bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 2, 12 12:20 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 2, 12 12:20 AM
Hi fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 2, 12 1:17 AM
This review is based on the demo, which I played in Casual mode:

There are 5 chapters.

There is widescreen (stretched).

There is voice-over.

There are 3 cursor choices: Big and small custom cursor and the system cursor.

There are 3 gameplay modes. I am happy to say that even in Casual mode there were no sparkes except when a HOS (hidden object scene) is shown.

There is a Journal, which has a "Clues" section, and there is a section for audio tapes (15).

There is also a MAP in the journal, which doesn't appear right at the beginning of the game. The map shows your position, your objectives, and unexplored parts of the area, but it can't be used to jump.

The HOS have lists of white, yellow and green text. The yellow and green text items need to be either interacted with or combined with another item respectively.

The HINT button refills within 14 seconds.

The puzzles can be skipped. The SKIP button takes about 45 seconds to fill.

The graphics are OK, but a little on the rough side.

--- --- ---

I wasn't thrown off my chair with excitement when playing the demo, but liked it enough to buy the SE.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 2, 12 1:44 AM
I haven`t bought the CE before a few weeks, but I didn`t liked the graphics really much (very fuzzy) and the game doesn`t grab me enough to pay twice the price. But as the SE its a definete buy for me, because I want to know, how the story continues.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Mar 2, 12 1:45 AM
Valdy has just posted an excellent and comprehensive review so I will add only a couple of comments.

Although some are tiring of the spooky doings at the various locations, I like all of them particularly when they are done this well. The story once again grabbed me immediately and I really like the portion that involves a SPOILER: cable car END SPOILER.

I like the fact that the hint button can be used effectively outside the hidden object scenes for additional help, and it tells you if there is nothing to do without charging you the hint----a very nice bit of programming.

And this developer (Vast----if the mods don't remove the name) has now gone to the widescreen option (stretched, but that's a start) that gives the game so much more appeal. They, like so many, are catching on to the fact that this extra effort will result in additional appeal and sales. It is truly beginning to look like this is a positive trend we are seeing more of.

Overall, an excellent game that I am happy to highly recommend!

Everyone enjoy.

(You can see over 70 other reviews of this game in the CE thread)

ED--spelling

Edited on 03/02/2012 at 3:59:09 AM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 2, 12 4:07 AM
Hi fishies,

Just popping in with a link to all of our reviews for the Collector's Edition of this game. As cbtx mentioned, you'll find more helpful reviews over there:

Reviews for Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart Collector's Edition

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Mar 2, 12 5:11 AM
I played the Demo on the CE, I waited and waited for the SE to come out as the game while have all the components of the favorite games I played it was something about it that I could not put my finger on.

Well I needed three points to fill in my card before the month was over, so I bought the CE.

I have to said I am now hitting my head on the wall for no waiting.

But the game is no bad is actually a very nice game with a nice story, if you love mystery adventures like I do with plenty of HOscenes and puzzles.

Kelili
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by Kelili on Mar 3, 12 7:11 AM
I have the CE of this game and I love it!
The graphics, storyline, hidden object scenes, (interactive) and overall gameplay are fabulous.
I did not find the graphics blurry or "off" at all. They were fine for me.
I really like the interactive hidden object scenes as just finding items on a list can become tedious.
Another thing I like about the Nightfall series is finding the cassette tapes. They add a bit more to the story and the voice work on them is very good.

I have played it twice and I know I will play it again. Most games I play once or maybe twice if I really like it but this one will be replayed as many times as the MCF games, in other words a lot.

I give this game

Edited on 03/03/2012 at 7:12:34 AM PST

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Mar 4, 12 3:00 PM
Excellent game! Enjoyed it very, very much!!! Long game too...no complaints at all on the whole game! Highly recommend

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

Excellent game! Enjoyed it very, very much!!! Long game too...no complaints at all on the whole game! Highly recommend

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Mar 4, 12 10:26 PM
I bought the game and just finished playing. You have 3 sizes of cursers to choose from. Three levels of play, from casual to hard. There are voice overs.This game is a sequel to Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy. The characters have the same voice, but the drawings of the characters are somewhat different.
I didn't find continuity of the story in this game. It was necessary to run to the walkthrough several times. One thing, is that the inventory would become so large, and you would visit one scene and then return and a new object is there for you to pick up, instead of getting everything all at once.
I would rate this game a C- compared to the other 2 games that go along with this game.

ETA: The hint button fills very quickly, very nice, and you can skip the puzzles quite quickly also if you want.

Some of the scenes the developers made the screen move and become fuzzy, which was not appealing.

Edited on 03/04/2012 at 10:41:43 PM PST

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Mar 5, 12 9:27 AM
I had fun with this game. Except for the overly dramatic voices on the "baddies" and toward the end, way too many HOS, I really had no complaints about this game. I thought the hint button was great! It took like 5 seconds to recharge. Never came across that before. The map was helpful as far as showing where there were still tasks to be done, but you couldn't jump from place to place. All in all, I had a good time.

feenix

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by technocratee on Mar 13, 12 7:24 AM
Like this game, recommend it.
True to the Nightfall Mysteries series, doesn't disappoint, I can always buy a Nightfall Mysteries and be sure it's not a mistake.
Good graphics
Has Instructions for mini games
Hint recharge is short
Lots and lots of puzzles, with just enough running around
Good length
Descent voice over, could of used a bit more
Story doesn't quite capture my attention, but enough to make the game make sense.

Minor negatiave
I had to consult the walkthrough because of a click exactly on the right spot
Don't want to explain further in case of a spoiler, but means try clicking
all over if you're sure of something and it doesn't work.

[Post New]by bony_72 on Mar 24, 12 8:37 PM
Just finished the game. Spent hours on it and couldn't stop to do chores. That's how much I enjoyed it. Nice and long, so well worth the money. Love it.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Mar 26, 12 5:11 PM
I liked this game better than the first one. As always I played it twice, and it's always better the second time around.
Graphics were clear, HOS scenes were great and the characters were from the first game so it all tied in.

[Post New]by Palaluuseri on Mar 27, 12 8:00 AM
I'm sure the game itself would have been decent, but I didn't even try to play the demo, since the graphics were so grainy. Not sure if this problem could be fixed by adjusting some settings.

No buy for me.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Apr 6, 12 1:44 PM
I loved this game..Great story and lot's of HOS and fun puzzles to play. Hope there is a sequel.

[Post New]by rebelandsmokey on Apr 11, 12 4:28 AM
Wonderful game have played the whole series hope theres a sequel which im sure there will be. Definitly a game where not sure what will happen next. love the graphics

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Apr 16, 12 11:49 AM
merita l'acquisto della SE,il gioco è davvero bello ...molto affascinante ed avvincente.molto intelligente il pulsante aiuto veloce...consente un ritmo di gioco più agevole.....bellissima la grafica ed i colori....è stato un acquisto indovinato .....

Go to: