bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Puzzler World 2

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 28, 12 12:10 AM
Take on even more challenging Puzzles in Puzzler World 2! Earn terrific trophies and take on the incredible Master Mode! Complete Puzzles to unlock bonus games and a spin of the all-new Prize Wheel. Earn different prizes that can be used on those especially challenging levels. Collect as many prizes as you can as you train your brain to take on the different styles of puzzles and dominate Puzzler World 2!

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

Re:Puzzler World 2

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Feb 28, 12 12:23 AM
I bought Puzzler World 1 when BFG released it last week and haven't even begun to scratch the surface of all of the puzzles in that game. There are thousands of them to complete, so it provides many hours of entertainment and is good value. I didn't know there was a sequel. If it is as enjoyable as the first game then I will probably buy. .

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 28, 12 1:08 AM
roxiestar74 wrote:I bought Puzzler World 1 when BFG released it last week and haven't even begun to scratch the surface of all of the puzzles in that game. There are thousands of them to complete, so it provides many hours of entertainment and is good value. I didn't know there was a sequel. If it is as enjoyable as the first game then I will probably buy. .

Ditto to all, except that I probably won't buy this one, because there is only so much time I want to spend on these puzzles (prefer them for the NDS), and rather play HOGs, M3 and TM/Strategy games on my computer.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Feb 28, 12 1:26 AM
I thought the puzzles in Puzzler World 1 were very easy - small, and so short. The puzzles in Puzzler World 2 are bigger - for example, on the link-a-pix puzzle you have to scroll to finish the puzzle. Plus there is a special short puzzle against the clock after each 'major' puzzle, you can choose to play it or not, but if you do and you beat the clock you get to spin the wheel of fortune, where you can win hints, puzzle letters, and other things.

I've just spent a full hour playing this one, where I got bored with the other after 20 minutes, so - I'll be buying this one.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 28, 12 1:40 AM
Kamali wrote:I thought the puzzles in Puzzler World 1 were very easy - small, and so short. The puzzles in Puzzler World 2 are bigger - for example, on the link-a-pix puzzle you have to scroll to finish the puzzle. Plus there is a special short puzzle against the clock after each 'major' puzzle, you can choose to play it or not, but if you do and you beat the clock you get to spin the wheel of fortune, where you can win hints, puzzle letters, and other things.

I've just spent a full hour playing this one, where I got bored with the other after 20 minutes, so - I'll be buying this one.

Don't care to play against the clock, and don't care for those puzzles where you have to scroll down to see the rest. Had some of those scrolling puzzles with Pictograms for my NDS - hated it.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Feb 29, 12 11:54 AM

This game is a definite NO BUY for me as there are NO instructions to help you ascertain what steps to take -- Link-A-Pix. I could make neither heads nor tails out of what I was supposed to do to make that shown picture.

MEnr56

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Feb 29, 12 6:42 PM
MEnr56 wrote:

This game is a definite NO BUY for me as there are NO instructions to help you ascertain what steps to take -- Link-A-Pix. I could make neither heads nor tails out of what I was supposed to do to make that shown picture.

MEnr56

That bolded statement (bolding mine) is not true

There are 2 (in-game) places where you can find instructions for any of the puzzle types:

1) Although there is no 'instructions' button on any puzzle playing screen itself - if you press pause you will get one on the screen that you get while paused and it will take you to that puzzle on the list of instructions entries.

or...... 2) If you want to see a list of all the types of puzzle and instructions for any of them:

Pick 'instructions' from the main menu. Then grab the list of help topics with your mouse to scroll down. You'll see an entry for each puzzle type. Click on the one you want help with for details of how to play it.The game does tell you that you need to use the mouse to move up and down that list but doesn't actually tell you how.

-----------

I have to admit that, even with instructions I do find link-a-pix to be the hardest of all the puzzle types. I intend to save my hints for those ones as I don't expect to need them for the other types.

The hint I have found most useful in a link-a-pix puzzle, after I have filled in as much as I think I can (but still have some links that I'm not seeing enough space to complete), is the one priced 10 hint tokens. It offers to remove any incorrect links.

I've completed 2 so far and used that hint once towards the end of each.

For anyone reading who really hates one or two of the puzzle types, I'd like to clarify that I'm only saving hints for those because I want to play them and get better at them............... it does seem possible to just skip some types completely.

There are so many puzzles at the entry level - I make it 1120 because each of the 560 entries contains a main puzzle and a bonus puzzle (& all 560 entries appear to be unlocked right from the start) - that I think that even skipping one or 2 types completely should still leave plenty of others to play.

I liked this one much better than the first one (and bought this one). I said more about why I think this one is better in the reviews thread, so I won't repeat it all here.

Edited on 03/01/2012 at 9:25:40 AM PST

Go to: