Chapter 4-2

[Post New]by darkshadowsabove on Mar 7, 12 9:33 PM
I'm having such trouble completing the goal for this one. Any suggestions on getting that second statue in time? (I'm not even thinking about expert right now.)

wndf
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Chapter 4-2

[Post New]by wndf on Mar 10, 12 2:07 AM
I managed to finish the level (indeed, certainly not in expert time):

Start killing the beetles.
Start cutting rocks (start with the level-1 rocks; they give you big points the fastest).
As soon as possible, buy a second shovel and keep cutting rocks and killing beetles.
As soon as possible, buy a third and a fourth bug sprayer.
When you have the level-4 bug sprayer, you can start buying seeds and plant them. I only bought the blue-and-purple-seeds.
I kept on buying and planting them, in the mean time I kept cutting rocks.
Buy a third shovel somewhere in between.
I think I had about 15 flowers in the end.
Harvest your flowers in as big as possible badges of one color.

I managed to buy the first and second statue well in time, but I was left with about 2,000 mana when time was up (the expert statue requires 5,000 or 7,000, I don't remember exactly).

Possibly, the strategy to get the expert statue is very different from the one above. If anyone gets it, please let us know!

Lisrose
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Chapter 4-2

[Post New]by Lisrose on Mar 16, 12 6:41 PM
I finally got expert, I can't remember the exact steps but I cleared the beetles and rocks (thanks for the tip on the level 1 rocks - that made the difference!), got 3 shovels and level 4 bug spray, 3 watering jugs, 4 yellow roses (2 sets/2) and 4 sets of the cheaper yellow flowers to connect things up. I planted the yellow roses in the yellow circles and filled in the space between with the cheap flowers, didn't worry about the other color rings, just made a big yellow patch. I did not buy purple or blue flowers at all - just focused on the yellow, watering the roses when possible to promote blooming.

Go to: