Senior Citizens sign in!!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 2, 18 10:43 AM
Finally got Miami and Sweetheart Island all at once so now big decisions as to where to go...hmmmm first thing, start shipping again. Yes Jules, dial up internet was horrendous and we have friends who still have it because they can’t get fibre to the slightly remote area where they live! And they still have no cellphone coverage either!

Edited on 02/02/2018 at 10:44:34 AM PST

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Feb 2, 18 10:42 PM
Well I got Miami and Sweetheart Island plus a repeat of the glitch that glitter and I had back in November, I'm receiving PM's but when I reply to Trav3lbird the subject line keeps blanking out, oh well I guess I'll just try again tomorrow!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 3, 18 5:04 AM
This is strange. I already had the Miami update. I've been playing Miami and Sweetheart. This morning I got another GD update from the App Store.

CliveJ
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by CliveJ on Feb 3, 18 2:21 PM
Here in Ireland - no Miami and no Sweetheart Island iOS for iPad. Pog ma thon!

Edited on 02/03/2018 at 4:49:23 PM PST

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by ghjwmur511 on Feb 3, 18 3:11 PM

Edited on 02/03/2018 at 5:31:26 PM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 3, 18 8:27 PM
I haven't noticed another update, but it wouldn't surprise me if there is one with FIX ups in it. This last one was defintely dodgy as I have had nothing but issues with GD since that one, no problems before for some time. I am still having massive issues with shipping and the daily events and its got something to do with time. I did NOT get a gold fever today, instead, as I had not completed the daily event from saturday, as it was too hard, it is just continuing on, for at least another 24 hours, (nice of them to let me have extra time to do it, which I do NOT want to do), and the shipping is still all over the place. Yesterday, around 4pm, I did a session shipping from every city to Miami. As we were out last night, I didn't get to look at it till nearly midnight. The notifications were telling me all the various ships had arrived, yet when I opened it, looked at the tab, ALL of them still had approx 2 hours to go, yet this was over 8 hours since I had shipped them by this time, I opened Miami, nothing arrived. Left it overnight, when I turned it on this morning and looked at Miami, this time all the resources turned up. I am sick of this. I would much rather have had a new daily event DAILY, and a gold fever today instead of still not being able to complete the one I got nearly 2 days ago now. I will have to get onto tech support as this is a pain.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 3, 18 8:55 PM
Wow after reading all the problems you guys are having it makes me glad I'm playing on pc, no trouble with that version, I'm just creeping along slow and steady like a turtle.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 3, 18 10:25 PM
Jules, I noticed another update in the App Store but it seemed to be a repeat of the earlier one starting Miami. The only problem I have is receiving pm messages from GamingGrampa! They come through with no subject line so I can’t open them or just with his details so very frustrating for both parties!

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Feb 3, 18 10:26 PM
Still having some PM issues, maybe I can get it from here! Trav3lbird this is for you:
New Delhi level 20 165k bricks, level 30 200k bricks, 1gg, level 40 280k bricks

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 4, 18 3:25 AM
Opened the game tonight, the two day daily event had gone, replaced with a gold fever, it had 8 hours to run on it, that was at 8pm, so according to that timeframe, it would end around 4am, however, just opened the game again as been busy doing other things, its now 10.20pm, its still showing its got 7.52 hours left of it. This is really weird. I even closed the game and reopened it to see if it 'refreshed' the time, but no, its the same. I don't get whats going on.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 4, 18 10:05 AM
GamingGrampa wrote:Still having some PM issues, maybe I can get it from here! Trav3lbird this is for you:
New Delhi level 20 165k bricks, level 30 200k bricks, 1gg, level 40 280k bricks

Thanks Grampa, I have put those details in. Still your pm coming through with no subject line so I can’t open them. I will pm one of the mods and see if they can sort it out.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Feb 4, 18 11:38 AM
No problems with Gold Fever for me. Time seems to be correct, it says x hours left and runs out at midnight. What is driving me nuts is the number of times the game stops working. Fortunately it has always happened either when the initial flash screen is on, or between levels, so I haven't lost any resources or lives. It's still B annoying.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Feb 4, 18 12:04 PM
OliveJ: Pog Ma Thon indeed. As a huge fan of Shane and the Pogues I completely agree. Two years ago my wife and i rented a small flat just off O'Connel Street in Dublin for a month. Best month of my life. The music in the pubs, especially the Cobblestone was the greatest. Hope you get the update soon.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 4, 18 1:39 PM
Found another update on the app store last night, so I did it. Seemed to make no difference. Emptied resources in Sydney as I usually do, played a couple of levels in Miami before I went to sleep, had lost two so was down to 3 lives. Turned it off, slept, after breakfast this moring, thought I would empty Sydney marts again, no such luck, they were all still dead empty exactly where they had been approx 8 hours or so ago, not even accumulating a single resource now after half an hour. AND, it says I have 3 lives left STILL, and have to wait 5+ hours till I get one regenerated. I can't believe I am the only one who is having these really annoying issues since the last update, its making it hard to play, and its crashing all the time too, can't rely on it anymore. I haven't had such issues before, it only ever used to crash rarely, and usually that was because I was connected to wifi. If I have to wait 5 hours for a life to be regenerated, well, forget about playing this game, its impossible like that.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Feb 4, 18 1:49 PM
Jules, what can I say..., except that I am really sorry to hear about all your troubles. It looks like you have been jinxed, as I haven't seen any other posts with these problems and my game works as always...

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 4, 18 1:58 PM
No idea whats going on on my ipad, I have NEVER had these issues before (worst issue has always been the wifi making it crash) and its all been since the original Miami update, its just not worked properly since then. I just put in a ticket to customer service and told them about it all, I know they will get back to me, but hopefully, they will be able to sort this, and if anyone else is having issues, please let them know too, the more people that report problems with the game, the better it is so they can fix things.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 4, 18 2:00 PM
Jules, is your device set at the correct time and time zone?

Edited on 02/04/2018 at 2:01:12 PM PST

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 4, 18 2:09 PM
Does it have something to do with the device syncing with the wifi? Maybe a setting on the router?

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 4, 18 2:11 PM
Yes, it certainly is at the correct zone and time etc, haven't changed anything. Have checked for IOS updates, nothing there, all up to date. Have never altered the time for anything. I have shut it down and rebooted often, that usually fixes little glitches, but this time, that doesn't help at all, and its ONLY GD thats having issues, no issues with any other game on there whatsoever.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 4, 18 2:15 PM
I have always had issues with wifi and GD, again, it doesn't affect ANY other game on my ipad, but have often had problems with GD crashing when I try to send a scratch ticket to my friend, I don't bother any more with that as I circumvented that by downloading fb gameroom, so I open GD on there once or so a day to check for tickets and send them to my friend that way, but play the actual game on ipad. I just shut down the ipad totally just then and rebooted to see if the time for regeneration of the lives would fix, sadly no. In fact, its just ADDED another hour to the time to take it to 4 lives, I now have to wait a total of 5h 50m till it goes up by one life. This is hopeless, you can't play if you have to wait THAT long to get a life back. Its driving me insane. And I just noticed, the time left for gold fever has just altered again since I rebooted, its now got 11h 51m left to go, which is well before midnight. its really stuffed up. another thing I just checked, time till next trade for coins, shows I can do it in 23h53m, that would mean its about 7m since I last did it, when in fact, I did that about 4pm sunday, its now 9.20am monday.

Edited on 02/04/2018 at 2:19:46 PM PST

Go to: