Reviews for All My Gods

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for All My Gods

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 27, 12 12:18 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of All My Gods? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the All My Gods page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for All My Gods

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 27, 12 5:09 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Feb 27, 12 5:57 AM
"All My Gods" is a simulation reminiscent of "The Settlers" series, with a Roman setting. It's slow-placed, but quite enjoyable. The small map also makes it a placement puzzle.

Though not mentioned, it is possible to drag the workers around.
You're given various quests by mythological deities throughout the game which can be researched for resources.

Definitely give it a try!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 27, 12 6:39 AM
i allready got from the devs, and too me, it was kind of jumbled, very busy, and your buildings wind up right on top of each other,,,instructions could of been clearer, while its a nice waste of time, its not up there with other builders, but since most (like me) are desperate for a builder, this will be a buy for many

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 27, 12 6:52 AM
In a nutshell this game is

F A N T A S T I C

As with the Island Tribe games these graphics are beautifully drawn and all the different buildfings look delightful .

The object of the game is to prove yourself worthy of succeeding your father Saturn when he retires. To do this you have to build a town and meet the requests of the people and other gods along the way while trying to avoid the wrath of another one ... you won't like him when he gets angry .

The best things about this game are ...

It is untimed
There are enough different buildings to keep me happy including a bank
Variety of requests from other citizens or gods
You can landscape and make your town prettier
The size of the playing area is expandable and new areas open up as you fulfil tasks

I have to confess that I have been typing this for a couple of hours because I keep sneaking back to play a bit more inbetween sentences .

This game was definitely well worth the wait and if you like strategy building games then this is the game for you.

Cherb

ETA ... forgot to mention about the size of the playing area.

...MORE GAMES LIKE THIS PLEASE DEVS & BFG ...

Edited on 02/27/2012 at 10:47:08 AM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Feb 27, 12 7:27 AM
I LOVE IT!!! The only thing stopping it from being an instant buy for me is it would be the 1st punch on a new card (and I have trouble filling one a month as it is!) so I will wait for 1st March to get it. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't be writing this because it would be taking up valuable playing time .

For those (like me) who don't like what I call 'true sims' (where the little people have minds of their own and you have to keep dragging them to tasks to make them do them and learn things) - you may be pleased to hear that this is NOT one of those.

It's more like a Westward game although so far, 51 mins into the demo, it doesn't have the puzzling type quests. When I say like a Westward game I mean because everything is inter-related. For example, as your population increases, food production will need to increase too. & doing one thing will earn a certain resource which may be needed for something else, but could also use up something needed for yet another quest and you have to balance things out. The first few steps need to do be done in the order the tutorial tells you but it wasn't long at all before I was able to decide for myself how I wanted to use my resources.

Also (a big +!): It isn't individual levels - you keep building on the same civilisation (at your own pace).

But IMO the GENIUS feature of this game, because it ties in well to the story and is different to other games of this genre, is that, being a young god, you have divine power and can use that to speed things up if you want to. You can balance whether you want to save your divine power and wait for the builders to do something in their own time or whether you want to use up a little divine power to make a building appear instantly.

In the same way, if resources are becoming an issue you can sacrifice some divine power by taking resources immediately, such as fish from the river or gold from the mine.

Another big plus is apparently NOT having to wait until you are told to do something. Twice so far, I unlocked/built a new building before the game told me about it (for a new building you can hover over the button to see why it is locked - it's about having studied the right science, not about waiting for the game to give you permission), but when Jupiter finally asked me to build those, the game DID recognise each time, after a few seconds, that I had already built it

contd ...

Edited on 02/27/2012 at 7:53:03 AM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Feb 27, 12 7:29 AM
.............. contd

I also liked the fact that although quests of the 'reach this resource level' or 'build this building' type were recognised as complete as soon as the target was reached and automatically completed, the ones which said 'so and so needs you to give them so much of these resources' were optional. For those, you have up to so many mins to hand it over. For me, I already had the resources so it WASN'T so much about limited time to earn the resources as about freedom to wait that long before handing them over and (I assume) freedom to not hand it over at all if you like.

I always did hand it over, but used the generous timer (3 or 4 mins) to pick a convenient moment to do it - either last minute or perhaps when that resource had reached it's current maximum level.

ETA please don't anyone be put off by my mention of a timer - it is giving you time to choose if/when to hand over some resources.

This is NOT a timed game.

Every building seems to serve a purpose - increasing something that you need while using up some other resource and, as I said in part 1, it's OK to get ahead of the quests. I wanted a barn before I was asked for one so I looked at what was needed to unlock it, did what I needed to in order to meet those requirements and went ahead.

I read the help section before I started. Between that and the tutorial, I felt that things were explained well.

There was just one thing (during my demo time) that I didn't notice being explained. I was seeing a message: 'Tree. may be chopped' but hadn't been told how (didn't get the option that you get to clear a heap) and wanted to clear it to make more space for building.

From playing other similar games I did easily enough figure out how to do that but I made a tip thread about it (http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/201425.page) in case anyone gets stuck on that.

Edited on 02/27/2012 at 7:54:49 AM PST

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Feb 27, 12 7:32 AM
slow going
hurry up and wait
small graphics

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Feb 27, 12 9:22 AM
Thank you Daisy May for an excellent review. I don't think I can add anything else. I agree it is rather like the Westward Games. Loving have tasks to do and without pressure of timing (like Westward) this is a buy for me so If you like time management games this is NOT for you. It's also a little bit like Life Quest in that you have to study things like agriculture at a library.

Looking forward to seeing what my town is going to look like.

[Post New]by hollylulu on Feb 27, 12 9:40 AM
couldn't agree more best game from bfg for ages, more like it please!!!!

sephira1
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by sephira1 on Feb 27, 12 11:59 AM
just installed the game and been playing it on trial basis,..if afew things are implemented i will buy the game, main issue for me is the slowness of the mana regen, and overall waiting to be able to do something., I think a game speed - or mana regen speed wheel to increase speed would enhance game play alot. Another thing, and this is just a personal preference, I think being able to choose your avatar as a male or female instead of the game just saying a son would be nice.

other features i would like to see for expansions would be having the avator be able to do more things like walk around and explore and take away the fog without needing the ring to do it, and having some customization choices for the avatar as well as the people in the village.. otherwise this seems to be fun and interesting game...i loved black&white/b&w2 and populous games which are god/strat/building games and adding any features from those types of games would add alot of depth
and fun also imo.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 27, 12 12:16 PM
sephira1 wrote:just installed the game and been playing it on trial basis,..if afew things are implemented i will buy the game, main issue for me is the slowness of the mana regen, and overall waiting to be able to do something., I think a game speed - or mana regen speed wheel to increase speed would enhance game play alot. Another thing, and this is just a personal preference, I think being able to choose your avatar as a male or female instead of the game just saying a son would be nice.

other features i would like to see for expansions would be having the avator be able to do more things like walk around and explore and take away the fog without needing the ring to do it, and having some customization choices for the avatar as well as the people in the village.. otherwise this seems to be fun and interesting game...i loved black&white/b&w2 and populous games which are god/strat/building games and adding any features from those types of games would add alot of depth
and fun also imo.

No offence intended but ...

Part of the game play is what you, as a player, actually do to make mana regenerate and science points accumulate faster.

Being allowed to play as a female would just not work with this game ... not only are you the SON of Saturn but you need to be a male for things that happen later on .

In this game earning the expansion of the map is part of the challenge and makes it more interesting than having everthing handed to you on a plate.

Believe me if you purchase this game you will still have fun. I have been playing on and off for most of the day and I was just made completely helpless with laughter when the game threw one of its curveballs and there is still a lot of mist to uncover.

Sorry if you think I have overstepped the mark by answering you instead of the devs themselves but I feel very passionate about this game and would like to see people accept it for what it is ... a great one. It really needs to be played more to appreciate it.

Cherb

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Feb 27, 12 12:35 PM
I tried to like this game, I really did, as it kind of reminded me of "Settlement Colossus", the one game I always 'fall back on' when I'm bored or there are no games to my liking. I failed miserably.

First of all, I love this type of game - no time limits, no waiting for hints to recharge, etc. It was simply a building game where you do what the other 'gods' ask of you in order to become the 'head god'. The graphics were fine and I didn't run across any glitches.

What I did find, however, was that I never had enough of what I needed to go forward in the game - especially gold. I was always running out of 'manna' and by the time I got enough to do something, especially getting gold, it was never enough to progress in the game because I would run out of, yep, manna, before I was able to mine enough gold.

I may try this again later on, however. When it comes out as a DD, it could be worth another try, just to see if I'm having an 'off' day. Until then, I'll just play SC and see what comes out tomorrow. Happy gaming everyone.

Reviews for All My Gods

[Post New]by RealOcean on Feb 27, 12 1:06 PM
I love these type of games and feel like I have waited forever for a new one.
This one is fun and lets you build at your own pace. No timer is a welcome change!
If you play games to relax then you will love this one.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Feb 27, 12 2:17 PM
Based on the demo - this game is cute and a little different. While the whole game doesn't have a timer, I've encountered a couple of tasks that were timed. Fortunately I got the gold before the timer ran out so i can't tell you what happens if you don't make it. I'm rather torn if I want to get it or not. Instead of building up the civilization as you see fit, they tell you what to do every step of the way. My hour did fly by before I knew it though.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Feb 27, 12 3:06 PM
This is just... boring. Wait wait wait... then wait wait wait some more... I was really hoping to like it as I want another Zellions type game but... this isn't it. If there was a way to stop waiting on mana all the time might have been fun. It's just a way to artificially lengthen the game.

You get tasks to do but you never have levels to finish... it all seems to be on the same screen. Guess that made it simple to make the game since it's all the same but it adds up to just more yawn for the player.

There actually IS a timer in the game although for the life of me I can't figure out what it's for... it's the day/night bar in the upper right. Maybe it was intended to be timed but the devs removed that feature to bump sales to people who don't like timed games??

Could have been a great game but... it misses the mark. And I agree... you should have the option of playing as female. No reason to leave out the Goddesses! And you're a GOD there's also no reason that a Goddess couldn't do everything a God could do... yep even that.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 27, 12 3:31 PM
gamergirl675 wrote:This is just... boring. Wait wait wait... then wait wait wait some more... I was really hoping to like it as I want another Zellions type game but... this isn't it. If there was a way to stop waiting on mana all the time might have been fun. It's just a way to artificially lengthen the game.

You get tasks to do but you never have levels to finish... it all seems to be on the same screen. Guess that made it simple to make the game since it's all the same but it adds up to just more yawn for the player.

There actually IS a timer in the game although for the life of me I can't figure out what it's for... it's the day/night bar in the upper right. Maybe it was intended to be timed but the devs removed that feature to bump sales to people who don't like timed games??

Could have been a great game but... it misses the mark. And I agree... you should have the option of playing as female. No reason to leave out the Goddesses! And you're a GOD there's also no reason that a Goddess couldn't do everything a God could do... yep even that.

It actually is a great game, a little patience is required initially but it soon takes off and you will be busy LOL.

Hints to make the game less boring at the start ... highlight to read.

If you were to build more buildings such as schools (at least 4 ) and shrines (at least 2 ) you wouldn't have to wait around and get bored because your science points and mana would mount up and you could research things as soon as you had enough points.

Oh yes there is a very good reason why you can't play as a Goddess but telling you the exact reason why would spoil it.

The "timer" you refer to is actually a production cycle indicator and every day your workers will produce a certain number of goods etc.

If, you enjoyed World of Zellians as much as I did I am 100% positive you will enjoy this game if you could just hang on in there at the beginning.

sephira1
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by sephira1 on Feb 27, 12 9:43 PM
i just won the game and want to say it was alot of fun,,im hopin for a addon with a sandbox mode, and will be hoping for a sequel..the review i gave earlier was incomplete, as i was complaining about the mana regen time and that increases once u can build shrines and temples,

i highly recommend this game it is challenging without being too easy, has alot of tech to keep learning all the way to the end of the game which keeps u building new buildings and keeps the game well paced and interesting..

actually i think they start out a little slow for experienced god gaming ppl but probably just about what kids or ppl not used to god type of games would find interesting without being too stressfull..

i think a option to start out with more advanced options for experienced players, also giving more options to avatar choices, especially the choice to play a female char would be very nice, my only other suggestion after winning the game is to allow building of homes, instead of just the worker tents.. and having the homes give some happiness to the population especially as they are upgraded and made larger, would be cool to even put statues fountains flowers etc in the homes areas as they are upgraded to make them even better imo.

im a huge fan of all the settler games, as well as black&white 1 & 2, populous, as well as all of the ceasar games, so anytime i see a game this excellent and fun..all in all this is excellent game,, a little slow to begin but it picks up the pace and is alot of fun.

sephira1
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by sephira1 on Feb 27, 12 9:58 PM
Cherb no offense taken, sorry i didnt read all the posts earlier was wanting to get back to the game Yes I agree a wonderful game, i was entertained throughout once mana regen picked up with shrines and temples..

also for those who were upset about gold it also can pick up quite quickly, i found 4 markets until i could build the bank and harbor were keeping my gold income adding up quickly, the only time it became a challenge was to keep mars and hera satisfied.. they are gold hungry bandits imo:LOL

For those who found it too challenging and slow to begin, i empathize.. im a veteran strategy god game building gamer for 20 years so it was slow for me but once i was able to get mana regen going faster and gold income increased to a good rate the game picks up and becomes vastly entertaining with a nice challenge throughout without being too easy or boring

and as for female avatar, make her a daughter and let her do what the son did for a male god.. not hard at all

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Feb 27, 12 10:20 PM
This was a very enjoyable game for me. I downloaded last night and was surprised when my demo expired. I had just got to the point of the second story/scroll part, which I think would be about 15% of the way through the game. I've been playing on and off all day, and I think it's probably taken me about 6 hours all up to complete.

Some things were a little confusing, and I had to zip into the Help screen to figure out what I needed to do - I can't even remember what the issue was now.

Mars and Hera were a pain in ... well, you know

I ran into a glitch where my stonemasons stopped producing. I've no idea why. I had two buildings, both upgraded to level 3, all of the resources they required were plentiful, but they just didn't produce. When I clicked on the buildings, they said they used 0 of both types of resource, and produced 0 stones. I ended up demolishing them and rebuilding them, and then they both worked fine.

I had a lot of times when it said I didn't have enough fish (I assume that's what the red/green numbers on the bottom row are) - when my stock went DOWN on each turn instead of UP. I know when I used the hand of god to obtain those resources, they went further into the red - I assume this is to guard against overuse. I'm still a bit confused on that, but it didn't stop me from finishing the game.

All in all, worth the purchase and the time spent. Wish I had a "camera" option so I could get a print of how my entire land looked.

Go to: