Reviews for Spooky Mall

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Spooky Mall

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 29, 12 12:18 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Spooky Mall? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Spooky Mall page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Spooky Mall

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 29, 12 12:18 AM
Hi fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Feb 29, 12 12:37 AM
YEA A TIME MGMT GAME. WE NEED MORE OF THESE BF. PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING!!!

This game was developed by the Farm Frenzy folks. It is quite similar to Super Market Mania, has 100 levels total - 20 in a grocery, 20 in a fish market, 20 in a bakery, 20 in a butcher shop and 20 in a delicatessen. I actually like this one better than Super Market Mania though. I didn't like the constant clicking on kids and the security guy.

The graphics are fantastic but some folks may not like the black bars. I have my computer set to automatically stretch and most games do.

Also of note, a couple of the lines were in some foreign language. On level 8 it would NOT let me click the clown no matter where I clicked him.

All in all definitely worth a try and for me a purchase.

Edited on 02/29/2012 at 11:25:50 AM PST

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Feb 29, 12 12:51 AM
I'm so glad to see this game finally get here and I have already bought it didn't make it through the whole demo I had to stop and buy. It's very similar to Supermarket Mania only with ghost this time. You have to stock your shelves, help the customers, stop shoplifter's who would have ever thought ghost would be thieves. You have to keep your eyes on watch for the shoplifters, clowns and keep a close eye on this dude, and other zany characters. The graphics are awesome the upgrades are awesome and this is just a very solid and great time management game and if you don't get the score you want you can replay the day. Thank you developers and Big Fish for a great game.

Edited on 02/29/2012 at 1:24:33 AM PST

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Feb 29, 12 2:06 AM
A sweet, quirky, fun and polished TM game that is unfortunately not my cup of tea.

It's very well made with smooth game-play and good progression. It's basically a mad-click type game. While the mechanics don't offer anything innovative, the theme, graphics and ease-of-play make this a must-have for fans of the genre.

I personally prefer games where I get to tweak the prices, hire employees, fiddle with inventory stock so it's not a purchase for me.

I recommend this for anyone who enjoys spa/salon type games. If you are a fan, you will really enjoy this game.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Feb 29, 12 2:52 AM
I trialled this on another site and really enjoyed it .Love food games and this looks super long and rather challenging so will be a definate buy not till tomorrow though to start a new PC been struggling to fill one this month x

mitzi460
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by mitzi460 on Feb 29, 12 4:03 AM

Edited on 02/29/2012 at 4:37:03 PM PST

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Feb 29, 12 4:58 AM
As I really like a good TM it is always a joy to see one of the rare few

But this is so old school it really cant keep my interest for more than 10 minutes. There were sooo many of these kind of games some years ago and they are just not funny anymore.

No - lets have some more Royal Envoy and Roads to Rome

Still wish everyone happy gaming though

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Feb 29, 12 6:08 AM
First, thank you BFG for offering another TM game after they were offered even more rarely than usual.

As another reviewer mentioned before, this is basically Supermarket Mania but with ghosts. As the ghosts behave just like regular customers, it is not really a new twist and doesn't add anything to the game play. Unfortunately, there are not many other new innovations either, so that for me it felt like I was playing Supermarket Mania just with somewhat different graphics. There are some special guests, who, if happy upon leaving, provide gifts like automatically filling all shelves, leaving money or making everyone happy (the clown, by the way, looks rather scary). There are also some customers who want to know more about goods, so one has to go to them and give them the information.

But that's about it (as far as I could judge after playing about 45 minutes of the demo). It's a very obvious copy of Supermarket Mania, even with extremely similar graphics. It reminds me of when they put Farm Frenzy out in countless versions that differed in nothing but the graphics and I'm not enticed to pay for a game that is more or less the same as a game I already own. I realize it's hard to come up with something new constantly when so many games are out, but such an obvious lack of imagination is rather unpleasant.

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on Feb 29, 12 6:33 AM
I quite enjoyed Supermarket Mania (but then I've learnt to love Farm Frenzy - with the exception of the last two) so I was pleased to see this out today as I've been hankering for something new.

What I liked -
1) the new and improved graphics.
2) the upgrades - having a limited choice.
3) Not having to clean and stock the shelves to get the bonus points (as per no. 1).
4) The hero & villain characters.

It's not a radical departure from the first two releases but there's enough change to keep me happy.

What I don't like:

The glitch I encountered at Level 20, the butchers.

Aside from that, a good enough TM

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Feb 29, 12 7:36 AM
Okay, was all set to not "like" the idea of going to the dark side (spooky part), but played anyway. Excellent graphics and I like the changes, fast clerk and refill of cart is fast. Was going great, got gold through level 7, then level 8 hit. I could not get the table to accept the drink made with milk and pineapple. Made sure (I think) that they were the right ingrediants (they sparkled when I went to table at the first) but it just wouldn't lay the drink down.

Anyway will probably be a buy for me, as I have waaaaaaaaaaaaited a loooooooong time for a TM game.

Really, BFG, are the tm's that sparse?

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 29, 12 8:50 AM
This is a good tm game, similar to the Supermarket Mania series. But this time its with ghost. For me its a buy - if we have the next sale

Slowpokie
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Slowpokie on Feb 29, 12 9:15 AM
I love TM and all things Spooky. This is a good game. There is a nice variety of characters and food to work with. There is also a lot of upgrades to choose from. This is going to be a buy for me after they fix some of the problems in the game. I will keep checking back for a update. Hopefully it comes out quick. I really want this one.

[Post New]by hollylulu on Feb 29, 12 9:34 AM

Edited on 02/29/2012 at 4:37:53 PM PST

[Post New]by hollylulu on Feb 29, 12 9:35 AM

Edited on 02/29/2012 at 4:38:03 PM PST

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Feb 29, 12 10:43 AM

Edited on 02/29/2012 at 4:38:41 PM PST

bear55
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by bear55 on Feb 29, 12 12:06 PM
I am enjoying playing this game. But why spooky mall. It could of been call Mall and I would have still bought it. Don't like the dark side. Beside the undead do not eat. Keep the TM games coming BF. Love this one.

ojennifer
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by ojennifer on Feb 29, 12 2:26 PM
I played this at the developers website a few weeks back. Have been waiting for BF to get it. Downloading it right now.

It's the same premise as Supermarket Mania. You have a shopping cart, you go around and fill shelves up, make coffee, clean the floors, etc. Only with a Halloween theme of monsters as customers.

In the hour I played, I got to the second store. If you make certain characters happy, they do things for you. Superman will refill all the shelves. Dracula will clean the entire store for you.

I really liked this game, and am so excited to play it. WEEEEEE!!!!!

Bailey868
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bailey868 on Feb 29, 12 3:29 PM
Can't tell you how happy I am that there is a TM game worth buying!! Yes, the game is similar to Supermarket Mania, but with better graphics and twists. Played the hour demo and then purchased it immediately. Thanks, Big Fish!

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Feb 29, 12 8:42 PM
Another great little TM game, which I enjoy. Like others have said, this one is similar to the previous shopping ones, but with a twist... a ghost twist. Many levels, and the graphics are cute. Game runs smoothly for me on my PC. My favs to play... adventure, HOGS, puzzles, and TM's. Currently, and for awhile now, I have been all HOG'd out, so a TM is welcomed, and this is a cute one.

Go to: