bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

iPad/iPhone/iPod touch players -- please read!

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 7, 12 5:21 PM
Hi iFishies,

Our walkthrough (which was written for the PC/Mac versions of this game) will differ in some areas for gamers playing the iPad/iPhone/iPod touch versions of this game, so we thought it might be a good idea to highlight some of the differences that have caused the most troubles for our players.

The Lamp Knob

In the stable loft hidden object scene, the butcher's knife will be added to the inventory instead of the lamp knob. The lamp knob would have been used in another scene to obtain the oar, but because the oar is found in another scene in the game, the lamp knob isn't necessary.

The Five of Clubs

In the walkthrough, this card is located in the compartment in the eagle’s head. In the iPad/iPhone/iPod touch versions, the compartment in the eagle’s head is not accessible. Instead, the Five of Clubs is located in the hallway that was previously filled with poisonous gas, behind one of the pictures on the right wall. This particular card can be difficult to find.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused, but I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 03/07/2012 at 5:26:20 PM PST

Re:iPad/iPhone/iPod touch players -- please read!

[Post New]by Clsjones on Nov 8, 12 4:09 PM
The other difference from the walkthrough is that the organ jar is not in the piano room. It is not anywhere that I can see, and believe me I have checked. Any ideas?

[Post New]by sbovard on Nov 22, 12 9:57 AM
Hi. I am stuck. I cannot get through the door to the servants hall or into the summer house. Is this an ipad thing?

[Post New]by CatFlowers on Dec 13, 12 10:33 PM
I am stuck in exactly the same way. I have put everything onto the machine by the countess that was in my inventory. There is a blank space for a jar which I'm guessing is meant to have a heart in it? How do we get the heart on the iPhone version? I too have not been able to get into the summerhouse or library. I haven't met a dog to give meat or burnt away cobwebs with a torch, but there doesn't seem to be an option to? Very stuck and very frustrated, please help us!

[Post New]by jdblhop1 on Dec 25, 12 4:10 AM
I am currently playing the iPad version of this game, have found everything but the last card. I don't really want to have to start again but will if I have too. Please help me find the last card.

anges35
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by anges35 on Mar 21, 13 9:18 AM
I appreciate your spelling out some of the iPad differences. But here's one I can't get past:

Stables area:

1.Place the LADDER on the right side of the wall and go up into the stables’ loft. OK.

2.Play the Hidden Object Scene. OK
Note: in the iOS version of this game, you will be given a butcher’s knife instead of the lamp knob. The lamp knob is not necessary in the iOS version.

3. Exit the stables through the ladder on the right. See NOTE.

4. Play the Hidden Object scene to obtain the GEARS

For #3: It is the LOFT that is exited using the ladder on the right, not the STABLE. It's go down to Exit the STABLE itself.

For #4: Once back out of the STABLE, there is NO HOS available anywhere on the screen. Therefore I cannot get the GEARS and continue.

I can go forward to the Gazebo or back to the Mansion. Period. So the game is at a standstill.

Any help for this??

(By the way, at this point I now have 32 cards. I did try to play ahead since I was stuck but when I got to needing the scalpel for the painting I could not go on- I may have picked up some extra cards from that. But the card count has been 4-6 over since first third of game)

Edited on 03/21/2013 at 9:28:03 AM PST

[Post New]by leigoss on Aug 17, 13 3:05 PM
I am also pretty disappointed with big fish. I have spent far too much money with you guys but was usually sure I'd have a good game. You have known about the problems with the iPad game for over a year apparently, but haven't fixed them. For a $7 game ( movies that cost that much spend millions to make) not only is there not a walkthrough for the iPad but the two u acceptable things are charging a premium for the pad version which omits half the game ( why the walkthrough has so much unrelated stuff) , but it isn't working. Without a walkthrough I have 51 cards but the the queen of spades is not given when the task is complete reviving the old woman through her checking in the mirror. This error is cited several times by others who have gotten this far. You should pull the iPad version until it is fixed and complete.

[Post New]by ChloeAlways on Sep 14, 13 2:11 PM
Same problem here. I already have the machine working but the countess did not accept the mirror. I have just the mirror and medallion in my inventory. Haven't been able to get into the library or clean the gas for the slot. Stuck. I am very disappointed.

[Post New]by sherylwurn on Apr 8, 14 1:47 AM
anges35 wrote:I appreciate your spelling out some of the iPad differences. But here's one I can't get past:

Stables area:

1.Place the LADDER on the right side of the wall and go up into the stables’ loft. OK.

2.Play the Hidden Object Scene. OK
Note: in the iOS version of this game, you will be given a butcher’s knife instead of the lamp knob. The lamp knob is not necessary in the iOS version.

3. Exit the stables through the ladder on the right. See NOTE.

4. Play the Hidden Object scene to obtain the GEARS

For #3: It is the LOFT that is exited using the ladder on the right, not the STABLE. It's go down to Exit the STABLE itself.

For #4: Once back out of the STABLE, there is NO HOS available anywhere on the screen. Therefore I cannot get the GEARS and continue.

I can go forward to the Gazebo or back to the Mansion. Period. So the game is at a standstill.

Any help for this??

(By the way, at this point I now have 32 cards. I did try to play ahead since I was stuck but when I got to needing the scalpel for the painting I could not go on- I may have picked up some extra cards from that. But the card count has been 4-6 over since first third of game)

I am also now stuck at the same place where the HOS didn't appear after I exit the stable. I've just purchased this game 48 hours ago, please let me know if anyone got back to you on how to solve this?

Don't tell me there is no solution to this

Edited on 04/08/2014 at 1:47:44 AM PST

[Post New]by Greatteacher13 on Jun 16, 14 9:58 PM
There is a solution to their not being a hidden object puzzle after exiting the "garage/barn". Go forward to the gazebo and click on the hanging baskets. Complete whatever there is to do there and then get into the boat and go across the lake. Put out the fire to collect the orb and return to the other side if the lake. When you return to the barm, you should then see it sparkling.

Now, if someone can tell me what in earth to do with the glass of green liquid in the bonus round and tell me how to find the final gem and fix the rope ladder, I'd be grateful!!

[Post New]by Missyrocks5 on Jul 5, 14 6:43 PM
There's no way to navigate that darn boat! Keeps saying it's damaged . It don't rotate, or do anything that it says in the instructions so I can't go across the lake. Help! So irritating. And can't get the other items for the piano, and can't find the piano keys, can't get the gas mask so can't get in that hall. Grrr!

Go to: