bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Grave Mania: Undead Fever

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 5, 12 12:19 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Grave Mania: Undead Fever? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Grave Mania: Undead Fever page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/08/2012 at 2:44:17 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Grave Mania: Undead Fever

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 5, 12 12:21 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Mar 5, 12 12:52 AM
This the very first Time Management click-fest that I've been sorely tempted to buy.

It is creepily hilarious!

Its' gameplay is similar to "Spa" titles in this genre but you are working on cantankerous zombies who will not stay in their graves.....etc.

Your job, if you choose to take it, is to grab said zombies, prepare them in formalehyde, straighten their wayward bones and stick them back into tidy caskets. Later there are other procedures to be added to the process and you can catch varmints for extra credit.

There are funeral parlor upgrades to be bought, as well.

Since I've only played the demo, so far, I'm sure there are alot of other grisly details as the game gets a head of steam up.

Seriously believe I will buy this as my very first TM game.

edited for misspelling

Edited on 03/05/2012 at 2:06:48 AM PST

tehi
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by tehi on Mar 5, 12 12:58 AM
Realy????!!!!! OMG!!! I love TMG and am always happy to see a new one. This is just ridiculous and grose!!!! Not a good review as I only played less than 1 minute. Not into embalming people.

Edited on 03/05/2012 at 6:18:19 AM PST

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Mar 5, 12 1:05 AM
I did the beta of this one, and while TM isn't my favorite genre, this one was kind of fun. Here's my review, copied from the "Sneak Peek" thread:

Grave Mania: Undead Fever (by Anino Games and Team Loca)

Actually, if you're a TM fan and you like "ghoulish" humor, you just might like this game!

While I used to be good at TM games, my eye/hand coordination isn't what it was, so take that into consideration when reading this review:

The plague has taken over the country and the folks have turned into zombies. It's your job to prepare them for their final resting place.

Think of "Sally's Salon" with zombies...on speed! You drag and drop the zombies to different places and "prepare" them. In the first "micro-game" as they call them, you have to click the mouse until the test tube fills to a certain line, then click done.

They next move to a chair so you can "fix the bones" by hitting the mis-placed bones with a hammer. I found this one a bit difficult as you not only have to figure out which bones are out of place (you have to fit them into their shadow), but then hit the bone on the right place within the allotted time.

The next chair (thank goodness!) is just a drag and click. It sort of looks like Bonnie (the ... um, I guess the mortician!) is putting make up on them.

Last, you drag them to the coffins and zip! They're gone to their final resting place.

In later levels, there are additional stations: One, where you choose the correct clothes and another where you choose the correct make up. I STILL haven't quite figured out how you know which makeup to use!

You also have to clean the dirty stations and the dirty coffins.

Other stuff:

The graphics were cartoon style and fairly clear and bright considering the setting and the story is quite funny.
con't

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Mar 5, 12 1:06 AM
con't

On the first screen there's a "How to play" section that's pretty extensive. It describes things you'll see in the game, side quests (hunting for un-dead rodents...I never saw one, but then again, I had my hands full with the zombies!!), an explanation of all the different potions and parts of the game...oh oodles of stuff! I suggest you read this over before starting. Play a bit, then go back and read it again when you know what they're talking about!!

The music was appropriately eerie and I didn't find it intrusive.

It DID seem to load quite slowly between between scenes but it kept you entertained by phrases at the bottom such as "Fixing Bonnie's hair" and "Eating Brains".

The game DOES have a very VERY steep learning curve! It shows you the "perfect" score on the bottom right of the screen...and I couldn't get perfect on the first 2 levels! I finally managed it on the 3rd..heaven knows how!

If you're a TM fan, be sure to check this one out when it comes along...I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

JammyKat
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by JammyKat on Mar 5, 12 1:17 AM
Others have described the game well. I was happy to see you could play in relaxed mode for those of us who like TM without the stress. Well...I was doing pretty good until the sheriff rolled into town. What with the toxic effect on the woman, plus all the zombies getting up and running around and out the door, it all got too hectic for me. If, like me, you think the relaxed mode will allow you to play without stress, make sure you play the demo long enough to see if it gets too hard.

If you're a fan of this kind of game, this is really a fun take on the TM genre. I wonder why they didn't wait to release this for Halloween?

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Mar 5, 12 1:35 AM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 03/05/2012 at 1:42:22 AM PST

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Mar 5, 12 3:27 AM
Wow ! Another time management game thank you Big Fish this is awesome and this game is just too fun it is a solid tm game in every sense, it's like Sally's meets the Adams family. You make the dead beautiful so they can RIP ! What a cool twist for a tm game. There are two modes of play regular and relaxed which is very cool for a tm game thank you for that so if you don't want to get all flustered trying to beat the clock you don't have to. The graphics are really cute and so is the music. I bought this one before the demo was up I just had to have it and I'm loving every minute of it. The mini games are really cool as well you have to match the clothes or accessories, and fill the embalming meter for the zombie's and then there is the whack a zombie mini game where the zombies are climbing out of the graves and you have to click on them to get them back in the coffin and bury them. This game is hilarious and a very solid and fun tm game at least give the demo a try you can't go wrong doing that. Thank you so much dev's you did a great job on this one and thank you Big Fish !

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Mar 5, 12 5:16 AM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 03/05/2012 at 6:02:37 AM PST

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Mar 5, 12 6:00 AM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 03/05/2012 at 6:02:56 AM PST

handbells
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by handbells on Mar 5, 12 7:33 AM
I love this game! My demo time zipped by and I bought it straight away.

As other reviewers have said, it is quite like Sally's Spa, only with zombies.

There are also bonus games to play. I'm sure there are others, but of the ones I played, one, you had to whack the zombies, drag them to a coffin, and bury them. If too many zombies escaped the game was over. The other was like a whack a mole game and you got bonus points for hitting them in the correct order.

ETA: when I went to play after purchasing, I had to create a new profile

All in all, a really fun game!

Edited on 03/05/2012 at 7:40:17 AM PST

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Mar 5, 12 8:04 AM
This is certainly quite an innovative game. As others mentioned before, the basics are pretty much like Sally's Salon, just with zombies. I liked the idea, quite a change from the usual farm-beautician-supermarket-clothes store motive (not that I don't like those). Of course it's a bit tasteless, but I think that's quite nice as well.

The graphics are not my cup of tea, a bit too crude for me, but then they match the game topic, so that's fine.

There are plenty of mini games, so it's just just the usual "put people there and click" routine. I personally am not such a big fan of mini games because they interrupt, but then there were some good ones here.

The tutorial level is pretty good as well. Once in a while, in later levels, there are pop ups to give further information. A little problem there: these disappear upon a click, so when I was just clicking a station, it made the pop up disappear before I read it. It would have been good if one had to actually click on the pop up, so that it doesn't go away but a click on a service station.

Someone mentioned the steep learning curve - wow, that is absolutely true. I have to admit, I didn't fully realize at once that the zombies would wake up again, walking around, biting other zombies and the player character. You have to chase them and put them back to "sleep". If you are infected by a zombie, you slow down a lot until you reach the cupboard with the antidote, so that is a further challenge. Again, a nice new twist to the TM routine. Still, for me personally, that was the bit that made me stop the demo early. It was just too hectic for me. So, no buy for me, but it surely is an interesting new game and I'd recommend it to those who don't mind the additional hectic.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 5, 12 8:30 AM
This is one of the best tm games I have ever played and I played many of them. This game is so much fun. Its with zombies. I really like that idea. The gameplay is similar to other games like Sallys Salon or Sallys Spa. For me its a definete buy and I highly recommend it to all tm-lovers

[Post New]by TXrosebud1 on Mar 5, 12 12:02 PM
Have been waiting for this one to be released, I betsd this game and loved it. I guess I just have a strange sense of humour... A good TM game and love there is a relaxed mode.
Just looking for one more game and then canceling my club membership. I'm tired of waiting months for TM or strategy games, while the HOG games are out constantly.

60schild
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by 60schild on Mar 5, 12 1:50 PM

Edited on 03/05/2012 at 3:08:27 PM PST

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Mar 5, 12 2:36 PM
I LOVE TIME MANAGEMENT GAMES! However this is not going to be one of them. Sorry, just grossed out.

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Mar 5, 12 5:11 PM
This looks fun! and since im a TM fan iv tried the demo and it sure is like sally's spa/salon which i like so this will definitely be in my list to buy thank you big fish!

JumpingGen
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by JumpingGen on Mar 5, 12 7:01 PM
Woo hoo!! Best TM game to come along in a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time.

Graphics are awesome - - I know some of you are grossed out, but I thought it was really cute!! I love how they do the cut scenes like a little puppet show.

Gameplay is amazing, too, with enough challenge to be fun but not so frantic that it's not enjoyable. Relaxed mode is an option, too, which is nice to have.

Kudos to the developers for a great game!

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Mar 5, 12 7:42 PM
halfway thru the demo ... cute ... but i'm not fond of the drag and click type TM games
seems pretty much the same as the others with a diff story line and characters ... if i liked this style of TM, it's a fun change theme-wise but seems more appropriate for october than march - lol

Go to: