Not progressing!

[Post New]by cachatoie on Mar 12, 12 4:59 PM
I've already finished one game, and now I'm playing again. But my problem is that I am not being given tasks, so I can't progress. I never activated the first obelisk, and I can't until Jupiter asks me to accomplish something for it. So I've used all my space and I'm stuck doing nothing just waiting for Jupiter to get around to giving me a task! Has this happened to anyone?

Any ideas?

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Re:Not progressing!

[Post New]by cat52 on Mar 13, 12 2:49 PM
I've played full or partial games about six times now with no hitch so it does work...I did delete the old profile and create a new one each time using a new name, although I'm not sure that's necessary - maybe try that?

Not progressing!

[Post New]by Xanatos on Jul 24, 12 2:46 PM
cachatoie wrote:I've already finished one game, and now I'm playing again. But my problem is that I am not being given tasks, so I can't progress. I never activated the first obelisk, and I can't until Jupiter asks me to accomplish something for it. So I've used all my space and I'm stuck doing nothing just waiting for Jupiter to get around to giving me a task! Has this happened to anyone?

Any ideas?

I'm stuck here as well on my first way through the game. The only way I've gotten more civilization points that are required is to do some of the small achievements listed in the resources tab. So far I'm getting a little further along but I'm not too hopeful that this will help in the end.

TiffanyRenoir
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by TiffanyRenoir on Aug 11, 12 12:13 PM
You've cleared 4 heaps, builts 2 workers camps, 2 lumber camps, one fishing lodge, and two schools? Oh and built a market for Mercury? Got the gold mine?

At about this point, Zeus has you activate the first obelisk. If you've done all of those other things and have no other tasks waiting for you to complete, and Zeus still doesn't appear, then it must be a technical glitch. Wish I could help.

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by emerance on Jul 12, 13 4:38 PM
I have the same problem. The first time I did this, I was able to progress. But when I got to the point where Mars destroyed everything, I got sick of trying to put out fires so i started another profile. Now, I'm not getting any tasks. I have 2 schools, 2 taverns, 2 lumber camps, 4 worker camps, 2 fishing lodges, 1 market, have cleared many many heaps. What do I do to get anywhere?

blulapis
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by blulapis on Sep 2, 13 11:22 PM
I had this problem early in the game. I wasn't getting any tasks after I collected the initial gold.

I tried again, and I realized it was because I built two fisherman's cabins before the Goddess asked for 40 fish.

When I tried on a new profile, and waited until she asked before building the second fisherman, I didn't have a problem with tasks.

It may be there are glitches where if you build or do something too early, the task won't spawn.

Go to: