bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Egypt: Secret of five Gods technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 13, 12 1:19 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

Re:Post any Egypt: Secret of five Gods technical issues here only

[Post New]by letsdoit on Mar 13, 12 1:40 AM
Whooopsee!...another demo bits the dust!

D/L...fine
Window appeared concerning DirectX....followed directions
O! already have the most and latest update!...Well Yes!
Hit Play...
BFG logo....Then first screen shot of Game..."please wait loading" ... O.K.
Now its quite a while, went to do a quick personal thingee, came back...and still stuck on 'stoopid' screen shot...:"please wait loading"! What!

Did a ctrl/alt/delete....end task...WoW!...have all of 46 minutes left....now I believe 14 minutes is way too long to 'load' a game that small of MB...so NO BUY!

Note: just did a C/S report and rep's very helpful, got all my updates done, cleaned out all the 'junk' so will go get some

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Mar 13, 12 3:00 AM
This is a first when I pressed play on the game manager I got a error message. Message reads as follows -

Cannot Read scripts /lua/system/system.lua.reason cannot open file

Use Yes to break into Debugger, No to continue and cancel to quit

File\scriptsystem\lua\lauxilb.c
Line 631
Stacktrace

I have no clue what this means I have just recently updated all my drivers with NVIDIA and just checked with them to see if there were new updates and there are no new updates. Seems that maybe there is a problem with the game itself I uninstalled and removed all the old files did the disc clean up and reinstalled the game and got the same message. Any help would be appreciated.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 13, 12 6:38 AM
gmac1007, LUA is a programming language that some games are built with.

At times, when the game code gets read incorrectly, the game won't start and show this generic error.

It can help to reinstall the game, or run the game as administrator:

Run Game as Administrator

If your game still is giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Mar 13, 12 6:48 AM
Thanks bfgRhone I did do the uninstall and reinstall and still got the same thing so I went ahead and contacted customer service I will try again in administrator. Thanks again for your help and have a great day.

ivillagegrinch
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by ivillagegrinch on Mar 13, 12 7:01 AM
I've done everything that I possibly can, but it still doesn't want to play. I was wondering why there weren't any reviews -- nobody can play the game.

The problem is in the Direct X. It downloaded, but then the download failed. I downloaded again, and the game still doesn't want to work.

[Post New]by carmeibiza on Mar 13, 12 8:09 AM
the game starts in a very small window, impossible to see!
exited without playing

[Post New]by jewels4caesar on Mar 13, 12 8:20 AM
Downloaded just fine. Instructions and dialogue crisp and clear picture, but the rest of the screen looks like flashing bytes. When I click on various areas, the screen shows clear pictures, but then it reverts to these flashing squares, dots, etc. I changed my resolution, but that didn't help at all. I reloaded it a second time with the same results. I love these kind of games and am terribly disappointed. Any help?

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Mar 13, 12 10:16 AM
I got to the first level but All I can see is the timer on the left, the supplies up top and the tasks down left. The game screen is white. Waaaaaa

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Mar 13, 12 11:24 AM
ivillagegrinch - if the DirectX update is failing, one thing that can help is to do the DirectX update manually then reinstalling your game. If you click this link to the help article it has steps on how to do this:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

carmeibiza - if your game is showing in a small window mode you might try switching the game from window back to full screen - Under the main menu of the game, select Options, and un-check Full Screen mode, then recheck it to see if that helps get it working. If not I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

moesart and jewels4caesar - it sounds like you're running into some graphical trouble - the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen link above has some good tips for that as well.

If these don't do the trick, as bfgRhone mentioned, I would definitely write into our Tech Support team and one of our reps would be happy to help out (if you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to get in touch)

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by hollylulu on Mar 13, 12 11:41 AM
jewels4caesar wrote:Downloaded just fine. Instructions and dialogue crisp and clear picture, but the rest of the screen looks like flashing bytes. When I click on various areas, the screen shows clear pictures, but then it reverts to these flashing squares, dots, etc. I changed my resolution, but that didn't help at all. I reloaded it a second time with the same results. I love these kind of games and am terribly disappointed. Any help?

Sorry no help I am having exact same problem. Was so looking forward to playing especially after the dissapointment with "Spooky Mall" (still unresolved)

[Post New]by Bigbrowndog on Mar 13, 12 11:45 AM
Should have known not to buy this - it came up as 'trial expired' so I bought after reading reviews and I love this kind of game. Now it won't download and comes up with an error message. Just messaged Customer Support so hopefully will get it sorted out

[Post New]by LunarLoon on Mar 13, 12 12:40 PM
hollylulu wrote:
jewels4caesar wrote:Downloaded just fine. Instructions and dialogue crisp and clear picture, but the rest of the screen looks like flashing bytes. When I click on various areas, the screen shows clear pictures, but then it reverts to these flashing squares, dots, etc. I changed my resolution, but that didn't help at all. I reloaded it a second time with the same results. I love these kind of games and am terribly disappointed. Any help?

Sorry no help I am having exact same problem. Was so looking forward to playing especially after the dissapointment with "Spooky Mall" (still unresolved)

Yes, me too I'm afraid. I did everything the help pages suggested and no luck. I've emailed Tech Support with the Dr Felix diagnostic info! If the response is useful I'll be happy to share it. Crossing fingers - us building addicts wait months for a decent one!

[Post New]by Bigbrowndog on Mar 13, 12 1:24 PM
Tech support got back really quickly and I fiddled abit with my computer. Got it to download finally but now I have the same problem as others with pixilation and flashing images. Obviously not destined to have this game and will ask for a refund. Thanks Techies (Emily) but.....

pugmom2
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by pugmom2 on Mar 13, 12 2:18 PM
Deleted - I figured it out! Thanks.

Edited on 03/13/2012 at 3:39:17 PM PST

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Mar 13, 12 2:50 PM
pugmom2 wrote:Market Trading not working. Can not progress through mission 6 or level 6.

Trading works fine, but there are no directions explaining how to use it properly. What you want to do is, wait for the caravan (the camel) to return and then left-click on the Marketplace. If you have enough food and stone in your inventory, you will get the options to select the trade button, (two curved arrows in a circle pattern). Then you left-click on the numbers to change the food/stone into gold. Finally press the pointing hand icon to complete the transaction.

[Post New]by TobyIV on Mar 13, 12 5:14 PM
I really hope a fix for the display problems with this game is imminent. Having the same problem as many others. Fullscreen the width is compressed, even tried different screen resolutions and aspect ratios but nothing fixes it. In windowed mode it displays better but then can't see half of the task list and the window won't drag to reposition. V sad

dreamer37
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by dreamer37 on Mar 13, 12 7:50 PM
I installed the game, and when I try to run it I get Memory init error ...not enough memory. I have plenty enough memory...3.50 GB, 3.0 processor, my video card is up to date and so is my direct X. I am running XP sp3. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still get the same error. Help!

[Post New]by mammo3886 on Mar 13, 12 8:32 PM
Mission 6 Trading at the Market Place. I click when the trader is at the market. There is enough food / stone to trade. I click on the pointing finger "Kick the trader out", but the inventory does not change, nor is there any gold left. I know others are having the same problem. I have played this level 7 times and nothing changes.

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Mar 13, 12 11:35 PM
Think there is some kind of resolution problem. When closing the game, my mouse gets stuck in a tiny box in the upper left corner that it can't move out of. Then I can't do anything with the computer.

Go to: