bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Borgia: Faith and Fear technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 7, 12 12:23 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

Re:Post any Borgia: Faith and Fear technical issues here only

[Post New]by saphhire on Mar 7, 12 12:29 AM
I was playing the game and right in the midd of the jig saw puzzle I got a stopped working and closed the program when started it again right at the begin......................

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Mar 7, 12 2:02 AM
Yep, right in the middle of putting together the letter jigsaw about 30 minutes in, the game crashed and kicked me out. When I went back in, it took me back at least two H.O.s and a couple puzzles. Not that good a game, so not worth dealing with, nor bothering to redo. Might have considered as a DD, but now, notsomuch. Delete!

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Mar 7, 12 2:06 AM
I had the same problem, very disappointing.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Mar 7, 12 2:17 AM
I had the same difficulty, but forged ahead and the 2nd time the game went on.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 7, 12 2:18 AM
When I tried to exit the game, it froze and I lost the cursor.
Then a Send Microsoft error message screen popped up stating that Borgia had encountered a problem and needed to close.
But it didn't close.
When I managed to get a cursor back, I tried right clicking in the task bar to close the game.
It failed to respond.
Finally after trying twice more to do this, the game finally closed.
It's a delete for me, sorry.
BK

dooley1
Clownfish
Clownfish
751 Posts

[Post New]by dooley1 on Mar 7, 12 2:27 AM
I had the same problem...it's a delete for me

[Post New]by mieke16holding on Mar 7, 12 2:49 AM
Ditto all of the above. Stopped. Poor quality and a delete for me as well.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 7, 12 2:56 AM
Crashed twice on me. Like a fool I got back in and it said find 4 keys to that chest. I already had and opened it.

First time, right in the middle of some task a window popped up stopping the game that said there is a better version of Chrome than I'm using. HUH? I have IEx8, never used or even had Chrome, it was a msg from Google. Xd that and reopened the game, said I had 60 min left. NOT. Last crash I had just done the chest lock thing I think (which was mislabled in manipulating actually) and black screen with a tiny shrunken box centered that I think said SKIP distorted fonts. Then crashed back to desktop. GM that time said 12 min left but uninstalling it from Ctr Panel.

Game was so disjointed, no flow or totally unfamiliar gameplay it's not worth the time for me to send CE a greenie. btw after the dev's logo a screen said BETA in big fonts. Could this be a beta version or is that part of the dev or publisher's name.

IMO this game ain't quite ready for prime time. May improve later but who wants to go any further to find out then not save and crash again. Not me. Sorry, going to resume one of my good game that saves so the night isn't a total washout.

ETA I had no problem putting the letter together, I like jigsaws, and no problem with the nice HOGS, shame the in between play is too glitchy. I had only one game in years that crashed on my W7 64bit laptop, everything up to date, you never see me in the tech issue threads so making my debut

Edited on 03/07/2012 at 3:01:33 AM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 7, 12 3:03 AM
Hi everyone,

Yikes! It sounds like you fishies are all getting the same message around 30 minutes into the game at the jigsaw puzzle.

For those of you experiencing this problem, could you please help us investigate this issue by writing in to our Tech Support?

If possible, please describe the issue as detailed as possible so we can get this thing tracked.

Please include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report together with your request so our representatives can collect information on these tech problems and pass that on to the developers.

Thank you for your patience!

bfgRhone

Edited on 03/07/2012 at 3:16:06 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 7, 12 4:36 AM
Ditto. The game doesn't interest me enough to continue.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 7, 12 4:48 AM
bribling wrote:Ditto. The game doesn't interest me enough to continue.

Ditto!

afkathy
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by afkathy on Mar 7, 12 9:18 AM
same issue - only mine froze up after about 5 minutes. Found 3 objects and filled the two layers of the bag. When it asked me to give the letter to someone, NO MORE GAME!! Too bad.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Mar 7, 12 12:30 PM
Well, I just got finished with the letter puzzle and guess what? You guessed it. I got kicked out. I guess I will wait for a fix.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Mar 7, 12 3:29 PM
angelfishsb wrote:Well, I just got finished with the letter puzzle and guess what? You guessed it. I got kicked out. I guess I will wait for a fix.

Ditto.

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Mar 7, 12 4:48 PM
The game also crashed for me after putting together the letter jigsaw puzzle. I sent in a Dr. Felix report to Tech Support.

My question is, I had not purchased the game, was only playing the demo. I will keep it in my Game Manager; will I be notified when there is a fix for the game even though it's only the demo? I would like to buy the game after it's fixed!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 7, 12 11:31 PM
Froze up in the same spot, as soon as I finished the jigsaw letter, went to dark screen with a tiny red skip button, and nothing would happen. As soon as I did conaltdel, I had a message that the game had stopped working. I may give it another try tomorrow, since I already have the CE coming out, but two tries and if it doesn't work, I will quit. I wasn't having that much fun with it anyway, although I thought it was very relaxing. Had to skip three of the puzzles though, as I am sure they were all correct but nothing ever happened, so had to skip to keep going. That is also frustrating to me, as these were not ones I would normally give up on.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 8, 12 6:19 AM
Hi everyone,

I wanted to pop in to mention that the issue with the black screen, crashes and error message "Borgia.exe stopped working" after completing the jigsaw puzzle has been recognized by our Escalation team and they're currently looking into fixing the issue.

I'd like to ask all of you experiencing this problem to get in touch with our Customer Support, so we can track how many of you have been having this issue and pass this on to the developers.

Please include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report together with your request so we have all your system information at hand if needed.

Thank you all for your patience, and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know.

Marinersfan04, even if you only have the demo-version, you should see an update in the Game Manager if we have a new version if this will be issued as a critical update.

Thanks!

-bfgRhone

[Post New]by scwthillary on Mar 8, 12 9:20 AM
I got booted out following the jigsaw puzzle of the letter, but reloaded and carried on.

However, the next HO scene had no list, so I was basically clicking on likely looking objects and using the hint button to finish. No way to back out of the HO scene.

And the next cut scene had pictures only, no dialogue/no subtitles. Definitely some glitches at work, BFG!

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Mar 8, 12 10:05 AM
Thanks, bfgRhone, for your reply. I'll be looking for an update!

Go to: