bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Puzzler World 2

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 28, 12 12:44 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Puzzler World 2? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Puzzler World 2 page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Puzzler World 2

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 28, 12 12:44 AM
Hi fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Feb 28, 12 1:28 AM
This game has some differences from the first game. There is only one mode of play to start with, where as the first game had two modes, which I liked better. One mode allows you to play the game chronologically, if you choose, and the other mode is a quickplay option, which in the first game allows you to play any puzzle in the game with unlimited hints. Puzzler World 2 does not have the quickplay option, and I dislike that. It has one mode of play that you start with, where the puzzles are in chronological order (although as with the first game you don't have to play them that way and can skip around) and it seems as if there is another mode that can be unlocked later after you finish a certain amount of puzzles. I don't mind that there is a mode that you unlock with achievements (there are also trophies that can be earned, and that is new too) , I just think they should have also kept the quickplay mode. The quickplay mode is good for learning how to do a puzzle that is new to you since the hints are unlimited. In regular mode you are more likely to run out of hints and that can cause you to get stuck.

Some of the puzzles are the same as the first game. There are a lot of Word Searches, and they seem to be on the easy side as with the first game, and there is a game called Fitword, which is also in the first game, that I find pretty easy, which involves putting words into a crossword puzzle based on their letters and not on clues. Other people might find that puzzle more challenging than I do though. Linx-a-Word which is one of my favorites in the first game is back. I find that one to be pretty challenging. It reminds me a bit of World Mosaics since you are making a picture using numbers, but is different than that game in the way that there are more than one ways to link numbers, and you have to figure out which way works best so that all of the numbers link.

In general, I think that people should try the game for themselves and see if it is challenging enough for them. There are a lot of crosswords and/or variations on crosswords, Backwords and Pieceword are crossword puzzle variations that are new to this game. I have never played these puzzles before, so it presents a new challenge to me. People who are crossword experts mind find these crossword games too easy though. Sudoku is back in this game as well. As with the crosswords, if you are Sudoku expert, you might find the puzzles here too easy. I am new to Sudoku so they challenge me enough.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Feb 28, 12 1:28 AM
Just posted my review in a different thread, then realised I wasn't in the review thread (sorry).

I thought the puzzles in Puzzler World 1 were very easy - small, and therefore short. The puzzles in Puzzler World 2 are bigger - for example, on the link-a-pix puzzle you have to scroll to finish the puzzle.

Plus there is a special short puzzle against the clock after each 'major' puzzle (you can choose to play it or not) but if you do and you beat the clock you get to spin the wheel of fortune, where you can win hints, puzzle letters, and other things.

I've just spent a full hour playing this one, where I got bored with the other after 20 minutes, so - I'll be buying this one.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Feb 28, 12 3:55 AM
For me, part 2 seemed older, as if the devs had took a step back. When the link-a-pix in this new game didn't fill the screen and you had to scroll, that was an immediate turn off for me and deleted. I had hoped these games would be more challenging this time but don't like the scrolling.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Feb 28, 12 6:23 AM
I liked this demo much better than the first one and will be buying this.

I prefer the prize wheel idea - seems if I am running out of hints I will just need to replay one of the early bonus games to get another shot at the wheel and earn more easily.

Did get bonus game hints in the first one but can get gift boxes as low as 5 hints. Minimum on the prize wheel is 10 and the first bonus game in PW2 only takes seconds to play so won't be a hardship for me to repeat it if I need more hints.

Prizes on the wheel are various amounts of hints or letters from the word PUZZLER. If you eventually manage to spell the whole thing you win 100 hints. The next time you do that, 125 hints and so on.

But the main thing which caught my eye is that there are more puzzle choices in the sequel:

I spotted new puzzles Pieceword (the crossword has been jumbled up in 3 x3 blocks) and Backwards (you start with all the letters and clues but have to fill in the black squares) which used to be favourites of mine when I used to buy these magazines every time I had a long train journey (those 2 games play a bit differently to the way they worked in the magazine but are still far more interesting that a basic crossword IMO). PW2 seems to have a longer list of bonus game types too.

If you want to see which other games each has & how they work. Pick 'instructions' from the main menu. In the first game click on the arrows to scroll, in the second game, grab the list with your mouse and drag it up or down.

You can see the lists of all the possible puzzle types and click on individual ones for instructions on how that puzzle works.

Details which apply to both games:

When entering numbers in sudoku or letters in a crossword and so on, you can type using your keyboard. Don't have to click on the numbers/letters displayed on the screen.

For a crossword, having selected whether doing the across or down, you can type in the whole word using your keyboard

There's no instructions button on the puzzle playing screen but if you press pause you will get one on the screen that you get while paused.

I thought (incorrectly) that sudoku was pointing out mistakes and I didn't want to be told as I went along. But it was only pointing out (by making number pink) that I had 2 of a number in the same row, column or box. If I put one in the wrong place but isn't a duplicate it doesn't warn me - which is how I prefer it.

Edited on 02/28/2012 at 6:35:31 AM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Feb 28, 12 6:27 AM
........... contd

In summary:

I think that anyone on the fence about the original game (especially if not that thrilled about the main puzzle types - not interesting enough) may find it worth demoing this one.

I was only luke warm about the original and decided I'd get bored with it too quickly but this one is much better IMO.

ETA more information about this game:

The challenge mode has 560 puzzles - a mixture of the different types.
That's really 1120 puzzles because each entry has a corresponding bonus puzzle.

So far I have unlocked master mode for Pieceword and Backwards. It shows that there will be 16 of each but only one unlocked so far. I didn't notice whether every puzzle type gets a master mode entry or only the main puzzle types. My demo has now run out so I can't check until I buy (which won't be until next month)

The difference in master mode is that the grid is bigger -
For example, the 1st challenge Pieceword puzzle had 9 blocks to move around, but 1st master has 25.

& 1st challenge Backwards puzzle was 9 x 9 grid, 1st master is 15 x 15.

(I completed 1st master Backwards but next one is still locked so I'm guessing that they are maybe each unlocked by doing a certain number of the corresponding challenge puzzles).

Edited on 02/28/2012 at 7:00:52 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 29, 12 11:09 AM
I have bought the first Puzzler game, because I liked it very much. This game is on the same quality, maybe even better. I will buy this game too

dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dog2007 on Mar 24, 12 10:38 PM
I LOVE Puzzler 1 so I thought I'd try Puzzler 2. Glad I just did the demo and didn't spend my money. For one thing the games are a lot harder, but not in a good way. For example the lines in Sudoku make it impossible to tell if the boxes are vertical or horizontal (like the first it starts with 1-6 rather than 1-9). Another problem is the scrolling in games like the crossword puzzles. It's impossible to simply move around. I'm totally lost on Backwords and though the instructions help a little the hints are a total snore. I click hint and it does some random clue and gives no help at all. The clarity is poor in games like wordsearch and the screen is so big for link-a-pic that you have to move the board to do the puzzle. Finally the extra games stink. They either go too fast, are too complicated, or involve words no one has ever heard of before.

This is definitely NOT a game worth buying

Angel61400
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Angel61400 on Jun 5, 12 7:28 PM
I actually really like the puzzles in the game. I love that they are a lot of puzzles and that there is variety.

The one major problem I have with the game, and with the first of the series as well, is that it is very flashy. I wish the game design was more basic, just a long list of puzzles, maybe separated into categories. The game has so many puzzles to play and choose from, it didn't need the flashy stuff - such as the wheel, the really bright colors, etc.

Likely will not be buying it for this reason.

Go to: