jgo555
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

The "bad guy" gets way more chances & does stuff than the hero...

[Post New]by jgo555 on Mar 12, 12 7:58 PM
Have ya'll noticed that the bad guy can add a few wildcards or skulls or get extra tries even though he doesn't match 4 or more?

Also, they have 3 tries sometimes and I assume that it's 4 tries (since they used a power) but the dude keeps on taking like 5 shots even though he doesn't do the match 4 or 5?

I get so damned mad when this happens cause it's like they even hit a button to conveniently put a skull to screw you over, but you can't choose where the skulls/wildcards go for yourself.

I wish this game could have added a counter on the top for the amount of tries the bad guy can have that gets uploaded with every new extra turns.

redspyder
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:The "bad guy" gets way more chances & does stuff than the hero...

[Post New]by redspyder on Mar 19, 12 11:15 PM
I am noticing that every time I take the game's suggestion of the next move (do the move the flashing arrow points to), it seems to be setting up the enemy for the best moves! It is like the game does not want you to kill the enemy- it wants you to do the same battles over and over!

jgo555
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jgo555 on Apr 10, 12 2:58 PM
redspyder wrote:I am noticing that every time I take the game's suggestion of the next move (do the move the flashing arrow points to), it seems to be setting up the enemy for the best moves! It is like the game does not want you to kill the enemy- it wants you to do the same battles over and over!

Usually I don't do as the game says since it chooses a match that is close to where you made a match & while logical, it isn't convenient. Sometimes you have the chance to match 5 but the computer points to a 3 gem match. I also prefer to lose -5 life points (which is unfair!) for matching something wrong than to do the only match available to set up the computer for something that will destroy me.

redspyder
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by redspyder on Apr 15, 12 7:09 PM
I am more willing to do a spell than do what it suggests, even if it is the only move available! Yes, I have *talked/yelled* at the game "I'm not gonna set you up to kill me!"

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: The "bad guy" gets way more chances & does stuff than the hero...

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 13, 12 11:51 PM
Regarding the moves shown: I consider that the hints on matches in match-3 games are solely good for showing you the single possible match on a field where you've despaired of finding one.

The amount of AI capability for showing you the BEST match, which might well require assessing your playing strategy to that point, would probably be prohibitively expensive even in today's market. Next year's, maybe ...

Secondly, both you and the bad guy occasionally get an extra turn w/o having matched 4! There's always a chance of that, and it increases as the game goes on. You can see this in the fine print whenever you upgrade your character but unfortunately not in between times--unless there happens to be a green + button displayed because you haven't done your most recent upgrade! (At least, I think that's the arrangement.)

For instance, w/ 1 point in Morale you have a 0.75% chance of getting an extra turn whenever you match purple stars, a 1.5% chance w/ 2 points, 2.25% (rounded to 2.3%) w/ Morale = 3, and so on.

Edited on 08/13/2012 at 11:57:43 PM PST

[Post New]by Ande_1864 on Nov 19, 13 12:44 PM
Frequently in that situation, if I have a Stun spell ready, I cast the spell, which then gives me 2 moves. Take the recommended move, and use the second move to cash in on whatever double cross the AI has plotted against me. It works more often or not.

Now if I could just figure out how to defeat Lord Bane. Sigh!

Desert007
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Desert007 on Jul 22, 14 3:45 PM
Well, I'm very angry and frustrated with this game right now, and we're not speaking! It seems way over-weighted to the other guy!

But I do agree with others above, the game's suggestion isn't always a bad move but most of the time it is, and I, too, will take a 5 point error loss than take that move.

I have come to pat myself on the back every time it says "No More Moves Available," and I say to it, oops! I'm playing too good! Just set the game up the way you want you ***@@$XX---!

I'm also having troubles with Lord Bane and at Level 50, everything gets harder. It's either too hard or too boring...

So I'm laying off for a while....

Go to: