[Post New]by cleoladycat on Mar 8, 12 12:02 AM
Any comments fishes?

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Re:Todays DD March 8 2012

[Post New]by tookat on Mar 8, 12 4:43 AM
I just bought this game after only 15 minutes of play. I have done this before and been disappointed. I prefer games driven by a good story that i can really get into, but I also prefer games that give me good graphics to enjoy; this one seems to have both. I played with the music on because I found it enjoyable.

This review is based on only the fifteen minutes of play, so buyer beware, but at the sale price, it is a worthy buy if you are looking for a relaxing game to spend time with.

Each room is set up with particular care to give you a real sense of the personality of the owner. Each of the rooms is pretty historically accurate so far, and the HOS are well planned, most of the objects are chosen and placed in a way that makes sense..a few placed to blend in, and a few very difficult to find, but the hint button doesn't take forever and there is no penalty that I can see for overclicking. No time limits. The HOS are very straightforward, nothing to put together or to open, but the graphics are clear and pleasing to look at.

There was one puzzle game so far, and a sneakpeek at the walkthrough reveals there are more.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Mar 8, 12 5:31 AM
I've had the game for almost a year and played it more than once. I think it's a little gem of a game. The graphics are breathtaking and the story is intriguing enough to make me look for the book it is based on (which unfortunately must be out of print). Some of the items in the HOs are identified by terms which would be used by British and not American players, but I've read enough Brit lit to recognize that practically without thinking. And, yes, there are minigames, and they are well coordinated into the story line (and don't give me the feeling "Oh, come on, nobody would go through all that just to open one little lock.") I would call it a steal at the DD price.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Mar 8, 12 3:24 PM
I thought this game sounded familiar. When I downloaded, I had already played at some time for 35 minutes. I tried it again. The graphics are pleasing enough, but it is junkpile HOG scenes which I just don't like. So I will uninstall this game once again.

[Post New]by VirginiaPat on Mar 10, 12 10:40 AM
I hesitated about this game because of all the previous problems reported, but ended up buying it. I had to re-download it, and then under options, I clicked on the curser choice, and the game plays fine. It is beautifully done, the puzzles are rather different, and the plot was taken from a murder mystery. The HO scenes comprise most of the game, and are very difficult to find (for these older eyes, anyhow). Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed it as a DD, but might have been disappointed if I'd paid full price.

Go to: