bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Pahelika: Revelations

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 4, 12 12:25 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Pahelika: Revelations? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Pahelika: Revelations page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Pahelika: Revelations

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 4, 12 12:26 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Mar 4, 12 12:52 AM
Looks like it could have been a decent game but, it desperately needs a hint button or some kind of help. I have played 40 mins approx, and am stuck. As far as I know I have been everywhere and clicked everything with the couple of inventory items I have. Nothing! What this says to me is the game could get very frustrating. Shame.

Edit, Ah, one has now appeared on the download page, didn't see that at 8am.

Edited on 03/04/2012 at 12:59:56 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Mar 4, 12 1:18 AM
My review is based on the demo. I like this series and this is a good edtion to the series. This is more of an adventure game with many puzzles to solve. It is a very challenging game and there is no hint button. I really like this game. I own the first one. If your not familar with this series you might want to try the first game "Pahelika: Secret Legends". It will give you the storyline and let you know what kind of game this is.
Although you don't need to play the first one. This one stands on it's own. You have to have patients. Everyone has been asking for no more hand holding and it look's like the last couple of game's have no hand holding. This is a buy for me and must try forsure. Enjoy!

NO: Widescreen (PLEASE Developer's give us Widescreen)
YES: Voiceover's in cut scene's
NO: Hint button
NO: Journal
YES: Animated Cursor options
YES: 2 - Mode's of play - Casual/Advanced
YES: Sound: Sfx sound/Music
YES: 3D options
Theme: Magical Adventure Puzzle Solving Mystery

I rate this game: “PIGLET”
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,Adventure . For true lover's of these types of games.
‘ ‘
(o)

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Mar 4, 12 1:22 AM
I'm not really a very good adventure game player, but I liked the first installment quite a bit and this one seems to be at least equal to that. It is very intuitive, and requires a lot of time and patience but well worth it for me.
The graphics are good and the game play mechanics are easy enough.
The story is interesting without being tedious.
It certainly won't be a game for everyone, but it's a buy for me.
I don't know how much you can tell about it in just the trial period, and I would think you would really need to have played the first one to really appreciate it fully.
But I was glad to see it----a very good change of pace.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Mar 4, 12 1:38 AM
Also, is this a new game? My wife and I seem to remember this from ages ago. When we started it it already had our names in! Not sure, maybe wrong but I think it may be a recycled game.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 4, 12 2:03 AM
nomatt wrote:Also, is this a new game? My wife and I seem to remember this from ages ago. When we started it it already had our names in! Not sure, maybe wrong but I think it may be a recycled game.

No, it's brand new. Some games do that, they pick up the user name from your computer when downloading. It threw me too the first time.

Just imagine if it said "Hello, Mary, I know what you did last summer."

Enjoy.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 4, 12 2:03 AM
I have the first one and like this one too. It's a challenge a really adventure game. You need your brains.

There are no hints and some puzzles can be skip. Read every note of book you have in your inventory. It's important.

Have fun, I use a pc to buy the game.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Mar 4, 12 2:33 AM
I have the first one and like this one too. It's a challenge a really adventure game. You need your brains.

There are no hints and some puzzles can be skip. Read every note of book you have in your inventory. It's important

Brilliant game, loved the first one, this looks to be the same, a real challenge.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 4, 12 2:42 AM

Edited on 03/04/2012 at 5:43:23 AM PST

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Mar 4, 12 2:51 AM
I really enjoyed the Trial and am going to buy!

There is No Hint and No Journal BUT there IS Help available - you will need to be vigilant and Stop to Read any Hints that ARE presented to you.. You can get through but - Patience is the name of the game here..

If you like even more of a Challenge, then Untick the Casual Game mode.. I think I'll be busy here for hours and hours as this game requires not only patience but some thinking outside the square.

You can Do Things Inside your Inventory AND you can do interesting things Outside your Inventory in the sense of How you DO things - ie order of doing things and doing some things you don't normally Fix a certain way... Yes its a bit of a Mystery but really FUN... Go ahead and give it a go!!

Thanx for this game BF..

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Mar 4, 12 2:54 AM
I was looking forwards to this game; but lasted just 10 minutes! No option to skip the tutorial. I clicked 'off' casual mode in options, but still sparkles everywhere. So tried it with tick next to casual mode..but still those sparkles. It's bad enough being handheld through any game, but hand holding AND sparkles makes me feel the devs think we are too stupid to use our brains, and work things out.
Great game if it's your first time playing iHOGs, but it's not for me.
The graphics were a bit dark too. I don't mind that if it adds to the atmosphere of a game, but in this case it just enhanced those 'sparkles'!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 4, 12 3:16 AM
I loved Pahelika: Secret Legends and have been waiting for its sequel since May 2009 and so it is a definite buy for me . It just goes to show that patience is a virtue and good things come to those that wait .

I did try the demo for 20 minutes just to make sure that everything worked and, while I would have preferred to see brighter colours used other than browns which make the game darker, I didn't have any problems with distinguishing things.

To me the best part about this game is that you have to use your brain and hopefully I will find mine soon and be able to get off a certain mysterious island so that I can then come and play this game and give it the attention that it deserves.

Cherb

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Mar 4, 12 3:53 AM
I loved the first Pahelika and I am loving this one as well. A real adventure game that offers many puzzles and challenges. After having played the demo I decided to go back and replay the first Pahelika and then continue with this one. LOL what can I say, its a quiet Sunday for me where I can use those grey cells and enjoy this gem of a game. Yes the graphics tend to be a bit dark and the cut scenes are a tad cartoonish and I still have sparkles even though I unticked the casual button but no matter, I love this genre. Happy gaming everyone.

Sheila155
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Sheila155 on Mar 4, 12 4:50 AM
Love this! Good adventure game, and nice change from Hog! Great to be able to think for myself. Plenty of help in the form of books, but not enough to lead you by the hand.
Somebody mentioned the annoying tutorial. It bothered me too, but it only lasted for the first scene, so not a problem. Don't let that put you off!
I used the walkthrough a couple of times, but only to help me progress in the trial a bit so that I could properly assess the game. I played in casual mode, but apparently some of the puzzles are harder when not in casual, and it seems you can change modes during game which is a nice option.
I have a pc to use this month, and was going to get Maestro: Notes of Life, but now I don't know which to go for----think Pahelika might win out! Off to replay the original to help with my decision!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Mar 4, 12 6:05 AM
I am familiar with pahelika, it did recognized my name also.

Sadly I don't remember much of the first pahelica, is been 3 years that I played the first one.

The graphics are ok, but the game is a bit dark, fuzzy at times, no voices, but music that can become a bit annoying.

No hint button, makes it better for those that wants more challenge, but after reading the hints and putting them to work the puzzles are not that difficult to figure out and you have to pay close attention to the" smallest details".

The overall game is OK, no what I can call great, but more of a brain teaser that anything else, it seems that BF is going for this type of games two days in a row.

Will I buy the game? eventually, but no priority right now.

Beside that is a good game to play.

Edited on 03/04/2012 at 6:08:02 AM PST

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Mar 4, 12 7:24 AM
Not too sure yet. Playing the Demo. Seems quite dark and some items are hard to see. Would be nice to have an option to lighten the scenes. Would like to skip some of the scenes.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Mar 4, 12 9:14 AM
Review nearly 30 minutes into demo:

This is one tough game! I do like it...have to really "think" what to do but once I figure it out it does seem logical! I don't think it is one I'll be able to rush through.

Graphics are good and although not the kind I usually like they are quite appropriate to this game.

No H0 scenes (thus far and I don't think there will be). No hint button, but hints can be found on papers or books. There are "clues" too so look at everything. Some objects are "lying around" so try to get them as they might just be something you can pick up to use later. No strategy guide, but I just now resorted to the WT for a hint because I got so stuck on what to do!

Voices, music? I don't know as I don't usually use speakers for games (unless there is a nice thunderstorm brewing!).

I do believe I will get this game sometime in March for my punch card.

oakley007
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by oakley007 on Mar 4, 12 10:00 AM
nomatt wrote:Also, is this a new game? My wife and I seem to remember this from ages ago. When we started it it already had our names in! Not sure, maybe wrong but I think it may be a recycled game.

I agree. This looks really familiar. Not sure if it is a buy for me. maybe a DD.
enjoy

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 4, 12 10:25 AM
I bought this one from elsewhere back in Nov of last year...during BF's Turkey week HOG drought. I remember lots of puzzles.

Go to: