PM PST

[Post New]by VessaMorana on Feb 27, 12 4:09 PM
Thank you for being so wordy vessettj! It's always helpful to know all the problems a game has.

Go to: