bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for The Scruffs: Return of the Duke! February 28 2012

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Feb 28, 12 11:59 AM
We have a new version of The Scruffs: Return of the Duke up and ready for you now. This update takes care of the following progression blocks in Chapter 9:

• Issues polishing the silver.
• Issues putting the laxative in the dog food.

Edited to add: As of March 2, 2012, this update is now available for both PC and Mac.

To get the newest version you'll just need to uninstall and reinstall the game. For help with uninstalling and reinstalling check out this help article here:

Uninstalling and Reinstalling

If you still have trouble after the update, just get in touch with our Customer Support team for help. One of our reps will be happy to help!

Happy gaming!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 03/02/2012 at 5:24:46 PM PST

Re:UPDATE! New version available for The Scruffs: Return of the Duke! February 28 2012

[Post New]by jasminewolf on Feb 29, 12 7:18 PM
Awesome !! it worked ! I breezed through the level in record time! =)
sooo.... now onto level ten.... =)
Thanks!
JasmineWolf

Re:UPDATE! New version available for The Scruffs: Return of the Duke! February 28 2012

[Post New]by lindaloo27 on Feb 29, 12 11:19 PM
I just tried this too (twice) and it still doesn't work. Do you have to start the game all over again from Chapter 1? It keeps starting where I left off in Chapter 9 but there is still no cloth and 2 pieces of silverware that need polishing -

kaywv
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by kaywv on Mar 2, 12 2:36 PM
I uninstall and re installed the new version. every works fine. They start you off with chapter 9 so you do not have to start the game over

[Post New]by aduncanzianet on Mar 2, 12 6:48 PM
I uploaded the new version, finished the game, started over, and now I can't pick up the stupid credit card!

[Post New]by aduncanzianet on Mar 2, 12 6:50 PM
Never mind. I got the card about the fiftieth time I tried to pick it up. Sheesh!

[Post New]by Linda_in_Aussie on Mar 2, 12 10:37 PM
Uninstalling and then reinstalling the new version worked fine for me.

Took me back to the beginning of Chapter 9 that I had to replay but breezed through it - and with trepidation played the polished silver part - with success and finished the game easily.

Even replayed it to make sure everything worked although had a small problem with feeding the dog - had to fill the bowl 2 times before that worked. Hmm.

donnacal
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by donnacal on Mar 3, 12 1:17 PM
I updated the new version and still cannot play the game - still receive the error message about the screen resolution not being large enough - when I have a 2011 iMAC!! System is Lion. Could that be the problem?

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Mar 4, 12 4:11 AM
donnacal wrote:I updated the new version and still cannot play the game - still receive the error message about the screen resolution not being large enough - when I have a 2011 iMAC!! System is Lion. Could that be the problem?

The Scruffs is supposed to be Lion compatible.

[Post New]by nigelchester on Mar 5, 12 8:16 AM
I have re installed the game and I still cannot polish the silver and I was able to put the laxative in the dog food but winston just keeps on pacing ( 15 mins I stared at it ) went to other rooms to see if I went back to him if anything would happen and zip.......help

Edited on 03/05/2012 at 9:50:50 AM PST

[Post New]by Dawnster on Jun 1, 12 10:28 AM
I purchased the game in April and I am having the same problem with polishing the silver. My cloth disappeared and it's saying I did not polish some of the items so I am stuck.

Another problem was with the plates - when I was trying to assemble them, one of my pieces got stuck in a corner of the screen near to the "help" question mark and I could not get it out. I eventually completed that part by just picking up the glue to glue the plate with the missing piece (I had already completed the other 2 plates) and that piece just automatically joined with the rest.

Very disappointing not to be able to complete the game after having purchased it. I feel cheated.

[Post New]by Dawnster on Jun 1, 12 10:34 AM
Just wanted to add that I would hate to start over the game so have not tried uninstalling and re-installing, especially since my purchase date was long after the "new" version became available in February.

[Post New]by mumholoi on Jun 25, 12 12:06 AM
It still doesn't work, I still can not give the dog the laxative, I want my money back

Moon38
Clownfish
Clownfish
533 Posts

[Post New]by Moon38 on Nov 4, 12 11:00 PM
Me either mumholoi and I want mine back too. Guess I'll have to ruin someone's day tomorrow

Go to: