hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

Arcade Game in Chapter 5 (Water Rune)

[Post New]by hazelize on Mar 7, 12 1:07 PM
My ball is stuck in the top section of the game. I can't seem to press the arrows quickly enough to make the ball change directions (to go a little way north, then a little way east, etc.) Is there any way to reset the game? Leaving the room doesn't change the location of the ball, nor does quitting the game.

Re:Arcade Game in Chapter 5 (Water Rune)

[Post New]by Tiamaria50 on Mar 7, 12 4:39 PM
Same with me!!! If you end up getting a solution let me know!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 7, 12 10:17 PM
Does clicking the button below the arrows reset the game?

I remember struggling with this puzzle, but I didn't have the same problem you are having.

One other thing to try is hitting it with the hammer (after getting out of closeup), but I think you have to get the ball through a hole first for this to help.

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Mar 8, 12 4:48 AM
Thanks for your reply, mcurty. That button doesn't seem to do anything, at least as far as I can see.

I'll post anything I find out to this thread, Tiamaria. I really hate to start a new game for something this dumb.

[Post New]by Tiamaria50 on Mar 8, 12 5:30 PM
I tried everything. I hit the arcade game with the hammer - nothing. I wanted to go farther in the game so I ended up starting over with a new profile. When I got to the arcade game again, I just made sure not to go up, but down. Worked fine then. Hated to start over but.....

Meredene
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Meredene on Mar 9, 12 3:27 AM
I've also stranded the ball at the top. I've tried every move my fingers can muster to get it to move, without success.

I'm hoping there is a solution.

(On balance, I'd rather have my tongue pierced than start this particular game over.)

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Mar 9, 12 9:11 AM
I also started over with a new profile, Tiamaria, but then kept getting access code violations in Chapter 1 at the portal with the red and blue powders. (This is an issue that's discussed in the Technical thread here.) I contacted Customer Service and got instructions for deleting the game and, more importantly, the save data from my computer.

Unfortunately, Meredene, this does mean starting over. If you can create a new profile as Tiamaria did, that's great. If you get access code violations as I did I'll be happy to send the the information I got. (I run Windows 7 on a PC.)

Meredene
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Meredene on Mar 9, 12 11:45 AM
Thank you, hazelize.

I'm mulling over the choice - start over or piercing.

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Mar 9, 12 12:15 PM
Meredene,

Meredene
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Meredene on Mar 10, 12 2:47 AM
I started over but couldn't summon the will to continue. I decided on one last try with my original profile.

The result was quite extraordinary; almost immediately I got the ball down from the top of the maze to its starting position and then through to the end. The wallop I then gave the machine was most satisfying.

So, no piercing and I can, hopefully, now finish the game.

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Mar 10, 12 6:35 AM
Meredene, you were able to move the ball from the top of the maze using the arrows? That's amazing. ( ) Good job!

ironcode
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by ironcode on Mar 12, 12 3:56 AM
Where exactly did the ball get stuck? I would like to know so we can fix the problem.

[Post New]by moviequeen7609 on Apr 22, 12 11:09 AM
I got my ball stuck at the top middle of the pinball machine puzzle. There needs to be a reset button for this puzzle. Can one be added and an game update installed?

everln
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by everln on Mar 23, 13 4:50 AM
I am also stuck at the top of this arcade game and have tried everything to get the ball to go into one of the middle channels either up or down without success Ha Iron clad made a patch to put areset button into this game does anyone know I cant be bothered to start again and it has spoilt an otherwise great game

everln
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by everln on Mar 23, 13 12:22 PM
I have managed to get the ball to go into middle channel by clicking on left arrow and immeadiately onto down arrow i had to try a few times till i got timing right then it work thank goodness now i have been able to finish game Good Luck keep trying to move ball where you want it can be done

Go to: