brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Comments for All My Gods

[Post New]by brookings on Feb 27, 12 1:37 PM
I didn't care much for this game. I kept running out of gold, you have to hunt all over the screen for it to turn green to build. I gauge fun against Royal Envoy, and in my opinion, this doesn't come close.

Re:Comments for All My Gods

[Post New]by maggie156 on Feb 27, 12 2:15 PM
If you play long enough having gold is not a problem

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Feb 27, 12 4:16 PM
I was constantly waiting on mana... B.O.R.I.N.G.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 28, 12 3:05 AM
Gamergirl... you said in the locked thread that there is a timer. That is not a timer at the top right-hand corner, but called "Daily Production Cycle".
Whatever your goals, they are not timed, you can take as long as you want.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Feb 28, 12 6:35 PM
I had fun with it. There are a few request usually made by the priests or workers that are timed. Other than that you can take as much time as you need to fulfill the requirements of the game. With the timed requests there are a few that come with consequences, (not going to say what) for those that haven't played it through yet. I didn't have any problem meeting any of the timed requests. In order to get all of the 20,000 civilization points t you have to get all of the awards. Depending on what you want to do, you can control how long the game takes-something I find really cool.

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Feb 28, 12 8:44 PM
As a Stategy fan, I am thoroughly enjoying this game and I love the fact that there is NO time limit which allows you to plan out where to build stuff.

I also like the Move button feature, its great to be able to move buildings around to create space for others - you can even move the Roads!

One thing I would have liked better in this respect is that once you have a building you want to move on the end of your cursor, I would prefer that you can scan over the Whole landscape whilst still holding the item, and then place it where you think best. The fact that you can only Move things Within the Current View is Limiting.

The Music is a little boring but then you wouldn't want to be listening to Rap or Rock when trying to Think..

The Sounds are cute when building and Chaos breaks loose in the Town.

I have to say I was not overly happy having to fight those two Villains all the time - All That Desctruction and having to Get Gold ASAP was a Pain - it did get monotomous!! I thought Oh No, not them AGAIN, I was trying to plan things and Up they would pop again. Mmmm... IMHO **** may think on Reducing the Number of Times they incorporate this type of Chaos coz it just got frustrating.

Having said that however, I DO love these games and I'll be back to buy again. Don't leave it too long ****! Thanks for the game.

SierraNV
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,208 Posts

[Post New]by SierraNV on Feb 29, 12 7:05 AM
I really enjoyed this game and it got me out of my head as I wait for Spring. No timer, the ability to continue to refine your city after the regular game play ended, and interesting problems to solve i.e. fields that don't produce, factories with little output, and space issues made this a very good game for me to play over the past few days. I look forward to more games from this developer.

Edited on 02/29/2012 at 7:07:00 AM PST

[Post New]by SGaler on Feb 29, 12 6:26 PM
Good game but it takes a little patience initially. Resources are slow to replenish until new science is discovered. For instance, Gold isn't an issue once you have banks. It is great fun to build and decide where to put things. I've played it through twice. Much easier the second time through, of course. This is a good strategy game. Not for the instant gratification crowd.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Mar 1, 12 5:41 AM
ZuluDawn13 mentions that you can only move a building around the current view, not the whole landscape. Not so. I would click on the move building icon, select the building I wanted to move, then if I wanted to place it in an area not currently visible I'd just put the building somewhere that it was red meaning you can't build there and click and drag the screen. You can still scroll the map even with the building attached to your cursor as long as you don't try to scroll the map using a space where the building can be placed. Give it a try, ZuluDawn13.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 1, 12 9:36 AM
This game is fun and entertaining. When I played the demo, I got peeps striking left, right, and centre - lack of food, I suppose was the reason.

But after reading all these comments here in the forum (and thank you, everyone, who has contributed), and having started again and being a little wiser, I didn't get any strikers the second time round.

Also, I take my time, and I don't always do what someone wants me to do, but what I think is important to be done. For example, when I am told to study such-and-such, but I think that something else should be studied first so I can advance in the game (getting more upgrades, etc), then I will do that first.

And because I don't have to do anything in a particular order, but am left pretty much to do what I want to do when, I am loving this game even more, because it has not all those restrictions you often get with this type of game.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Mar 1, 12 12:46 PM
Glad you ended up loving it Valdy .

The bit I've quoted below is a key factor in my enjoyment too.

Valdy wrote:And because I don't have to do anything in a particular order, but am left pretty much to do what I want to do when, I am loving this game even more, because it has not all those restrictions you often get with this type of game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 1, 12 2:08 PM
Hi Daisy...

Yes, this game is very flexible. And I find it incredibly easy to play as well. I had been worried when I read all those comments about the different types of problems peeps have, but I am gliding through this game just fine.

heidid
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by heidid on Mar 1, 12 7:34 PM
ZuluDawn13 wrote:One thing I would have liked better in this respect is that once you have a building you want to move on the end of your cursor, I would prefer that you can scan over the Whole landscape whilst still holding the item, and then place it where you think best. The fact that you can only Move things Within the Current View is Limiting.

If you use the arrow keys while dragging a building, you should be able to scan past the current view.

And I, too, am thoroughly enjoying this game!

SierraNV
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,208 Posts

[Post New]by SierraNV on Mar 2, 12 4:20 AM
So, I've replayed it several more times and tried doing things very differently each time with building placement and the order in which I took classes. One time, I had strikers every few minutes it seemed as I tried to rush everyone to get to the finale. Last time, I really thought about what the people needed rather than requests or getting to the end and I now have a very content city without strikers. I have not gotten to the finish of that particular game, but I think I will leave that community as it is knowing they have all they need.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 24, 12 10:50 AM
ZuluDawn13 wrote:The Music is a little boring but then you wouldn't want to be listening to Rap or Rock when trying to Think..
Nor anything else w/ lyrics you cared about.

I do notice that the Theater, instead of doing plays, has a small musical combo: Drums, strummed strings, and horn--a jazz trio?

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Apr 1, 12 8:58 PM
I love this game!! I thought it was hilarious when General Victorius from "Roads of Rome" showed up! Also the shaman from "Island Tribe."

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Comments for All My Gods

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 8, 12 12:05 AM
Thanks for the game names, sandhan!

Erinna1112
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Erinna1112 on May 1, 12 4:41 PM
I'm finding the mix of Roman and Greek gods amusing. I like the game, and am hoping for a second editon soon

Go to: