Sidney420
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

re: building the temple

[Post New]by Sidney420 on Feb 28, 12 5:09 PM
I built a marvelous temple, (it's the only temple I see to build; it says to invent and build a temple) but the god does not seem to accept this one. I put it across the bridge on the other island. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Re:re: building the temple

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Feb 28, 12 5:21 PM
Has Venus asked you to build it? Have you built the Hanging gardens yet? I don't know if either would affect it. Also make sure that where your trying to place it is clear of debris. Where are you in the game?

heidid
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by heidid on Mar 1, 12 9:26 PM
Unless you're in the last stage of the game, which involves building the "wonders" buildings to get votes from various gods, you likely did build the wrong one. I believe, when it says "Invent and build a temple" it's referring to one that is only possible to build on the lava up by the volcano. I can't remember which technology you have to research first, but to find the building look under the "production buildings" tab, and it's on page 4 between the university and the mill.

Good luck!

[Post New]by caroltmnc on Mar 3, 12 9:46 AM
I can't seem to build the temp;e in the volcano spot - it just shows all red and no green anywhere. I have studied everything and have the resources for it. Can anyone help?

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on Mar 3, 12 10:02 AM
caroltmnc wrote:I can't seem to build the temp;e in the volcano spot - it just shows all red and no green anywhere. I have studied everything and have the resources for it. Can anyone help?

you have to use the swamp draining boards to drain the lava. Then it'll give to a place for your temple.

[Post New]by caroltmnc on Mar 3, 12 3:10 PM
Thank you.

angel2shine
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by angel2shine on Mar 3, 12 4:23 PM
CarolTMNC I too have failed to install the temple, I have the draining boards all over, and had 4 shrines, which I destroyed to be replaced by the temple, which wouldn't turn green no matter wher I placed it.
I have a laptop wide screen windows 7, tried unchecking the wide screen, to no avail. ???? I suspect that I can get no furthur in the game, as Jupiter is mad at me for not filling his request.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Mar 3, 12 11:41 PM
angel2shine, is it the BOARDS you have placed all over (the same as the road you build across the volcano area to the magistrate's hall)? If so, that is the wrong material - you cannot put buildings on the roads. You need to use the swamp draining tool (the one ABOVE the road icon - to me, it looks like clumps of dirt with some grass growing out of it) - THEN you should be able to build on it.

angel2shine
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by angel2shine on Mar 4, 12 8:04 AM
All those having trouble placing the temple, even on the draining boards, I had thge same problem, plus the game froze, went to Tech issues, 'Aero Settings'; Personalize, select Basic & high Contrast themes, (there went my beautiful background wallpaper) but the game unfroze immediately, and did not have any problems getting a green go with the temple, In fact the game is running very smoothly, and I love it. (Back to Pharo's Land) lol

Appearently some desktop backgrounds disturb the game.

Go to: