bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

Post any The Scruffs: Return of the Duke technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Feb 28, 12 12:03 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

tabra0424
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Post any The Scruffs: Return of the Duke technical issues here only

[Post New]by tabra0424 on Feb 28, 12 4:45 PM
Thank-you BF for fixing the problem. I have always been happy with this site, and as always you fix problems FAST.

jennipurr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jennipurr on Feb 28, 12 9:15 PM
Thank you for the fix!!!!

[Post New]by bcydylo on Feb 29, 12 11:22 PM
I still cannot add laxative to the dog bowl in chapter 9.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Mar 3, 12 4:27 AM
This game is unplayable on wide screen monitors with resolution slightly lower than the developer's parameters.

Quite a bit of the scene is cropped off so I couldn't even get through the first two tasks without eventually toggling off "full screen".

Uninstalled because of this.

kardel
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by kardel on Mar 5, 12 2:15 AM
cant activate the game after purchase have no purchase history to fall back on tired of these problems which have only started since the insulation of the new games manager talk about bugs by reading most of the forums i have discovered i am not the only one which seems to point to a problem at your end with your program

[Post New]by TeachGrace on Mar 8, 12 8:00 PM
bcydylo wrote:I still cannot add laxative to the dog bowl in chapter 9.

Me either! Boo! Guess I'll uninstall and try again!

noilif
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by noilif on Mar 11, 12 2:23 PM
Help! There seems to be a glitch in the silverware polishing sequence. I thought I polished all the silverware but the rusty spoon stayed the same. I thought I might be gold so I let it be. Not knowing what else to do, I placed the silverware wherever I could. Several pieces laid on top of the box but not all. Later I discovered the combination and opened the case. The pieces that were on top were now inside and I placed the remaining pieces in their respective slots.. except for the rusty spoon. I get a message that says it needs polishing. But I no longer have the polishing rag! So I'm stuck. Is there anything I can do short of starting from the beginning? Great game otherwise.

Edited on 03/11/2012 at 2:25:48 PM PST

[Post New]by stagefaces on Mar 18, 12 8:57 PM
I've been stuck at the laxative for the dog food. I did the fix & still have the same problem that it says I can't use that there or These items can't be used together. I love this game but am now pretty frustrated at not being able to finish. I've retraced every step & have done it all but stuck here I am still. Any other suggestions or fixes?

[Post New]by stagefaces on Mar 24, 12 9:09 PM
Maybe this will help someone else. I was stuck forever at the dogfood/laxative step. I uninstalled & installed the update even. After trying & trying & still feeling stuck, I think I figured it out. After putting the dog food in the dish, you have to apply the laxative immediately - don't pause for even a second & only click once. At least it finally worked for me. Whew.

angel2shine
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by angel2shine on Apr 1, 12 4:50 PM
The game won't play at all on my windows 7 wide screen laptop, the screen is wide but narrow from top to bottom.

unfortunitely I did not try before buying.

Neithor my regular cursor nor the games special cursor works, and the wide screen game option cuts off the bottom, I can click on the feathers with eithor cursor, and they won't go into inventory

I downloaded the game from my purchase history page about half an hour ago, and can not do the first page.

Please help!

angel2shine
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by angel2shine on Apr 1, 12 5:29 PM
OK I will reply to my own post, I adjusted my own screen resolution to 1280 x 768, and It worked just fine, I noticed that the cursor was my regular one, Just to experiment, may go to options and try the fancy cursor with this resolution. but.. right now, just want to play,

[Post New]by JDACES on Apr 14, 12 7:18 PM
I am having the same issue with the silverware. I polished it then went to another couple of rooms then found the code to open the case and could only put away one spoon. I will be asking for money back on Monday. I have 2 other games that have stopped working and seem to be glitchy. I am not at all ratified right now with BigFish. I love the games but I will find games elsewhere if I keep getting garbage quality.

noilif wrote:Help! There seems to be a glitch in the silverware polishing sequence. I thought I polished all the silverware but the rusty spoon stayed the same.

Whistle in Chapter 5

[Post New]by Toonie_atz on Jul 28, 12 2:46 AM
I have powered up the xray machine, but cannot call Scruffy back! The whistle is not on his rug and not on the cot in the surgery. Help! What do I need to do to get the whistle?

Go to: