Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

TGT - Rescue at Rajini Island

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 26, 09 1:30 AM
From the description page:

Find out for yourself in this addictive Hidden Object masterpiece!

Uh... no.

Well was really miffed when I saw no Relaxed Mode and what appeared to be a fast timer. Turns out *very* easy and the 3 hints per screen beyond adequate and never came close to feeling timer pressure. In fact started using all the hints just because I found I was bored finishing out looking for stuff. Repeating 3 screens in a row of the same scene with just different stuff to find? Spot the DIfference where I didn't need to compare because the added changes were so obvious I could just click 'em? The inventory puzzles were insanely easy. The one slider mini-game I encountered wasn't even a game really, just shove these tiles over there. I quit out of sheer boredom with 24 minutes to go on the demo. Oh, and a small annoyance, the happy sound when you find something was way too shrill imo and I was finding stuff so quickly really got on me nerves.

SO! Really glad this did not turn out to be one I reluctantly had to pass on because of no Relaxed Mode (I'm really trying to be good and boycott those) Hidden Expedition: Amazon this ain't.

Edited on 01/26/2009 at 2:25:40 AM PST

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

Re:TGT - Rescue at Rajini Island

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Jan 26, 09 1:35 AM
Thanks Poodlebear, I always value your opinion and since I was not too inspired by this game, then I won't even try it

Skeets181
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Skeets181 on Jan 26, 09 1:36 AM
I totally agree with you Poodlebear. What a snooze. Hopefully people won't waste their club credits on this one.

Skeets

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Jan 26, 09 2:11 AM
Downloaded the demo - but according to Poodle it doesn't sound like a very challenging game....so we'll see - it just might be one I can play

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 26, 09 2:23 AM
...and it's not just that it's not challenging... I *like* easy! It just somehow manages to be boring and easy. Even inventory puzzles which I *LOVE* and usually even easy ones provide a pleasant, small amount of challenge, but this one...

BUT it's all a matter of taste and I always hesitate to post really negative reviews because I don't want to say this is a crappy game, just that this is a crappy game for me? IMO any game that works, is not hideous to look at, has relatively pleasant sounds is not really a bad game. Just isn't necessarily for me. SO if someone likes it then groovy, go for it. (would normally put a thumbs up here but don't want my up thumb associated with this game )

grsloop
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by grsloop on Jan 26, 09 2:51 AM
I only lasted 10 minutes and I HO games. It was just boring. I've purchased three games in the last week so I'm glad I wasn't desperate for a new "fix".

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 26, 09 3:51 AM
Bump

justnorma
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by justnorma on Jan 26, 09 4:27 AM
And here I thought I was just getting better at finding hidden objects!

I definitely won't be buying this one. I cleared some screens in a minute flat -- that's rare for a game I just layed eyes on!

Some of the music was wonderful! But the shrill sound of finding something did force me to turn the game sounds off.

Norma

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 26, 09 4:39 AM
I still have 44 minutes left on the demo but I don't think I will be using them. I found some of the objects quite difficult to see (eg insects in the jungle) and had to resort to a pair of bought "reading glasses" AND a magnifying glass and still had to use the hints.

The only good thing I found about the game was that you get roughly 10 minutes + 3 hints for each scene (that I played).

Sadly this is not a game for me.

Like PB says it is a matter of taste so I suggest that you demo the game yourselves and make your own minds up.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Jan 26, 09 4:50 AM
Very hard on the eyes. Do not think I will be adding to my list of favorites.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 26, 09 4:53 AM
I have to concur with what's been posted already with the game. It had great potential but lost it somewhere early on. There is a simplicity to it other than the small items needing found. Which for younger eye's - may not be a problem.

While this game is not for me - I have left the remaining time for hubby to try it. His ideal HOG is different than mine.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jan 26, 09 5:00 AM
Not my cup of tea, had my nose on the screen, still could not see the items, need younger eyes!!!!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 26, 09 5:50 AM
The time limit is more than generous even if is seems short at 10 minutes - but I feel the pressure anyway and it kills some of the fun for me. I played for about 5 minutes, and put it aside. Perhaps I'm spoiled by the recent Robinson Crusoe, but this game just doesn't seem at all interesting this morning. I was particularly turned off by the one scene where I had to find things, then immediately got the same scene with different items added that I was supposed to find - sheeesh, I could just click on the things that weren't there a moment ago!

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Jan 26, 09 6:04 AM
Since someone at obviously reads the forums, I wonder why they add games like this to their inventory. **I know someone will like it** But, they have to know what games will make the money and after all, that's what it's about. Is it because there just isn't any quality games out there? The last game I bought was "Nightshift Legacy". Before that " Legends of Sleepy Hollow". For a while I was buying at least 2 games a month. Now, I'm lucky to find 1. We must be in a quality game drought.

JMHO

(I'm only talking about HOGs)

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 26, 09 6:30 AM
You didn't get Robinson Crusoe???

I wonder if Rajini Island might be the developer that Picman was trying to convince recently needed to add a "no timer option".

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Jan 26, 09 6:36 AM
Could be lord, but you have plenty of time because everything is so easy to find. I didn't even noticed I was being timed and that's unusual for me.

I bought it......I thought it would be a good game for the grandkids when they come. They like HOGs too and I thought they would enjoy this one - it's more on their level.

Now Robinson Crusoe - I really enjoyed playing it...

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Jan 26, 09 6:40 AM
lordkalvan wrote:You didn't get Robinson Crusoe???

I wonder if Rajini Island might be the developer that Picman was trying to convince recently needed to add a "no timer option".

No, I didn't buy RC. I probably will later. I liked Jetsetter, too but it has glitches in it. So I will play the demos that come out until something catches my fancy.

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Jan 26, 09 7:14 AM
Easy, boring, and very green in colour!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 26, 09 7:20 AM
catsholidayhome wrote:Easy, boring, and very green in colour!

Yeah, and washing something in green does not constitute hiding it. Green lightbulb... green camera... green whatever the heck that is but I don't need to know cuz it obviously was added so I'll just click it...

[Post New]by Basketcase327 on Jan 26, 09 7:35 AM
dtouchton wrote:Since someone at obviously reads the forums, I wonder why they add games like this to their inventory. **I know someone will like it** But, they have to know what games will make the money and after all, that's what it's about. Is it because there just isn't any quality games out there? The last game I bought was "Nightshift Legacy". Before that " Legends of Sleepy Hollow". For a while I was buying at least 2 games a month. Now, I'm lucky to find 1. We must be in a quality game drought.

JMHO

(I'm only talking about HOGs)

I think the problem may be us. We used to be satisfied with a plain HOG and now we have seen what can be done, ex. MCFs, HE, Mortimer and we just won't settle for plain, easy and boring anymore. My first HOG was Sunset Studio. I can't even believe I had a good time playing that game. Now I wouldn't last 5 minutes. So I can't blame BF, there are still people out there who have never played a HOG and this might be their first, so it is made available to them. Thank goodness they aren't amazing everyday. I would be broke!!!

Edited on 01/26/2009 at 7:36:33 AM PST

Go to: