bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Luxor Evolved

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 1, 12 12:20 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Luxor Evolved? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Luxor Evolved page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Luxor Evolved

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 1, 12 12:21 AM
Hi fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

maricika
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by maricika on Mar 1, 12 3:42 AM
It is awesome, was too worried about falling in love and gave up-v hard to do-just after 10 min. as I can't spare the time for it right now, but it is on my list which I try to keep v short otherwise there would be no end to it.

It is not a game to play while listening to audio bks., my latest compromise, so it might've been why I chose to stop playing for any longer.

Level 1 is not bad but am sure 3~4 might be a challenge. Just making my way through Star Defender lll ; took a while to get to the end.

The music is great-techno-if it is still called that, that is, and the effects are super. Really eighties and that said, it does date me!

It has several difficulty levels -casual for me-and sound adjustment but the graphics do take one back; have a look and see for yourself.

I didn't understand why I had to catch fruits though, but I only read instructions if I have to-get thrashed or totally mystified, ashamed to admit. Do the same with most things actually.

The flashed might be a problem for some, so pls. take note.

For shooters it is a great game, great stress relief or a trip down memory lane I'd say. Or curious about what the prev. generation was into, no idea about the music scene today.

Not hard to see/distinguish colours, shapes or path but occasionally mystified about what the power ups were for; but DID NOT read carefully the instructions either.
Not really necessary if the genre is not new to one.

Hope you'll give it a try, even if my review is not to your liking, a great game.
On the other hand...I have a coupon... Enjoy

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 1, 12 8:29 AM
I think if you like that genre, you might enjoyed this one, but I didn`t. I have tried 30 minutes from this game, but didn`t liked it really much. For me its a no buy

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Mar 1, 12 8:50 AM
Loving it! Bought it (cupon...) it's soooo sparkly! It will certainly take some practice to get the hang of the new look (I have all other Luxor games from BFG) but I love that they keep things fresh! I think I'll start ice packing my mousing wrist now - I have a feeling this game may take up the rest of my day (will wait until dark to get into today's TGT...bought that too!! Such diversity today!)

Happy gaming!!!

dee1954
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by dee1954 on Mar 1, 12 2:08 PM
wow i am surely a luxor fan have all the others but this one is surely one of the best i have yet to see... so many things happening and the graphics are super duper.. if you love luxor this is a no brainer.. bought it after 10 mins of the hour.. keep them coming bigfish... so happy i bought a new tower 4 months ago and made sure it was gonna be the best for all bigfish games................. so happy to see something out besides hidden object.. there are just to dang many and so tired of them ev day.. always need a new and exciting game not the same ole same ole... keep them coming bigfish from a very big fan..... dee

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Mar 1, 12 3:10 PM
Totally updated, it's fast, flashy, loud, and fun. I'm not a fan of the overly long "Boss" levels, but will probably buy it. Great game when you just need to zone out for a while.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Mar 1, 12 7:10 PM
This is very different. Not my type of Match 3 but it does have it's good points. The graphics are fun as is the music.

I'm just not into games that makes me uptight This reminds me of how I felt as a teenager playing Asteroids Now days I prefer to relax a bit more.

There are several levels to this so I don't think you would get to bored. Give it a shot!

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Mar 1, 12 8:04 PM
I don't know why it is, but I'm better at this type of ball shooting game than any other type of game I play. Ironically it isn't the kind of game I enjoy all that much. However, if I were to buy one this would be it. The graphics and music remind me of some of those games from the 90's but much more intense. Instead of a three dimensional looking ball, this one is pure neon graphic. Very nice!!!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 1, 12 8:05 PM
When I first saw the screenshots and video I wondered if they'd left the "d" off of "evolved" but because marble poppers are my first casual game love I took the chance and demoed it. To my pleasant surprise, I'm enjoying it a great deal and bought the game after the demo ended.

It's harder than many of the previous Luxors because the chains come out shorter and faster. I also had a bit of a hard time figuring out what to do on the boss battles with the "targeted chain" and shooting "spinners" and it took a couple of levels before I really got the idea. Graphics give a nod to 80s arcade games in the backgrounds every so often. So far I've only made it to level 5 but I'm going to enjoy those reminders of how I got started in gaming.

Could've done without the flashy explosions; those reminded me of the old game disclaimers to epileptics. I also noticed a slight lag in play action when there was a lot of stuff exploding simultaneously, but that's probably just my simple graphics card. So far I haven't had any game freezes or crashes. Hopefully this installment won't turn out to be as buggy (not talking about the scarabs here) as the last Luxor was.

Love, love, love the techno soundtrack so much I'm going to write to the developer and see if they're selling it on CD. I'm a synthpop addict, after all!!!

Silbee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Silbee on Mar 2, 12 7:11 AM
I was a bit concerned about retinal burn for this exciting new edition to the Luxor Franchise. No worries though, my eyes quickly adapted and I was happy to buy when the hour was up. Nice work...

Edited on 03/02/2012 at 7:13:01 AM PST

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Mar 2, 12 7:18 AM
thank god for demo i love luxor games so would have got this but this one is like a throw back to the first space invaders if you dont remember the early cumputer games you might enjoy it. if you do and want to go back to teenage yearsits great if not graphics and game play may disapoint

Chiefcook
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by Chiefcook on Mar 2, 12 11:47 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed my demo of this!

lakelly
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by lakelly on Mar 2, 12 2:57 PM
Not for me - I've loved all of the previous Luxor games but this one just didn't do it for me (I almost bought it without demoing - glad I didn't). Didn't care for the dark background and Tron graphics. Maybe in 1992 but not today.

seahoney
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by seahoney on Mar 2, 12 6:26 PM
Ok so maybe I'm in the minority but I love this game! It is fast paced and quirky with the techno music and flashes and sort of confusing about what to grab yes but all in all a great amount of fun. It's just a game so I really don't get too upset over the catching thing anyway. What ever happens, happens! It isn't relaxing but rather stimulating and might not be the best game to play right before bed time but it is different in the old school sense. Got a big kick out of the Pac man scene and I always loved the other Luxor games but like everyone has said this is not just another Luxor so play the trial and see for yourself. For me it is a keeper as I really enjoyed the different type of play here.

Anya419
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Anya419 on Mar 2, 12 7:57 PM
Found the "oxymoron" title amusing. Definitely took me back to the days of Tempest, Astoroids, and Tron.

Gameplay was a bit confusing due to not reading the help/instructions. I liked the difficulty level. I didn't have the sound on, so I can't comment on the music. Loved the "throw-back" graphics, but, as with many early video games, it was hard to tell what power-ups are active and what exactly to shoot.

I am on the fence as to buying it.

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Mar 3, 12 8:04 AM
I guess I'm in the minority. I love all the Luxor games, but this one was a big disappointment for me.

I couldn't even get past the first screen. Just way too much screen flash and confusion. I was so looking forward to a new Luxor, but this isn't the one I was waiting for. All those fluorescent colors expoding all over the screen, couldn't see at all the focus of what I was trying to do.

For those of you who love it, enjoy. Me, I'll go back to playing another version. There certainly are enough of them.

[Post New]by d_brad on Mar 3, 12 12:42 PM
I love this version more than any others! I always thought that marble poppers were a lot like old arcade games like galaga & space invaders, so I think the retro graphics fit the gameply really well. If you have the sound turned down, you're missing half the fun. The music is great. I like that the chains are a little simpler but the gmae moves faster. Makes it more action-packed and fun!

chipps611
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by chipps611 on Mar 4, 12 4:15 PM
Loved this game, my only gripe is that it's too short. Got to level 3-5 in the 1 hour trial, bought it today with a coupon, and finished the entire thing in normal difficulty level in about 3 hours of total gameplay start to finish. The final boss shows at the end of level 8. Good job, though... I'll be doing replays and see how I fare at the harder difficulty levels.

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Mar 14, 12 10:05 AM
I've forever been on the 'look-out' for a Marble-Popper genre game that, if it didn't make sense, at least held my interest due to a solid storyline. Without breaking the rules by mentioning the other two I have already settled on, let me just say why Luxor was never one of my choices. There's always been something about the overall concept of the game, with it taking place in Egypt and your 'scarab w/wings' doing its thing, which I found completely 'out of place' and impossible to conceive of as the least bit entertaining. So, I continued to hope that someday a Marble-Popper would come out that had some 'life' to it. Finally, that day has arrived in the form of Luxor Evolved. Some may complain that it is more 'Retro' than it is 'Evolved', but I beg to differ. You could place any other Luxor series game up against this one, and it is painfully obvious how 'out-of-date' the Egyptian theme is, when compared to the Space-Age one of Luxor Evolved. It's been a long time, but it has defnitely been worth the wait!!

Edited on 03/15/2012 at 9:56:36 PM PST

Go to: