Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Toffifee on Nov 7, 14 6:43 AM
geniegal wrote:Guard's room - anything around the lamp shade is invisible. This trip it was the pepper and the moth. I guessed where the items were and got through the HOS.

Yes, same problem here - this time pepper, eyeball, moth, thumbtack - everything on the lamp shade invisible

Patm49
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Patm49 on Nov 7, 14 10:50 AM
jforever wrote: I just recently finished an hos where the some of the items were invisible. In cloud city prison, (can't remember the name of the hos), it didn't show the moth, candy, thumbtack or tooth! Had to use one of my crystals to "see" where they were at.

I am also having this same problem with the Guards Room in Cloud City Prison. Same items mentioned about are invisible in my game. I hope they fix this soon, I hate having to us my crystals or wands to find them.

phoenix_25
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by phoenix_25 on Nov 7, 14 7:28 PM
Since the last Update I've been losing progress. It happened twice today. Each time I exit game, i get to my desktop and then I hear that sound the game makes when you cant connect to the server. The next time I log back in all my progress from the last gameplay is lost . I havent dropped levels but stamps, coins, pet food and other inventory items are reset. It's highly frustrating and I must point out that I never had this problem before. What's the point of updating if all it adds are more glitches?

BTW - the dancing girl's hairstyle looked perfectly fine before...the present do just aint working . And Just-John... oh boy I dont even know where to begin... he's just scary. Please change them back

[Post New]by rsinfield on Nov 9, 14 1:38 AM
Hello,
Just installed the latest update today, I've noticed that the timer is not working in any HOS. Also, they all show that I am the number 1 player, with the biggest score. That's all fine and dandy, but obviously a bug.
I so far have not remarked that any of the HOS objects have changed (I'm on level 32), I really wish you would change some more of them because it's getting sooooo boring.
Just found another bug. The timers to show how much time left before you can play an HOS either show 10 000 (never had to wait THAT long before!) or the keep whirling around really fast and wome back to settle on the same number. It's been awhile since I saw so many glitches.
Looking for others.......

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Nov 10, 14 10:04 AM
In Commercial District with 4 flowers picked. Picked one flower on stairs to right of detective. No coins - flower count reset to zero.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 11, 14 3:19 AM
Not a single gift showed up in my inventory...and I received some good items. I also sent some good items and I dearly hope my friends got them. There was a brief period after I received and sent gifts where the social page on all my games, both pc and laptop glitched and wasn't connecting properly...wish list and gift fields were totally blank. Sound familiar? That is the way my first game started messing up in Feb. I was relieved when everything came back up normal...until I went to use those gifts, and they weren't in my inventory. It hurts to lose a blood lotus, a royal stone, and two seals of prayer, plus green and brown stamps... all gone. Heaven only knows what else is missing. I am too frustrated to check everything against my master list, right now...but I sure will later on. I won't tolerate this, BF. After everything I went through with the social page on my first game, I will give it all up before I go through that again. Missing inventory is theft in my opinion.

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Nov 11, 14 7:43 PM
I have not played one of my games all day, yet when I opened the game tonight, it was showing that I had to wait 59:45 to play a HOS. Is someone else playing my game?

OK, I logged off and restarted the game and all is right with the world. Sorry for the msg.

Edited on 11/11/2014 at 7:45:10 PM PST

[Post New]by Toria_Valkyrie on Nov 13, 14 10:40 AM
II am at Level 35. I played early this morning, exited properly and saved a copy of my game. At that point, I had 2495 of the 2800 points, 252 diamonds, etc...
I had visited the Detective and accomplished part of Quest 1 -- Visiting Anabel, but needed to craft the Sparkling Mist.

This morning I completed Quest 1 and moved onto Quest 2. Got to the point where I had visited Henry and crafted the Baton of Swiftness. Also crafted two other items to complete one of the five-part quests. Stepped away to get something off the stove, then went back to game. The game showed a 10-part quest and indicated that I needed to visit Henry and craft the Baton of Swiftness again. Thought it was odd, but figured Quest 3 was a repeat of Quest 2. Went through the whole process again. Got to the point where I needed to visit a HOS scene for the last item I needed for the Baton, but had to wait 30 min or so for the recharge. Decided to take a break and exited the game. Saved a back-up which has a date/time stamp of 11/13/2014; 11:28 AM.

At about 12:25 CST, I logged into the game. It shows I'm at the Detective and Quest 1 -- Visiting Anabel and needing to craft the Sparkling Mist. It shows I can gift 4 friends, but shows I helped 3. EDITED -- Now shows I helped 5 friends.

So it looks like I had two glitches this morning. One I was unsure of since there was no blip, lock-out or anything. Just looked like Quest 3 was a repeat of Quest 2. The one just now which reset me to where I was at about 2am CST this morning.

How do I restore my saved game so I don't have to go through the process again? Is it something I can do or does it have to be done at the server level?

OOPS -- Game just lost server connection and shut down. Is there a server issue today? Maybe something that's causing a brief blip sometimes and at others, like just now actually shut down the game. Maybe not a good day to play.

Hope the above makes sense and thanks in advance for the help,

EDITED TO ADD: Could this be tied to the preparations for the tournament that was just activated? My game lost connection 3 times in the 10 minutes just prior to and immediately after I saw the tournament icon light up.

Also e-mail with Dr. Felix report sent to Tech Support.

Toria

Edited on 11/13/2014 at 1:20:30 PM PST

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Nov 13, 14 12:45 PM
There must be some server problems right now. After the start screens I'm getting to the connecting screen and there it continually goes Checking cloud -> Setting Illumination -> Preparing Characters

In other words, "connection cannot be established"

Btw, Found has the same problem.

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Nov 13, 14 1:30 PM
My airship items are NOT updating. They are staying at 6950 and I know I have passed the 7000 mark awhile ago. What is up with this?

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Nov 13, 14 2:46 PM
Two things today - first for one of the quests I was required to get a golden shamrock thing from the carniverous lilly... But I had about 30 of them in my inventory from doing the daily quests. Where t.f did they go??
Second, I keep getting the message about the update, so I open the game manager, click options la la la, then get the "install update" button, and when I click that it says "no updates available" I wouldn't mind so much but I know in a few days it will not let me play without installing this phantom update!

Edited on 11/14/2014 at 6:30:47 AM PST

frosteen
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by frosteen on Nov 13, 14 8:13 PM
Chris - I had the same problem about the update not showing up. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Game Manager - no luck. I am going to send a notation to custoemr service. I will share whatever they tell me. Hopefully we will get an answer soon.

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Nov 14, 14 6:31 AM
frosteen wrote:Chris - I had the same problem about the update not showing up. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Game Manager - no luck. I am going to send a notation to custoemr service. I will share whatever they tell me. Hopefully we will get an answer soon.

Thanks - I just couldn't be bothered with that: all the "uninstall then reinstall, do a Dr Felix," blah blah.
Well done for being patient enough to go through it

JLB388
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by JLB388 on Nov 14, 14 8:04 AM
Why will friend invites not go through?? I can invite, but if I leave that page, it says 0 invited when I come back! Please fix this!

betslou41
Clownfish
Clownfish
951 Posts

[Post New]by betslou41 on Nov 14, 14 12:12 PM
During Tournament, I got the "unable to connect to server" message !!! I clicked 6 times to retry, NOTHING !!! Finally had to hit Quit, when I logged back in, ALL my progress was gone !!! I am really getting sick of all of this !!! Is it worth it ??? At this point I don't think so !!!

kimy444
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by kimy444 on Nov 14, 14 1:05 PM

I thought some of you may be experiencing the same problems I am, so for information sake I copied the letter of inquiry/complaint I just sent to BFG Techs. This is further to the one I sent on Nov 6th which is on page 102 if anyone is interested:

[i]Hello Michael,

Thank you for getting back to me. Since yesterday's update my Social icon and Tournament icon are lighting up; which is great. And, I received my first invitation to the tournament today; also great.

Re: my question about not ever getting any Eggs or Treasure Chests, you said, "To ensure you receive it, definitely tap on the quest for the emerald, then the "go to" button for the item, which will highlight and activate the scene you need to play to get the item". I'm sorry, but I don't understand your reply. What 'emerald'? What am I missing? I do understand that these items appear randomly, however, to be on level 42 never having received either item seems rather odd, and more than just bad luck. I've spent so much money on this game; hundreds of dollars, and I expect it to work properly. (I'm sure you, or the BF finance department at least, have a way of tracking how much I have invested in MC). It's difficult to go forward without 'Eggs', and with out 'Treasure Chests' as well I imagine. What do you get in a Treasure Chest anyway? Is it money and diamonds? I hope so; a little help with costs from you guys, as a reward for being a good and loyal client, would really be appreciated. And, I don't mean one diamond or 25 gold coins, which really doesn't get you anything. I'm talking about a substantial reward, that would actually encourage a player to keep going.

One thing I forgot to mention in my original inquiry/complaint, is the fact that when I go searching for particular items to complete a quest, more often that not recently I don't receive the correct object. This was happening all the time when I first started playing MC last January, but the problem seemed resolved after a few months. Now it has started again and it's really annoying. It makes the game repetitive, boring and frustrating when I have to keep looking for a particular item for the same quest, over and over again. Usually after a while I give up and either turn the game off for a couple of days, or just buy the item; which obviously is part of the strategy to make money on the game, but there comes a point when I start to think I'd get better odds in Vegas.

Again, I look forward to your reply. Thank

[Post New]by sweety251 on Nov 14, 14 1:14 PM
Hi, iam playing on pc and with firefox. After today,s update im losing connection, the game freezes and i have to and the game via alt c delete when iam starting the game again my money is less i lost feeding, the game is as at says set back but not complete, i checked my videocard there was no update avilible so that is not the problem, what now can sombody help me?/

drewcifer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Connection issue

[Post New]by drewcifer on Nov 14, 14 1:16 PM
I was in the middle of playing and it says connection lost. logged off restarted game and pc still says no connection

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Nov 14, 14 1:16 PM
I just spent 2 days doing rounds and rounds of HOS to get the $8,000 to open up the new zoom in the mining town...I am on level 47..I finally got there opened up the zoom and BAM ..it is saying I am not connected to the server ..it also looks like I have lost all my money...I loaded the new update yesterday...I am really frustrated...

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Nov 14, 14 1:16 PM
This afternoon, I am consistently getting the "No connection: Unable to connect ..." message when trying to play MC. Clicking Try again doesn't help. I assume it is a server problem, as everything else I'm doing online has no problem.

Go to: