bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Mystery Trackers: Black Isle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 1, 12 12:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bgarcia
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Black Isle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bgarcia on Mar 1, 12 3:00 AM

Can anyone tell me why the trial version was expired as soon as it was loaded.??
In other words, no trial. Said it was expired. It has happened a couple of times before, and since I am not going to but a "pig in a poke"(betcha haven't heard that one in awhile) I didn't buy them. I will buy this one, because I am familiar with the series.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Black Isle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Mar 1, 12 6:33 AM
I got a IE 9 warning that this large file game could damange my pc. I have downloaded others bigger than this with no problem. Avast did not respond with similar warnings.

A problem here or what?

OKC gem

dmhetman
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by dmhetman on Mar 1, 12 7:15 AM
Extremely slow & jumpy cursor...even disabled custom cursor..still very slow & sluggish..got quite annoying...too bad so far i liked the game...no buy for me...

Annie1115
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Annie1115 on Mar 1, 12 7:24 AM
Working well for me and really enjoying it but I think I just hit a snag. I picked up my coin on the after crossing the bridge and it's disappeared from my inventory. I went to use it in the phonebooth and no coin...I went back to be sure I clicked on it and yup...no coin. Looks like a glitch and I can't proceed without the coin. Otherwise, really enjoying it.

nebulla_69
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by nebulla_69 on Mar 1, 12 9:19 AM
Very lazy jerky cursor cursor, frustrating long time to point in the direction I wish it go.
Checked to make sure that all software was updated....did not help. Too bad, interesting game otherwise.

pisces7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pisces7 on Mar 1, 12 10:25 AM
I am having trouble with the crate after I come out of the Curiosity Shop.
It's NOT THERE!!! I cannot get the detective bear and the battery.
Help, cuz I really am enjoying the game until now.

kristidumplin
Manatee
Manatee
3,656 Posts

[Post New]by kristidumplin on Mar 1, 12 10:34 AM
The game downloaded well, but when downhill from there. The cursor is very "floaty", for lack of a better word. I had to handle it very carefully, as it tended to float over the place I wanted it to go. About 10 minutes into the demo, the game developed a serious lag. I am not talking about a second or two after clicking on something - the lag lasted as long as 40 seconds, and all I wanted to do was use an item from inventory. I clicked on the inventory item, waited almost 20 seconds for the item to appear, clicked on the place to use the item and waited 40 seconds for the item to function, then another 17 seconds to pick up the item that I was supposed to get.

It's a shame - the other two Mystery Tracker games I have work flawlessly and I was so pleased to see this one today, but I won't be buying it with these glitches.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 1, 12 10:48 AM
The demo downloaded fine. The full game, after buying, came along with a warning from Norton...it didn't like this game, but I have had this happen with a few other new games, so I went ahead and installed. Keeping my fingers crossed.

nikoko
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by nikoko on Mar 1, 12 10:56 AM
Fast download but when I tried to open it I first got an error "Failed creating 3D device" then "access vioation". Oh dear. I haven't been able to play a game in quite a while.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 1, 12 11:00 AM
bgarcia wrote:
Can anyone tell me why the trial version was expired as soon as it was loaded.??
In other words, no trial. Said it was expired. It has happened a couple of times before, and since I am not going to but a "pig in a poke"(betcha haven't heard that one in awhile) I didn't buy them. I will buy this one, because I am familiar with the series.

Hi bgarcia...

You want to uninstall the game and then reinstall it. That should do the trick.

--- --- ---

Just wanted to say that the custom cursor gave me no problems in the trial version, nor did I have any lagging with anything else. The game ran smooth and without problems.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 1, 12 12:53 PM
Hi fishies,

I see that a few of you are having troubles with the cursor in this game.

If you haven't already, you may want to try disabling the custom cursor from the 'Options' menu. If that doesn't work, please give the steps in the following help article a try to make sure that your graphics software is all up-to-date:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you continue to experience troubles with your cursor after giving these steps a try, please get in touch with our Tech Support team for further assistance.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 03/01/2012 at 12:54:19 PM PST

[Post New]by Notenoughfish on Mar 1, 12 1:49 PM
Annie1115 wrote:Working well for me and really enjoying it but I think I just hit a snag. I picked up my coin on the after crossing the bridge and it's disappeared from my inventory. I went to use it in the phonebooth and no coin...I went back to be sure I clicked on it and yup...no coin. Looks like a glitch and I can't proceed without the coin. Otherwise, really enjoying it.

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Mar 1, 12 1:57 PM
Slow jerky cursor action. Major lags. I'm deleting it and waiting for the update because this game looks interesting enough but right now it plays like a mess.

[Post New]by Agentnarwhal on Mar 1, 12 2:49 PM
I'm having a problem with trying to do screenshots from the game. I'm doing the basic Prt Sc button then going to my paint program to paste. The problem I'm running into is that instead of capturing the image from the game that I'm trying to get it's capturing whatever screen is behind the game (whether it be a program or my desktop). Obviously this isn't a huge problem for an average player but I'm doing a walkthrough for the game and need the images. Any ideas on what to do? And yes, I've tried to paste in different programs as well with the same results :[

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Mar 1, 12 3:08 PM
on the sail puzzle I kept getting an extra thread if I put others on the wrong line.

I counted before the puzzle started as it kept doing this (and there were no gaps I even checked the walkthrough and I was right) and there were 9 threads in the beginning (there are 9 lines) and then sometimes near the end I had an extra 10th thread appear (usually number 4).

I kept resetting it and I did eventually get it to work. But it happened at least a few times with me.

(I have had no problem with my curser, even using the custom one)

debbie1001
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by debbie1001 on Mar 1, 12 4:43 PM
I too am having trouble with the crate not being there when I leave the curosity shop. Has anyone been able to find out what to do about this problem??? Help. Rest of the game is going good but now I'm stuck. Darn..... Hope to find a solution to this soon.

debbie1001
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by debbie1001 on Mar 1, 12 4:55 PM
Found out the problem with the crate in the courtyard. You have to watch the full video in the cursioty shop both videos then go to the courtyard and watch a short video there and the crate will drop from the sky. Hope the helps.

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Mar 1, 12 5:19 PM
debbie1001 wrote:I too am having trouble with the crate not being there when I leave the curosity shop. Has anyone been able to find out what to do about this problem??? Help. Rest of the game is going good but now I'm stuck. Darn..... Hope to find a solution to this soon.

Sadly...I have no crate either. I have gone thru the stradegy guide step by step to make sure I havent missed anything...I cant find that I have...although the task menu from the map is instructing me to fix the video phone and call my boss..but I have no idea where the video phone is?? Probly in the crate!! I swear..I am so tired of getting into a game and not being able to continue. This was my plan for the evening, noone else home - house to myself - FINALLY it seemed I'd have a good CE to play...but alas! Not to be. How disappointing> and I'm sure it will be weks before the prblem is fixed...gggrrr

debbie1001
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by debbie1001 on Mar 1, 12 5:26 PM
Got one problem fixed and now another. I too clicked on the coin and it did not go in my inventory. Did anyone else have this problem and find a fix. I am really getting tired of these games having glitches in the middle. If you know how to get the coin back please let me know.

Go to: