[Post New]by Alpaca210 on Feb 29, 12 12:08 AM
Great game, i already have it I havnt finished it though lol

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

Re:Todays DD February 29 2012

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Feb 29, 12 12:32 AM
I am a big fan of puzzle games. Never heard of this one before, so I am glad it is the DD and am excited to try it!

ETA: Tried the demo and bought the game. It is really fun so far and the hour trial flew by. It is like a combo of Hexalot (another really fun puzzle game on BFG that I recommend, like this game, Hexalot also involves using/making colored shapes in a hexagon to solve a puzzle) and Match 3. You match more than 3 in Hexus, but it is the same idea of making connecting lines with colors. I actually get bored pretty quickly with most Match 3 games, but did not find this to be the case with Hexus, since it seems more complicated than most Match 3's and with more puzzle variations. So even if you don't like Match 3, you still might want to give it a try. There is also part of the game which involves collecting coins and building real estate and roads with the money you earned. I like this part as well since it gives you goals to work towards. I only played the demo so I do not know how long the game is, but so far it is a lot of fun and seems like a pretty good deal for $2.99. I'm off to play it again now.

Edited on 02/29/2012 at 2:42:46 AM PST

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Feb 29, 12 6:03 AM
This is an excellent game and well worth the DD price. I have replayed it multiple times since it's initial release here at BFG.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Feb 29, 12 6:07 AM
Played 36 minutes and am about to violate my "don't buy a game at the end of the month and lose the punch" rule. What a fascinating game! There are so many facets to it; make the shapes (which quickly becomes challenging enough to really make you consider your moves - but without a timer, that's just fine), build the town, create the roads, choose your facial features, hairstyle, clothing, and jewelry (as you collect enough coins to buy them), and at least one min-game - explode the groups. For 2.99 I can't imagine there are too many games on the site that would be a better value.

I have never enjoyed builder games, because so many of them are timed, and I don't like the stress. But as far as I can see, there is absolutely no time element to this game. Perfect!! And it's about ancient Egypt - one of my all-time favorite subjects. It does seem to be rather complex, and I would recommend allowing the tutorial to walk you through the various tasks.

The game is also absolutely beautiful, with crystal clear graphics and great attention to detail. I will definitely be taking some screenshots to use in Jigsaws Galore.

The only minor flaw is the English - the game could have benefited from better translation, but that said, the intended message is always clear, if not always idiomatically perfect. Whatever the native language of the developer is, I'm quite sure that their English is far better than my grasp of their language. And they did not shy away from the challenge of working in a foreign language - each character has a fair bit to tell you when they are introduced, and the dialogue is colorful and fun.

At the very least give this game a try - I can't wait to play more!

ETA: WHen you earn trophies you have the chance to learn more about them - the information is written in perfect English - why didn't the devs use the same translator? Puzzling, but far from a deal breaker. I love this game!

Edited on 02/29/2012 at 7:00:02 AM PST

[Post New]by thegoodfrog on Feb 29, 12 12:27 PM
Yeppers, I down loaded the freebie to see if I would like this, especially since it's ancient Egypt one of my ultimate favorites in history. I have 17 minutes of freebie left, but I think I will buy it any how at $2.99. I love the building games this one is a bit different. I have a question though cause I am confused, I think I'm only on level 5, the tutorial shows a quest, it disappeared. Where do I click to find what the first quest is? I didnt get a chance to click on it when it first appeared.

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Feb 29, 12 2:17 PM
Oh my, this game is definitely worth $2.99. Bought it, even though I wish it had been offered tomorrow in a new month. I probably never looked at as it is classed a a match 3, but it is so much more. It is a builder with no time pressure. The hexagon puzzles challenge the grey matter. You get to upgrade your characters clothing jewelry, appearance. There is so much to enjoy. Give it a try!

Willamaya
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Willamaya on Feb 29, 12 5:24 PM
Absolutely love this game & have played to the end numerous times...more than a bargain @ this price...grab it before it leaves !!

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Feb 29, 12 9:28 PM
Love love love ancient Egypt! This is a nice change of Match 3 styles. I haven't played the whole game yet, but love the little horses and camels. I really like playing dress up too. Bought very little this month because they were offering Time Management or games I already had, then BING! Two today! One punch left over at the end of the month. But sooo thrilled to have them!

Go to: