DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 8, 12 2:22 AM
Hi there,
The forum here is very quiet compared to the usual CE Thursday, so I suppose a number of you are similar to me in that you have trialled this game "elsewhere" when it was first released and have been waiting for it to be released here to continue your journey.
I really enjoyed my former trial, but managed to resist purchasing it from the developers - it was very enjoyable, but no STAN!!
I managed to complete my work commitments (and of course watch the cricket one-day final) whilst my as usual very slow DL was taking place, but it is nearly finished.
When I trialled this game first, I thought the overall production values, graphics and game play to be excellent - and I had a choice to play in my preferred harder mode.

Almost ready to play - all opinions/comments invited as I tend to comment upon my experience with a game and not give an objective assessment for all.

Cheers



Edited on 03/08/2012 at 3:54:05 AM PST


 
gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 8, 12 3:02 AM
Only flaw so far is that the extras are locked until you finish the game. To me they are useless then... I want to use the wallpapers and such WHILE I PLAY. Once I'm done... who cares? I really wish devs would listen on this... why on earth does it matter to them whether or not I finish the game before looking at wallpapers???

Oh and one place where they said "nave" but I'm certain they meant "naive" LOL!!! Gave me a giggle anyway.

Soooo... thanks devs! For saving me the extra coin. I'll just wait for the SE and use a code... unless you decide to fix it and make the extras available right away... or at least take the hint and do it next time around.

 
Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 8, 12 3:39 AM
Wow. If I have seen graphics this good before, I cannot remember it. Absolutely stunning.

I read that it has 4 BCs and takes about 8 hours to play.

That's my day taken care of. Can't wait to continue.

 
DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 8, 12 3:43 AM
Hi there gamergirl,
As one who doesn't have an interest in the wallpapers etc, not being able to access them until the main game has been completed isn't of big concern to me personally, but I know others feel the same as you.
Having recently just restarted this game I just realised that a major "beef" with this game is having to access the SG from the Main Menu rather than have a direct link from within the game.
Again, it doesn't worry me personally as I do not use SGs (well almost never!!), but unless the devs use this as a strategy of their own to make players "think" about using the SG, this is a clumsy facility in a CE.
Cheers

 
nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by nikma on Mar 8, 12 4:39 AM
ho provato la demo,devo dire che è un bel gioco,molto semplice e per questo molto rilassante...penso che procederò all'acquisto,sono però indecisa se aspettare la SE o prendere la CE ...vedrò ..ciao a tutti e buon gioco...!!

 
Gamer_7
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Gamer_7 on Mar 8, 12 5:18 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
The forum here is very quiet compared to the usual CE Thursday, so I suppose a number of you are similar to me in that you have trialled this game "elsewhere" when it was first released and have been waiting for it to be released here to continue your journey.


So is that why I've already seen this game? I was confused. Senility must be setting in, because I don't remember what site I went to for the trial.

Anyway, I am re-downloading and will do the demo again, and probably buy!
Thanks to you for that comment as it clears up my confusion about how I already demo'd a game that hasn't even officially been released yet!

And apparently, I don't know how to properly use the quote feature and separate my own comments from the quote. Sorry 'bout that.

Edited on 03/08/2012 at 5:19:58 AM PST


 
cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 8, 12 5:20 AM
nikma wrote:ho provato la demo,devo dire che è un bel gioco,molto semplice e per questo molto rilassante...penso che procederò all'acquisto,sono però indecisa se aspettare la SE o prendere la CE ...vedrò ..ciao a tutti e buon gioco...!!


Translation

I tried the demo, I must say it is a good game, very simple and therefore very relaxing ... I think that I shall purchase, however, are undecided whether to wait or take the SE, the EC shall see ... hello all .. and good game ...!

 
mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 8, 12 5:37 AM
cherbtoo wrote:
nikma wrote:ho provato la demo,devo dire che è un bel gioco,molto semplice e per questo molto rilassante...penso che procederò all'acquisto,sono però indecisa se aspettare la SE o prendere la CE ...vedrò ..ciao a tutti e buon gioco...!!


Translation

I tried the demo, I must say it is a good game, very simple and therefore very relaxing ... I think that I shall purchase, however, are undecided whether to wait or take the SE, the EC shall see ... hello all .. and good game ...!


Cherb,

Is there anything you cannot do? You are a great artist and you speak Italian. Ok what other talents do you have that we don't know about, come on fess up?

 
bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 8, 12 5:45 AM
for those on the fence on getting the ce, i just want to tell you that the bonus is very long, i am a quick player and the bomus took me over 2 hours,

i rarely recommend ce,s but this one is different...it was worth the money (err that is if i would of had to pay fro it...stead of getting it as a freebie)

 
kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by kittyruss on Mar 8, 12 6:02 AM
This is a good game i have been waiting for B.F to get it.I dont like to buy else where.

 
kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by kittyruss on Mar 8, 12 6:02 AM
This is a good game i have been waiting for B.F to get it.I dont like to buy else where.

 
shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 8, 12 6:16 AM
I usually wait for the sales but I have a lot of GCCs saved up so I might just break down and get it. I looked at the last chapter I could of strategy guide and it didn't seem to have many HO scenes, the fewer the better for me. Then again, I can easily wait for another CE sale because I'm saving all my CE games for this summer and the weeks I don't have internet. I got stuck a lot last year and had to keep going to different games because I couldn't get on the net and look at a walkthru so I decided I needed to get a few CEs just for that reason. I suppose I could d/l walkthrus in advance so they would be available offline, but that would involve planning! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHello Gamer_7, I just love . Usually they come in one time to yell about something and their hair or arms or whatever it is, is waving all over the place, it makes me laugh, but you seem like a nice normal type. Come visit in chit-chat if you want to make some new friends!(and morph into a prettier hairdo)

 
Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Qismet on Mar 8, 12 6:59 AM
Will be interesting to see opinions regarding the bonus chapters. Four bonus chapters is a lot of extra content. For those of you who finish please advise is this is truly germaine to the story line or if it just fleshes it out a bit more.

I don't buy CEs as a rule, but this is a very good game, and if the bonus chapters add a great deal to the story line I might consider it.

 
elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 8, 12 7:24 AM
This is one of those gems that comes along just every so often, sort of like Sacra Terra--Angelic Nights. Wonderful storyline, beautiful graphics and soundtrack, lengthy gameplay, and a goodly amount of bonus playtime.

I demo'ed it and bought it from the developer's site--I didn't expect BFG to have it so soon. (Guess a lot of gamers did the same thing--well, it's good to directly support the devs occasionally).

Hey Gamer_7--I'd like to echo ShagWendy--it's so nice to see a join in the discussion--seems like most of the time, those that look like "Medusa" (which I did, too, early on) type a one-liner, and are never heard from again! Please come back often to any thread that you choose!

Hey Cherb--What are you, a U.N. interpreter? Thank you for translating Nikma's post! Very nice!

 
Gamer_7
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Gamer_7 on Mar 8, 12 8:11 AM
To shagwendy and eldee2728:

Thanks for the welcome!

I know of the types of comments that you refer to - I've read 'em myself. I have learned three things in life: 1) Many people don't read; 2) Many people don't listen; and 3)They get upset right away when the situation does not meet their expectations.

I prefer to engage in lively discussions. That's much more fun!! Almost as much fun as playing a Big Fish game.

 
csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by csmith116 on Mar 8, 12 10:02 AM
elldee2728 wrote:This is one of those gems that comes along just every so often, sort of like Sacra Terra--Angelic Nights. Wonderful storyline, beautiful graphics and soundtrack, lengthy gameplay, and a goodly amount of bonus playtime.

I demo'ed it and bought it from the developer's site--I didn't expect BFG to have it so soon. (Guess a lot of gamers did the same thing--well, it's good to directly support the devs occasionally).

Hey Gamer_7--I'd like to echo ShagWendy--it's so nice to see a join in the discussion--seems like most of the time, those that look like "Medusa" (which I did, too, early on) type a one-liner, and are never heard from again! Please come back often to any thread that you choose!

Hey Cherb--What are you, a U.N. interpreter? Thank you for translating Nikma's post! Very nice!


I usually bug everyone for suggested games. After you mentioning another game I checked it out. You are right. Sacra Terra--Angelic Nights is a buy for me. Thanks.
Bessie Mae

 
csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by csmith116 on Mar 8, 12 10:31 AM
csmith116 wrote:
elldee2728 wrote:This is one of those gems that comes along just every so often, sort of like Sacra Terra--Angelic Nights. Wonderful storyline, beautiful graphics and soundtrack, lengthy gameplay, and a goodly amount of bonus playtime.

I demo'ed it and bought it from the developer's site--I didn't expect BFG to have it so soon. (Guess a lot of gamers did the same thing--well, it's good to directly support the devs occasionally).

Hey Gamer_7--I'd like to echo ShagWendy--it's so nice to see a join in the discussion--seems like most of the time, those that look like "Medusa" (which I did, too, early on) type a one-liner, and are never heard from again! Please come back often to any thread that you choose!

Hey Cherb--What are you, a U.N. interpreter? Thank you for translating Nikma's post! Very nice!


I usually bug everyone for suggested games. After you mentioning another game I checked it out. You are right. Sacra Terra--Angelic Nights is a buy for me. Thanks.
Bessie Mae


Boy do I feel silly, I BOUGHT Sacra .... game 6 months ago. Tried to buy it again without even downloading it. I do love BF honesty.
Bessie Mae

 
brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by brookings on Mar 8, 12 3:18 PM
I never buy CE, because of the cost, but on this one, I may have to break down and do it. I really liked this game, and was sorry when the demo time was up. My only complaint so far is that I wish this games and all games, the hint would recharge in seconds, at least when playing the easy/casual mode.
Waiting to hear more about the bonus on this game.

 
Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Mar 8, 12 3:30 PM
This is exactly the kind of CE I hold out for to use my saved game credits. Fantastic graphics, lovely game mechanics, no hair pulling trying to figure out what to do next and having to resort to the guide, and for me the most important factor I am having fun.

 

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by tobi35 on Mar 8, 12 3:55 PM
OK, I don't usually comment, but did anyone else giggle when Clair said "I put the turtle in the suitcase"? Of course you did, dear. Where else would you put the turtle?

That said, this seems like it will be a great game. Thanks to everyone for the reviews and comments.

 
 
 
 
Go to: