bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Post any Fantastic Creations: House of Brass Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 6, 12 4:38 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

Re:Post any Fantastic Creations: House of Brass Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 7, 12 4:31 AM
It's very nice that this new version has become available and fixes the listed problems. Unfortunately, the problem with the mail tubes is not on the list and has not been fixed.

Did whoever alerted the devs to the faults in this game forget to include it? There are loads of us who have it and this post is just going to be the first of many from equally frustrated players, who have waited patiently for this fix and are now faced with the exact same problem.

Really BF, it might be in your best interests to consider setting up a department that physically tests games by playing them through, before you put them up for sale.

TGT has a crash problem as well and that makes 4 games over Feb/Mar where this has happened.

I'm off to get a refund.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

Re:Post any Fantastic Creations: House of Brass Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 7, 12 12:01 PM
Same here! This "Fix" did NOT fix the mail tube problems. Uninstalled, reinstalled the new version but when I get to the mail room it totally pops me out of the game! Seems like I remember a lot of people had this problem before the "fix" but apparently the devs did not address this issue. Going to request a refund as well. Too bad, because I was really enjoying the game.

[Post New]by CharleyBlue on Mar 8, 12 9:34 AM
Same for me, too. I downloaded the "new" game and re-started the computer. When I tried to click on the mail tubes, it threw me out of the game. I'd really like to finish this one!

[Post New]by nmduensing on Mar 9, 12 8:19 PM
I really like this game but it too kicks me out of the game when I click on the mail tubes. The funny thing is I didn't have that problem before the update.

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on Mar 10, 12 10:02 AM
I would really like to play this game, but even with the update, I just get "Access Violation". Can't even get a look at it. What happens to great games that don't work?

[Post New]by dogtrainer389 on Mar 13, 12 10:12 PM
I am in the greenhouse and am having trouble with the yellow fruits. my cursor will not pick them up so I can put them in the beaker. Tried closing out of game and coming back in no dice. Any other ideas?

Sandhya1
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Sandhya1 on Mar 16, 12 11:09 AM
$16.00 later and it is crashing. I am getting kicked out doing the word puzzle. I liked this game and am very disappointed. Tried using the system cursor..didn't help.

[Post New]by nativealien4535 on Mar 16, 12 11:14 AM
I ran into problems at the very end of the prologue. It wouldn't let me go back down the hall and get the key. Sad when we pay this much for the extra and then can't play it all the way thru to the end.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 16, 12 1:48 PM
Hi fishies,

I just wanted to jump in and clarify that although the recently released update does not address the crashing issue in the mail room, we are still working on this!

If you haven't already, we'd ask that you please run a Dr. Felix report and then send the results from that over to our Tech Support team. The more information that we can gather about the types of systems that are being affected by this issue, the better the chances will be of us being able to fix it.

Thank you for your patience, and if we receive any further updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 03/21/2012 at 1:57:34 PM PST

[Post New]by ARNIE911 on Mar 19, 12 12:14 PM
Having trouble with spelling mini-game and decided to download updates to see if that corrected problem. After downloading entire game, when I returned to game, every time I try to complete puzzle ("L" on Cogglethorpe) the game closes and returns to home page.....????

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 21, 12 1:57 PM
Hi fishies,

Great news! We've just released another update for this game, and this one fixes the mailroom bug that some of you have been experiencing.

We apologize for the trouble. For more information on how to get the newest version of this game, please click on the following link:

UPDATE! New version available for Fantastic Creations: House of Brass CE! March 21, 2012

Please feel free to post any issues that you continue to experience in this thread and/or by contacting Tech Support.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Sandhya1
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Sandhya1 on Mar 25, 12 9:22 PM
Well, I downloaded the lastest version and am still receiving an access violation in the section with the word puzzle where the sun comes out. I am so upset. This is the second game that I have paid for in the last 2 weeks that I am unable to play...very upset!

[Post New]by pinto4825 on Mar 27, 12 5:47 AM
ARNIE911 wrote:Having trouble with spelling mini-game and decided to download updates to see if that corrected problem. After downloading entire game, when I returned to game, every time I try to complete puzzle ("L" on Cogglethorpe) the game closes and returns to home page.....????

Same here. Reinstalling doesn't help. I'm so upset. I like this game. Are there any fixes for this problem yet?

[Post New]by edmontonborn on Apr 21, 12 1:46 PM
I am about half way through the game and now the game is refusing to load. My computer clicks like it is changing the screen resolution and then the screen goes black and stays that way. I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to get out,

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 21, 12 2:49 PM
Hi edmontonborn,

Blank or black screens can have a couple causes. I would recommend checking out our help article covering some basic troubleshooting steps for those issues here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the suggestions in that help article aren't working, I would recommend contacting our Tech Support team and they can provide some more help with that.

I hope that helps, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by irvinebear on Aug 26, 12 2:07 PM
getting a access violation and wont play....

[Post New]by donna4858 on Aug 30, 12 7:48 PM
I've had the game quit on me twice. I don't remember the first time, but the second one was when I first got into Cogglethorpe's room at the top. I just purchased the game 4 days ago so the fixes are already there for the other issues I've read about. Any idea why the game is quitting on its own? I also went out, and came back after looking to see if there was anything about the cursor problem I'm having. Two scenes require me to catch things before they get to the floor. The cursor won't move fast enough for me to accomplish this task. For some reason, the first one with boxes let me through, but I can't get past the second one with shooting things. Suggestions on that would be appreciated too!

Edited on 08/30/2012 at 7:53:28 PM PST

Go to: