MsCIn513
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Mars and Hera

[Post New]by MsCIn513 on Feb 27, 12 7:07 PM
Is it me or is everyone constantly being struck by Mars and Hera? I am getting struck like every 3 minutes. Maybe because I am on the Trojan level area. Not sure but its driving me crazy. I built the theatre and still they continue to damage my buildings and set them on fire. Its making me not want to play. I even paid them off a few times yet they continue coming back every three minutes ughh

sephira1
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Mars and Hera

[Post New]by sephira1 on Feb 27, 12 9:09 PM
they are annoying, but eventually u will be able to pay them off.. it actually is not that hard just get into major fast gold production by building alot of markets i just won the game, was actually alot of fun,..hoping to see a sandbox mode with some options to choose obstacles to overcome and a sequel

kaleyna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by kaleyna on Feb 28, 12 3:58 PM
I simply can't get past this level! I've built markets and some banks and a number of shrines, wells and aqueducts, but I can't get enough money to stop them long enough to get all the fires out. I can't get enough to build the theater yet either. This is making a fun game really not fun. I am beginning to not want to play anymore. I’ve been working on getting past this level for a very long time now. A couple of days. I'm starting to think I'll have to start all over and have a bunch of banks and the like already built before this level starts. Aargh.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Feb 28, 12 4:25 PM
I didn't worry about paying Mars off. It was cheaper and faster to let him do his damage and repair put out fires. I followed the same strategy with Hera except for the final time. When I did not pay her off she struck again so I went ahead and gathered the money through the caravan and using mana to gather gold. It was hard the first time I played and the second time I played I think, but I'm not sure, because I had more $$ they demanded more than they had the first time I played.

kaleyna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by kaleyna on Feb 28, 12 4:50 PM
So are you saying they will eventually stop becuase they have been attacking non stop for many hours of play. Its killing me. I cant put out all the fires and do all the repairs before they strike again. Not even if I have paid one of them so i have more time in between.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Feb 28, 12 5:01 PM
Mars stops after you give him an artifact. At some point Mercury or Flora ( can't recall which) takes pity on you and tells you that if you explore a certain area and find a certain article Mars will be happy. Once that's taken care of Mars swears he'll leave you alone and he does. Hera is a tad more vicious and continues even after you give Mars the artifact. I think that might have been the time where ignored her twice and after time ran out the second time she attacked. Once I paid her off that last time she stopped. Even though I've played twice through, I don't recall exactly how it went. Once you activate that last obelisk you should be able to find that article.

Edited on 02/28/2012 at 5:07:30 PM PST

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Feb 28, 12 6:29 PM
What worked best for me was to NOT fulfill any of Venus's request until I'd had at least 20K saved. Or, you can fulfill her first request before Mars begins to attack- I think. After that, wait until you can pay them the 5K several times.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Feb 28, 12 6:39 PM
That's a strategy that would work too. In part, on my second go around I took my time fulfilling her requests, so I did have more cash available.

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Mar 11, 12 9:42 PM
When Mars comes into the scene and wants an obelisk built in honor of him, just build other things and collect a lot of money. He won't show up again to strike you until you have accomplished the task of building him an obelisk.

Edited on 03/11/2012 at 9:44:07 PM PST

[Post New]by Ayreshire on Apr 6, 12 2:06 PM
I have paid each of them off about six times now and they still keep coming after me. I don't know what to do. It has completely ruined the game for me. Any ideas?

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Mars and Hera

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 8, 12 12:09 AM
Yes. As advised above, stop paying them off. It's cheaper to just deal w/ the damage they inflict.

If you realize that they cannot actually ruin your town, you'll enjoy the game a lot more.

TiffanyRenoir
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by TiffanyRenoir on Apr 16, 12 7:58 PM
I never paid them until Hera asks for the 6 thousand gold. At that point, if you have also gotten the artifact for Mars, she will stop harassing you. In the meantime, putting out the fires and repairing the damage buildings gives helps with getting the awards for using the "Hand of God".
It does give you some breathing room if you take your time fulfilling Venus's requests. Just ignore her until you're out of building room and need to progress in the game. By then you'll have some cash built up, but even so, don't bother paying them because they still pop up every few minutes wanting more, until Mars gets his artifact.

Go to: