SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

Glitch? Game Automatically selling what I need.

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Feb 29, 12 3:11 PM
When you build the trader caravan building, it automatically starts selling surplus products. Unfortunately, it is selling things I need for quests! It sells all my cabbages and cheeses down to 0 - both of which are needed for ship and caravan trade quests right now.

I tried demolishing the trade buildings and nothing happened. It still automatically sold off all my cheeses and cabbages. So I tried building more cheese makers and have about 5 cabbage fields going and I still can't get any to stick around.

Re:Glitch? Game Automatically selling what I need.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Feb 29, 12 9:57 PM
It's not the trading post. It should have happened before that when Mercury asked you build a wooden road to the stairs on the volcano. Once that happens the game will occasionally sell off extra resources. With both the trading post and the port you have to click on the ? icon that pops up over those two buildings. If you don't click nothing gets sold. My suggestion would be to build and upgrade more barns so that you increase the # of resources you have available.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Feb 29, 12 11:32 PM
Your cabbages and cheese are probably being consumed by all the other buildings. Almost every building requires food each day, and if you don't have enough buildings producing them, you'll only (or not even) cover enough for your community's needs, and not be able to accumulate them.

The only "automatic" selling that happens is what you accumulate at the end of each day that is in excess of what your storage can hold.

So yes, build more barns and upgrade them, but you might also need to build more cabbage fields and cheese plants and upgrade them too.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Mar 1, 12 12:54 AM
UPDATE Rewritten after experimenting to confirm what I posted as theory last night. I am now sure of this:

The only foods that count for 'fueling' all the processes are fish, cabbages, cheese and, later on, white text possible spoiler - highlight to read between the **s: *bread*.

So you could be genuinely producing cheese & cabbages but if your total production across those 3 (or 4 if you have the *bakery* already) food types is less than is being used to 'fuel' the buildings then none would make it to storage because it would be used up straight away.

If you have lots of food showing under your individual resources but a lot of it is milk, or *wheat or flour *, then you may not be producing enough of what you need to keep everything going.

How to tell if that is what is happening in your case:
Click on the statistics tab and look at the number under the icon (on the lhs) which shows a picture combining all 4 of the food types which I just listed as counting for 'fuel' to the buildings.

That's how much 'fuel' food you have in stock.

If the 2nd number below it is a green +ve number then you are producing a little surplus and should see something going into storage for at least one of those food types (I don't know how it decides which to use first).

But, if is a red -ve number then you are producing that much less per cycle than you would need to break even after 'fuelling' any buildings which show that icon as input.

You can also get localised (as in only certain buildings) strikes or non-production if there is enough 'general' food but not enough of something else which a building needs. F.e. - I got striking at only the cheese factories when I had enough 'fuel' food but didn't have enough milk.

Poss. solution:
Because the cheese factories need general 'fuel' food as well as milk, building more of them will not help if your problem turns out to be a shortage of what I am calling 'fuel' foods (and/or milk).

& if you already have 2 x level 3 fishing cabins then you can't do more about fish production (except short term fix to use your Hand of God to grab some out of the river).

But, if you have room and enough building resources, one potential solution would be to build, and fully upgrade, some more cabbage fields as quickly as possible.

I hope this helps .

Edited on 03/01/2012 at 11:30:17 AM PST

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Mar 1, 12 6:37 PM
Brilliant! I never even thought of looking at that statistics tab! Thanks for all the time you spent discovering this and writing up your findings.

Go to: