bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Amerzone: Part 2

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 8, 12 12:10 AM
Continue your amazing Adventure in Amerzone: Part 2! A dying explorer has entrusted you with an egg that was stolen over 50 years ago. Now it's up to you to return the egg to ensure the survival of the incredible White Birds. Travel across the globe and look for valuable clues as to the location of the Amerzone. Find their mystical birds and go on a unique adventure in Amerzone: Part 2!

Edited on 03/08/2012 at 11:53:23 AM PST

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

Re:Amerzone: Part 2

[Post New]by moonladydi on Mar 8, 12 4:10 AM
I'm so glad I don't buy LFAs or Adventure games. Those that do are extremely upset about popular Large File Adventures being split up like this. The reviews for part 1 were not good, so I wonder if anyone will even bother to try part 2. People with slow Internet or Download limits may appreciate the idea, but surely you should be catering for modern technology and Future generations? Even an old fogey like me has Hi-speed Broadband Maybe will make a few sales with a DD later. I don't think many will buy this now.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 8, 12 5:30 AM
moonladydi wrote:I'm so glad I don't buy LFAs or Adventure games. Those that do are extremely upset about popular Large File Adventures being split up like this. The reviews for part 1 were not good, so I wonder if anyone will even bother to try part 2. People with slow Internet or Download limits may appreciate the idea, but surely you should be catering for modern technology and Future generations? Even an old fogey like me has Hi-speed Broadband Maybe will make a few sales with a DD later. I don't think many will buy this now.

I'm probably one of those people. I love Large File Adventure games and had been waiting for a long time for Amerzone (the full version) to come out on Big Fish and was very disappointed to see it chopped up in pieces so ended up not buying it.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Mar 8, 12 6:10 AM
Me too mhatfie. The reviews for Part 1 were that it was very short, not even near half the game, maybe less than a fourth.

This is a gimmick (to drum up sales? Ha) that is just not going to fly with gamers here. No matter how much I want to play this former LFA game I'm not going to encourage this cut up, rip off sales policy.

They're no longer LFA's when sold like this. They're SFA's.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Mar 8, 12 9:58 AM
I was going to buy Amerzone until I realized it was only part of a game. I certainly won't be buying this part either. If Big Fish ever decides to sell all the parts as one game I will be happy to buy it. This game is made by the developer of Siberia and Siberia II. I loved the Siberias and bought them both but they were both stand alone games. This is a rip off and should not be sold on a site like this. If developers want their games to be sold on this site then the whole game should be for sale in one part. This is the second large file adventure game I passed up because it is not a whole game. Big Fish, please do your customers a favor and don't offer us this kind of cut up game. It's insulting.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Mar 8, 12 4:23 PM
No demo and no video?? Will not purchase anymore games that I cannot see video sample of and demo!!

[Post New]by olesaab on Mar 9, 12 6:28 AM
i bought the game on microids site and was not dissapointed.benoit sokal rocks.it was the entire game and not in pieces

kainypooh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by kainypooh on Mar 11, 12 2:20 PM
it is pretty slimey to chop up the LFA to make more money. It looks like they have done the same with syberia. Glad I have already played all of syberia before this. I read somewhere the big fish now holds the rights. Its sad, I think is time for me to no longer be a part of big fish.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 22, 12 8:55 PM
Anuman Interactive is doing this with all of their LFAs. They are being split into three or four for the iPad / iPhone. These are then replacing the whole pc version. BFG has a contract to make the new version available for download.

Go to: