All My Gods

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

All My Gods

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 27, 12 12:10 AM
Lead Saturn's son to the top of the Pantheon and help him become a mighty god in All My Gods! When Saturn decides to retire, he wants his son to take his place. The council of the gods respectfully accepts his will and welcomes an heir to take Saturn's place on one condition: He has to prove that he is worthy of their trust and divine powers he is about to receive. Outsmart the other gods who would try to stop you in All My Gods, an incredible Strategy game!

Edited on 02/28/2012 at 2:01:39 PM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:All My Gods

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 27, 12 2:49 AM
I don't think I've ever seen such an underwhelming response to a game ever!

Anyway, no review since I don't know a lot about these kind of games, but what I saw looked interesting and kept me entertained for the whole hour.
But I couldn't really understand where it was all going

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 27, 12 2:58 AM
It is a building sim game- and a very nice one- it has been out a while at the developers and a lot of us fans of these games have already bought it there - or in my case elsewhere where it is also out today ... so used a free coupon there..
did not want to start a new punch card here this late in the month.

It is a very nice game and it is NOT a TM- you take your time and play at your own pace.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 27, 12 3:01 AM
There is quite a lot to do in the tutorial: build new buildings, upgrade buildings, add new buildings, get gold, get food, learn more stuff in the schools, use your powers...

What I like best about this game is that there is no time limit attached to it. You get goals set from the Gods and mere mortals, but you can take as long as you like to accomplish them.

I quite like this game, but am not really that much into strategy games that I would consider buying it. I can see that it can get repetitive and boring after a while - for me, I mean.

But for those fishies who are strategy game fans, this is most likely a must-buy.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Feb 27, 12 3:04 AM
Cbtx has a very good point--3 hours after release, and no responses (except for Cbtx, and now, me). Not a good sign.

I didn't even try the demo (I know, that's probably unfair); the screenshots seemed amateurish, almost like from a coloring book; a glaring misspelling on the main gameplay screen-- "SATISTICS" vs. "STATISTICS" -- guess the proofreaders and quality controllers missed that one.

I'm not big on Strategy games, anyways--no go, here.

(ETA: Please let me amend my post a bit--after viewing the video (which is very good), I might change my mind about this one--I thought it was a TM, but it's a Resource Management game--that's good!)

Edited on 02/27/2012 at 3:11:16 AM PST

sparkle76
Marlin
Marlin
9,781 Posts

[Post New]by sparkle76 on Feb 27, 12 3:07 AM
yay, i am loving this game already! i just had to stop to go and make a sandwhich for my dinner! i can't be bothered cooking because i want to get back to the game!

as for the limited responses, i reckon it could be that it is such a great game, no-one wants to stop playing and do a review

le01
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by le01 on Feb 27, 12 3:09 AM
well, I tried this and spent most of my time waiting for gold from the "ever producing" gold mine .. so I guess so far I will be sitting on the fence with respect to buying.

Edited on 02/27/2012 at 3:14:11 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 27, 12 3:10 AM
elldee2728 wrote:Cbtx has a very good point--3 hours after release, and no responses (except for Cbtx, and now, me).

Have Govegrl and I last night drunk that stuff that makes you invisible, after all?

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Feb 27, 12 3:11 AM
Valdy wrote:
elldee2728 wrote:Cbtx has a very good point--3 hours after release, and no responses (except for Cbtx, and now, me).

Have Govegrl and I last night drunk that stuff that makes you invisible, after all?

The two of you are just faster typists than me, I guess. And no, I didn't for a minute think that you were wearing Harry Potter's "cloak of invisibility"!) LOL

Edited on 02/27/2012 at 3:14:08 AM PST

1010elisa
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by 1010elisa on Feb 27, 12 3:13 AM
How do you get more mana. i cant do anything!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 27, 12 3:16 AM
Hi Valdy

good on you for at least trying it

Folks that are fans of the Island Tribe series might recognize the graphics and even some of the characters.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 27, 12 3:18 AM
elldee2728 wrote:
Valdy wrote:

The two of you are just faster typists than me, I guess. And no, I didn't for a minute think that you were wearing Harry Potter's "cloak of invisibility"!) LOL

LOL Darn it. And here I was, hoping it would work. *sigh*

1010elisa: You either have to do things: upgrade buildings and such, to get extra mana or you just sit there and wait for it to fill up on its own. There isn't anything else you can do (maybe later you can buy some, I don't know, but not for now).

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 27, 12 3:20 AM
govegril wrote:Hi Valdy

good on you for at least trying it

Folks that are fans of the Island Tribe series might recognize the graphics and even some of the characters.

Yep... I own both Island Tribe 2 and 3, and love them. Really great games. I think this game just has just too many things that need doing, and I am running out of space. LOL

SPOILER ALERT

I left the game with everything done except getting all that cash together so I could get the ring and continue to the right. LOL

END OF SPOILER ALERT

le01
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by le01 on Feb 27, 12 3:21 AM
govegril wrote:

Just played those .. 2 and 3 .. and no, I do not recall the tutorial being as bad as this one .. only thing I remember is the very frustrating game play:-)

Edited on 02/27/2012 at 3:22:37 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 27, 12 3:28 AM
sorry le01 - I am not finding the game at all complicated- you just collect resources and fulfill the goals requested..

i do play a lot of these games so it is probably easy for me to pick it up.

Good Luck!

le01
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by le01 on Feb 27, 12 4:11 AM
govegril wrote:sorry le01 - I am not finding the game at all complicated- you just collect resources and fulfill the goals requested..

i do play a lot of these games so it is probably easy for me to pick it up.

Good Luck!

thank you for the patronising . only . once bought .. my everlasting gold mine still does not produce.

And for the record .. not looking for "complicated" just spending nice time.

And it would appear that I create too many science points .. so am stuck, lol .. at least without some gold-producing mine!

Edited on 02/27/2012 at 4:18:37 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 27, 12 4:23 AM
sorry le10did not mean to be patronising -

i mentioned the graphics and you quoted me then mentioned something unrelated so thought you were asking a question.

The game really is a nice time- and the tutorial really did work ok for me here-
you obviously have some bugs in yours then

again Good Luck

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 27, 12 4:57 AM
1010elisa wrote:How do you get more mana. i cant do anything!

SPOILER ALERT ... highlight to read

You need to build shrines and later temples to help accumulate mana faster, build them by the lava mountain after you have earned the Ring and activated the first Obelisk.

When you have full mana use the Hand of God to dive into the gold mine and extract some gold or get you some much needed logs.

As for creating too many science points, you just need to spend them . As part of my strategy I actually researched some things before they were asked for and I made some of the people/gods wait for what they wanted, eg they asked for roads and I got wells and lumber mills first as I thought they were more important.

In the bottom left hand corner you have 3 symbols in a circle ... click on the book to open the research area and then click on the word Study underneath what you want to research next ... NB ... if you need more science points for a particular thing than the game will let you accumulate you just need to build more schools (I currently have 4 upgraded to level 2).

If you have too many goods and are wasting stuff click on the vase & purse symbol (bottom left hand corner) to open the market area and then sell a couple of things, each click sells 10 of an item.

The game is all about balance ... you see something that is at full capacity so you use some, you see a lack so you try and fulfil it ... you are the juggler

I hope the above has helped you, if not shout again and I will try to do better.

Cherb

ETA ...

I have just built a bank so that should help with the finances

Edited on 02/27/2012 at 6:41:42 AM PST

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Feb 27, 12 5:47 AM
I haven't been a member for a couple of months now and I was still able to d/l this game today! Thanks for the glitch BFG!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 27, 12 6:38 AM
Looking at Cherbtoo's spoiler, I may reconsider and get this game after all.

I like this type of game, because you can play for an hour or so, then exit, and come back another day. You don't continue the game, wondering what you have done last, and where you were supposed to go next, as you do with HOGs if you left the game halfway through and play another day.
That's why I like M3 games and games like "Roads of Rome" and "Island Tribe", because you can pick up where you've left off at any time, and not be confused.

So maybe I will get this game. I used to play "The Settlers" and similar games many years ago, and enjoyed them.

Go to: