Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

Comments

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Mar 4, 12 1:10 AM
After 15 minutes of game play I was reminded of why I disliked the first one. First you make all your obvious and logical movements and then you spend the rest of your time going back and forth trying to figure out what they want you to do next. There is no Hint System and any game that totally depends on a walkthrough is absolutely no fun.

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Comments

[Post New]by bradalex on Mar 4, 12 2:00 AM
Totally agree. I play games to be entertained and could find no fun in this one! I can't see the logic in not having a hint system. After all, if you don't want to use it , thats fine. Maybe it's a cost cutting exercise?

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Mar 4, 12 4:03 AM
Hey, what's the deal? In options, I checked "animated cursors" just to find out what it was, and the cursor disappeared entirely! I had an awful time getting out of the game.

grama4jr
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

I agree with all the above.

[Post New]by grama4jr on Mar 4, 12 4:36 AM
Sorry not for me, when I download the game to see if I want to buy, I dont like not having the ability to skip the puzzles and have never been good at connecting wires or water pipes so am stuck and dont want to have to keep the guide up to solve the puzzle. I skip puzzles to get further into the games to see the plot.
Smarter people then me (am sure there are a LOT of those) will enjoy I am sure.
Graphics look good, but this is not for me.
You can do better then this BFG need more castles, ravens and cemetaries to hold my interest.

catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

I agree with all the above.

[Post New]by catathang on Mar 4, 12 4:50 AM
grama4jr wrote:Sorry not for me, when I download the game to see if I want to buy, I dont like not having the ability to skip the puzzles and have never been good at connecting wires or water pipes so am stuck and dont want to have to keep the guide up to solve the puzzle. I skip puzzles to get further into the games to see the plot.
Smarter people then me (am sure there are a LOT of those) will enjoy I am sure.
Graphics look good, but this is not for me.
You can do better then this BFG need more castles, ravens and cemetaries to hold my interest.
I agree with you. I love the castles, ravens and cemetaries. We need more. I know the ones I have off by heart. Have a Great day (and cats)

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 4, 12 5:41 AM
No CE. So sad.

But this game got my attention. At first I was put off because there are no HOS and no hint button but it has a really good WT so I went ahead. Good graphics, though a bit at war with the cut scenes which are just rough black and white sketches, but that's not major. It won't be an easy game, because it's not obvious, but a little convoluted. I gave it a fair shake and once I realised how it worked, I got more into it. Now I'm really liking it. I'm stuck though, even with the WT and am waiting for some nice clever fishie to save me on the forum. For those who love a real challenge, and I know there are many, this will really hit the spot. Funny enough, I'm not really one of them, but this game pulled me in.

Even though I'm stuck, not sorry I bought it at all. I'm half way through and having a good time. Hopefully can continue to do so, with some help.

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Mar 4, 12 6:10 AM
I liked the first "Pahelika" , but I realy love this new one. It`s my type of games. Got it from another site (I didn`t have patience to wait its release on BFG) and I`m very happy with this game. I love to figure out things by myself ( I chose a hard mode). It`s plenty of hours and days of fun and enjoyment for me!
Thank you very much, dev!

Edited on 03/04/2012 at 6:13:28 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 4, 12 6:13 AM
I would love a good adventure game, but unfortunately this is not it. Graphics are very nice but its too dark, too dreary, and no fun, and there is no hint button. Not a buy for me.

belle1028
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by belle1028 on Mar 4, 12 6:53 AM
I was very dissapointed in this game. I play games for fun. This one was no fun.

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Mar 4, 12 8:12 AM
Played the whole demo and got to about 1/6 of the game. Kind of slow, and found it boring. I got full screen by unchecking the 3D in the options, will buy it as a DD.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Mar 4, 12 8:22 AM
You'd think with 3 years between releases, the developer would have done a little homework and maybe used some of the 'new' bells and whistles available like animated cutscenes, sound fx, etc. LOL.

But the graphics are incredible and very clear (although drab) and they at least picked up on widescreen. People who prefer full screen on wide screen monitors should uncheck the 3-D box. (interesting choice of labels, devs-- )

I didn't play the first one as I didn't like it enough to purchase. If this game didn't tell everything via text hints/labels or pieces of paper or every time something is clicked, I would probably purchase as I think it much more refined and polished than the first.

Edited on 03/04/2012 at 8:26:19 AM PST

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Mar 4, 12 3:18 PM
I really didn't like the first of this series but thought I would give this one a shot. I did play the full demo and had to go back and forth to the walk through so many times it made me feel stupid.

Then when I thoight I had the hang of what was going on I started to get bored. It seemed that I was doing the same things over and over.

I actually can't believe anyone would put a game out with absolutely no instruction, hints, skips or anything.

I'm sure there are players out there that love this type of game but it's definitely not for me.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Mar 4, 12 3:41 PM
I loved the first game and bought this one straight away. I have persevered with it but have gotten stuck one too may times, I have to admit. I'm now in chapter 6 and have to make crystals -which seems to be a very repetitive make scroll add stuff make scroll add stuff process. At this point I'm giving it away....sadly. May come back to it another time. Pity!

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Mar 4, 12 5:52 PM
I've been waiting for this game since I found out it was out at the developer's site. I was patient and Big Fish finally got the game. I played the demo months ago and I was hooked. The first Pahelika was a challenge and fun to play. This game is following in it's predecessor's style. It is a definite buy for me.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Comments for Pahelika: Revelations

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 4, 12 10:51 PM
Hi there JirafaVanidosa, katejoe999 and Dialogue,
For what it's worth, count me in as another one who has been waiting patiently for this game to be released here.
I loved the challenge of the first Pahelika, and have had a grand time so far following the clues etc to complete this game. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play for long at this stage, but am about to follow the instructions to become a genius for a while.
Regarding the sparkles - well you need them to find useful items (though some can still be easily missed), but you still have to use the notes and your "smarts" to work out what to do next.
This is my kind of adventure game - no endless conversations or 360 degree scenes. I'm not nixing other LFGs offered here as I have purchased a lot of them in the hope they will interest me enough to persist and complete them (and I am an original Myst, Riven etc and Syberia gal). Maybe I am in the mood for Adventure light instead of endless running around at this stage.
So, for those of you who are up to the challenge, sit back, relax and enjoy. This game does not have to be completed in World Record time, and does require some logical thinking and you can always try using anything in you inventory to see what effect it has when you are stuck!
(Of course there is also a WT here to use if you feel the need.)

Of course, this game will not be to everybody's taste, but I encourage those of you who want a challenge to give this one at least the full trial - and check EVERYTHING as you go.
Cheers

Edited on 03/04/2012 at 10:57:37 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 4, 12 10:55 PM
Hi bratzgram,
There actually are lots of hints/instructions in this game. You need to read the comments at the top of the page and make sure you find and check the pages that go into the Journal.
Of course, the rest is up to the player to interpret. But once you have successfully completed the first couple of tasks, you will become accustomed as to how the game works and it will be "less stressful".
Cheers

Edited on 03/04/2012 at 10:58:03 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 4, 12 11:02 PM
Hi Sheerija,
Maybe this game has replaced the supposed DE which is now being "retooled"?
And, WTG on your decision ...
Even though I'm stuck, not sorry I bought it at all. I'm half way through and having a good time. Hopefully can continue to do so, with some help.

.... I'm sure you will feel a great sense of achievement in completing this game.
Cheers

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on Mar 6, 12 5:32 AM
I've just completed this game, and I must say was rather let down by the ending. As challenging as the rest of the game was, I think it petered out at the end. It seemed to go from a computer whiz game throughout to a little kid game at the ending IMHO. MLC60

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Mar 16, 12 10:48 AM
I have to agree with the majority here. This could have been a great game, but it wasn't for a few simple reasons. First, I thought I would love this game because there are no HOS. That's great because I hate them. The game was very interesting and I liked the navigation, graphics, music, sound, and voices.

But what was a real turn off for me was that the game was too difficult and I'm a hard core gamer since the Atari 2600 VCS game system. I'd find the objects, but it wasn't intuitive as to how many of they were to be used. I had to refer to the Walkthrough constantly and that's no fun at all. After I looked at the WT and knew what to do, it was actually a lot of fun; but it got monotonous because I had to consult the WT a lot.

And don't talk to me about trying to put the rod in the metal door. That was a nightmare.It was a nightmare because I kept trying to put the rod in the holes underneath the door. I must have tried about 30 times and couldn't do it. Then when I noticed the holes in the side of the door, I did it very easily the first time. My point is that even with the WT, it said to put it in the holes, but if you look, when the door opens there are also holes underneath the door on the left and right sides. That's where I was trying to put the rod at first. Very frustrating.

Then there are no Hint and Skip buttons and that is inexcusable in my book. Getting a hint is not "cheating." If I don't want or need to use a hint, then I won't. But if I get stuck, then I definitely want a hint within the game itself. And if I get stuck on a puzzle, I certainly want the option to skip it.

The bottom line is if this game had a built-in Strategy Guide, a Hint Button, and a Skip Button, it would be an excellent game. But it doesn't, so it's a frustrating game.

Edited on 03/16/2012 at 11:41:57 AM PST

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Aug 17, 12 6:03 PM
loved the first one couldn't wait for this one. finally deleted it as I couldn't play parts of it too bad it didn't have a skip button.

Go to: