FrauMeike
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

Some buildings produce, others don't

[Post New]by FrauMeike on Feb 28, 12 2:51 PM
Hey fishies,

I don't know whether the above-mentioned is a feature or a bug, but 've got quite a few buildings which don't produce any products, while others produce and produce like there's no tomorrow.

All my buildings are upgraded to level three and I own several buildings of every kind (i.e. severals barns, several cheese factories, several fields). My maximum production is 355.

But while my wood, planks, milk, and stone blocks are at 355, my cheese and cabbage are at 0, no matter how many of them I build and no matter how many barns I build to extend the production limit. Of course, it increases the limit, but the cheese factory still isn't working.
When I use the "hand of God" to collect cheese and cabbage directly from the building/field, the number "tries to" count up, but ends up with zero.
Sometimes, the hand of God somehow manages to get me about 10-20 of the product, i.e. cheese, but when the next round begins, the other products go up and the cheese goes down to 0 again.

Destroying and re-building the factory, as suggested by some users, didn't solve the problem. To make it even more puzzling, the factories produced in the beginning of the game, but stopped during progress.

Ich haven't figured out yet if that's some kind of logical behaviour, if it's a glitch or whatever. I've seen some other people who reported that some of their buildings don't produce, but no one seemed to be able to explain this phenomenon.

Can you?

Cheers,
Meike

Re:Some buildings produce, others don't

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Feb 28, 12 3:12 PM
I wish I could help. It may be a glitch or a bug. Try tech support if so. Have you deleted and reinstalled the game itself or started another profile? My only other suggestion, for what it's worth is that you may have too many cheese factories. Both times I played I only had one and only one dairy farm. I had a ton of barns and taverns. How many dairy farms do you have in proportion to your cheese factories? If you have more cheese factories that might be a problem. Good Luck.

glowfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by glowfish on Feb 28, 12 9:31 PM
Same problems here, with lots of production buildings. Fish, cabbage, lumber mill, wood, etc. Rebuilding doesn't help, and # of buildings doesn't determine it (I've had it happen with one building of the type, or many).

Going to send in a bug report. Argh.

glowfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by glowfish on Feb 28, 12 9:31 PM
Same problems here, with lots of production buildings. Fish, cabbage, lumber mill, wood, etc. Rebuilding doesn't help, and # of buildings doesn't determine it (I've had it happen with one building of the type, or many).

Going to send in a bug report. Argh.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 29, 12 1:21 AM
I've had this happen for the cabbage and cheese, but upgrading did the trick for me. That being said, the production halted again when I expanded my lands again with more inhabitants.

Perhaps the production is not sufficient for the amount of inhabitants?

I must admit I'm not privy to the secrets of the production logics in this game either.

bfgRhone

[Post New]by silvermoonwolf on Feb 29, 12 10:42 AM
Having the same prob, my cheese and cabbage production have stopped despite have a + sign in green below them, the minute I get them they sell as excess!
Cant get any futher with my trading without the cheese or cabbages

And I LOVE this game, kept my attention for hours until now!

FrauMeike
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by FrauMeike on Feb 29, 12 12:54 PM
Back again.

In the meantime, I found out that you can get the non-producing factories/field back to work by selling other products.

As I said above, I had a production limit of 355. And some of the materials and products had reached that maximum, that means wood, planks, rocks, and stone blocks were at 355 while cheese factory was at zero.
So here's what I did:
First, I sold all wood, planks, rocks, and stone blocks (I had so many lumberjacks, sawmills, stone pits, and stone masons that I was sure to get enough new materials with the next "cycle").
Then I used the hand of God on the non-working fields and factories until I had about 100 of each (maybe you have to let the mana recharge to harvest all materials).

And basically, that's it.
With the next cycle, the other factories (wood, planks, rocks, and stone blocks) worked as usual.

Maybe you have to take care that all materials are produced equally, so that the small green numbers are more or less the same for all goods?
Just an idea.
Anyway, it worked for me. Now I have everything producing.

The latest funny thing about the game is that I can't earn more than 20,000 gold. I remember a time where I could earn more (I was at about 23,000), but now the counter stops at 20,000 no matter how many goods I sell.
Hints, anybody?

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Feb 29, 12 1:01 PM
I've seen comments that you have to earn all achievements to be able to accumulate more than 20,000 gold. Also that you can use the Hand of God to obtain more gold above the limit (though when I do that with resources, it stops at the limit and any extra is sold)

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 2, 12 5:23 AM
I've completed all achievements and increased my civilization to 2,000 points, but the gold cap has remained at 20,000 gold for me.

Also, using the Hand of God on the gold mine after hitting the cap does not increase the 20,000 number for me.

Just confirming a few things for other fishies playing this game.

bfgRhone

[Post New]by Frogglin on Mar 4, 12 2:59 AM
This is really frustrating, and if it's part of the game design then bah.

I currently have NO buildings producing anything. No fish, no cabbage, no milk, no wood (let alone the secondary items like cheese and boards).

Upgrading a building makes it produce until the end of the game day, then it stops again. Using hand of god to get resources is slow. Demolishing and rebuilding doesn't work.

I could understand (for example) the cheese factory not producing cheese if there was no milk, but I don't understand why the dairy farm isn't producing when there's plenty of food.

I really want to hear this is a bug of some kind and a fix is coming because it's a great game until this starts to happen.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Mar 4, 12 6:48 AM
Hi Frogglin,

Sorry to hear your having problems. Have you tried building barns and up grading them? Each level of the barn increase the number you can store all resources ( except, maybe science points) by 20, 35, and 50. The food resources consume the same amount of food as the level upgrade-example: a level 3 cabbage field consumes 3 units of food resources but it produced 18. I never had the experience your describing so I don't know if my suggestion will work. Try adding barns and taverns, neither consumes resources other than what it costs to build them initially. You can also try starting another profile-you don't have to delete your first to do so- and see if you have the same issue. It's not a bug if every once in a while, for one production cycle or two, for a building to stop producing. But if you continue to have problems and you have, bunch of barns and taverns that may be an issue.

[Post New]by Conbaby on Mar 11, 12 3:05 PM
I'm having this problem with my stone production. I've increased the amount of rocks that I'm producing, but my stone mason hasn't made one stone since I built it. weird

loriaudio
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by loriaudio on Mar 12, 12 3:38 PM
i thought if you put the hand of god over the stone -pit you get more stone nothing ive been at 135 stone forever when i need 150 to build the university the amount doesnt increase with each cycle either how can i produce more stone the same thing with timber and wood when i chop a tree my timber AMOUNT DECREASES

[Post New]by chiyuki on Mar 29, 12 7:48 PM
It must be a bug, but for me, destroying the building and rebuilding it caused it to start functioning again.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

Some buildings produce, others don't

[Post New]by patnsky on Apr 3, 12 11:32 PM
FrauMeike wrote:Hey fishies,

I don't know whether the above-mentioned is a feature or a bug, but 've got quite a few buildings which don't produce any products, while others produce and produce like there's no tomorrow.

All my buildings are upgraded to level three and I own several buildings of every kind (i.e. severals barns, several cheese factories, several fields). My maximum production is 355.

But while my wood, planks, milk, and stone blocks are at 355, my cheese and cabbage are at 0, no matter how many of them I build and no matter how many barns I build to extend the production limit. Of course, it increases the limit, but the cheese factory still isn't working.
When I use the "hand of God" to collect cheese and cabbage directly from the building/field, the number "tries to" count up, but ends up with zero.
Sometimes, the hand of God somehow manages to get me about 10-20 of the product, i.e. cheese, but when the next round begins, the other products go up and the cheese goes down to 0 again.

Destroying and re-building the factory, as suggested by some users, didn't solve the problem. To make it even more puzzling, the factories produced in the beginning of the game, but stopped during progress.

Ich haven't figured out yet if that's some kind of logical behaviour, if it's a glitch or whatever. I've seen some other people who reported that some of their buildings don't produce, but no one seemed to be able to explain this phenomenon.

Can you?

Cheers,
Meike

Have you tried using the Hand of God on those buildings??

Pat

tee2072
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by tee2072 on Apr 13, 12 5:44 AM
You need plenty of barns and taverns to have your production buildings produce up to capacity. You also have to have plenty of food. In the beginning I alternated using my Manna on gold and fish from the river/ocean.

What I can't figure out is the 20,000 gold you all are talking about. I don't see an achievement like that!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Some buildings produce, others don't

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 16, 12 2:04 PM
As noted in other threads, 20K is the hard limit on storing gold. That can't be changed, altho you can sort of borrow past it when (and only when) your mana is fully charged in order to complete a trading contract.

And your gold has nothing to do w/ trophies in any way.

Oh, and on the original subject of this thread:

There seems to be a bug in the game program so that buildings cease producing (or perhaps never produce). This can usually be solved by destroying and rebuilding (a baby step toward one of the Achievements) or by upgrading.

Edited on 04/16/2012 at 2:05:35 PM PST

TiffanyRenoir
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by TiffanyRenoir on Apr 16, 12 7:46 PM
I have the same problem but I'm wondering if it's a bug or just a tricky puzzle that's been thrown into the game. One thing I've noticed is that this type of things starts happening as I get close to meeting one of the "no strikes" goals. Food production starts going down and next thing I know, somebody's on strike. Anybody else notice this?

[Post New]by MonkeyBoson on Apr 21, 12 2:49 PM
I have the same production problem, so I've posted a picture. Maybe somebody can examine my screenshot and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

http://i.imgur.com/TueDc.jpg

Please note the following:
* I took the screen shot right at the end of the day, so you can see which buildings are producing and which are not.
* Some buildings are "half producing" (dairy farm, bottom right).
* You can tell that a building is not producing because there are no people in them (schools in the middle, wheat farm in middle-left).
* I have a barn, and no resource is maxed out.
* I have plenty of taverns, so population size is not maxed out.

Thanks for your help,
Corey

Go to: