FlipWords for Mac

[Post New]by barbo729 on Mar 8, 12 9:07 PM
Any idea when the FlipWords program will be rewritten to be compatible with Mac's Lion operating system? Any other suggestions for a good word game for serious adult students of the English language that would be compatible with Lion?

Re:FlipWords for Mac

[Post New]by Drowbe on Nov 23, 12 11:26 PM
Well... it is NOVEMBER and I just purchased the game for my Mac... it said nothing about not working in Mtn Lion... fails to launch.

You guys ever plan on fixing this? If not, don't let user purchase it.

[Post New]by peaceloveharmony on Sep 3, 13 12:08 AM
I purchased the Flip Words game yesterday on my Mac laptop from Big Fish Games, and have downloaded it, but when I go to play the game an error message appears saying "Another game is currently running on your computer. Please quit that game or restart your computer before you launch a new game. If you continue to see this error, you can find helpful information about Error Code 809 by visiting our online help." I have restarted the game and my laptop numerous with the same error message appearing. I have also visited troubleshooting on the Big Fish Games website, and removed the game and game manager and reinstalled them both and still no luck. I would really like to play this game, so can you tell me what I can do. I'm getting extremely frustrated as I've spent so much time trying to sort out this problem. If you are unable to assist me with this, I request my money be refunded.

[Post New]by wumaja on Jan 14, 14 4:34 PM
I am having the same problems you describe. The error message never stays up long enough for me to read so I thank you.

[Post New]by speedrck on Jan 20, 14 5:40 PM
I just bought and downloaded "FlipWords for Mac" and I cannot get it to open so I can play. I haven't had this problem w/any other games I have downloaded from "Big Fish"
Any suggestions ? I've tried moving it to different locations, and all else that I know to do.
I am running OS 10.8.5 and on a MacBook Air.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
And……if I'm in the wrong area of the forum please let me know that too !

[Post New]by speedrck on Jan 20, 14 9:41 PM
Yes…..I've had the same "nano-second" pop up window. Can't really read it so I have no idea what it says. I am planning on asking for a refund or trade-in for another game. Wish me luck. I hope all of you have a lot better luck than I did. And in the future if any of you do get this game to work PLEASE let me know.
Thanks for the reply's and hope things improve on this site for all of us Mac users.

[Post New]by b2bradford on Jul 10, 14 2:13 PM
Have same problem. Wife plays on a neighbors Windows machine, but the MAC copy does not play. Seems you have not fixed the problem. Asking VISA to reverse charge for lack of completion of transaction.

[Post New]by pfiffle on Jul 31, 14 10:45 AM
I too cannot start this game, and agree that a refund should be offered. Or, how about an update that will fix this frustrating mess.

Go to: