Kirkcollm
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Ruins - do you drag and drop?

[Post New]by Kirkcollm on Mar 1, 12 1:45 PM
Hi all,
I just realized I could drag and drop my construction workers to trees to cut them down (D'oh).

I have now tried to drag and drop both construction workers and people from the schools to the small face ruin that you don't need boards for. But they won't do any work.

How do I get them to work on the ruins or on the heaps?

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

Re:Ruins - do you drag and drop?

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Mar 1, 12 4:58 PM
Hi

Click on the ruin or heap and you'll get a popup showing how many workers you need, and what resources it will cost you to deal with it and providing a button to click on if you want to go ahead. (Button is a shovel picture for a heap and a treasure chest picture for a ruin).

I would have liked it to also tell us how much we will earn by clearing it (so I can make sure I have enough free storage space available for it) but it doesn't.

At least, when grabbing resources with the Hand of God we can hover over them first to see how much of the resource we will get as well as how much mana the action will use up.

On the dragging workers to trees, did you notice that, when you do that, you don't gain any wood. Using the Hand of God to remove trees you get to keep the wood but you lose mana.

I use both methods at different times depending on which I am most short of - wood, mana or space.

Kirkcollm
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Kirkcollm on Mar 1, 12 5:06 PM
Daisy,

Thanks so much! For both items!

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Mar 1, 12 5:34 PM
You're welcome

I'm about to start my 2nd play through to do some things differently this time.
Have fun!

ETA Btw it's not just construction workers that you can drag to trees. Quite a few will do it, but sometimes they seem to be on a mission to do something else and don't chop the tree down .

Edited on 03/01/2012 at 5:36:46 PM PST

Go to: