brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

COMMENTS for Egypt:Secret of Five Gods

[Post New]by brookings on Mar 13, 12 3:43 PM
I usually use Royal Envoy as the gold standard for this type of game. I didn't find this game to be much fun at all. A real disappointment.

Re:COMMENTS for Egypt:Secret of Five Gods

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Mar 13, 12 4:16 PM
At the moment I'm none to happy I bought it. It really cannot compare to Royal Envoy ( the first one) any of the Island Tribe or Roads of Rome games. It was fine at first, but I can't get past Isis's riddle ( similar to the RR I final levels). I really hate it when a game becomes so frustrating. The developers need to make a skip as they made this unnecessarily hard ( at least in my opinion.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Mar 28, 12 9:41 PM
Ok I own all RE, MKFP, ROR, Time Builders and the Build a lots series, so here's what I think based upon what has been said so far and having played this entire game through .

Wow I thought the "mini" games between levels were SUPER easy!!

I love the game I have spent about 10 hours getting thru then going back to try for gold on the 6 or 7 that I missed it on (ie I am still playing 3 days later!).
I am totally enjoying the game.

I will agree it isn't as "cute" as MKFP or RoR or even TB(time builders) but I am enjoying it - maybe it's because I play the build a lot games - not sure but I do like the game - HATE those scarabs though - I have arthrytis in my hands and those stupid things are killer!
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Ok so here is how I have avoided them for the most part:

I play the game thru without worrying about the time. Then I make notes as to where the stupid things are buried (Exception for the ones that come out of the caves) and then once I know which ones I NOT to dig up I find I can get thru without any problems and get the gold! Yippee

Ok thats my opinion and I am sticking to it! LOL jmho

Lean

Edited on 03/28/2012 at 9:45:32 PM PST

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Mar 28, 12 9:51 PM
I did the same, but I think the game would have been better had the scarabs/pieces been randomized....though, Lord knows, I'm not sure I ever would have finished the game had that been true....

hatethis
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by hatethis on Apr 21, 12 12:57 PM
Everytime I say that's it ....these flying scarabs/I'm right back at them.....I'm trying to figure out there paths to shot them down.....how do you other people get these pests out of the way

beltie
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by beltie on Sep 16, 12 2:37 PM
I like it. I have also played the above games.

It's fun to play. It has replay. Graphics could be a little larger for my tired 'ol eyes. The music is good (and I almost always mute that). I like the concept as well.

It's certainly worth a sequel in my book.

What I didn't like was two things:

1) Doesn't tell you what the "best time" is, only "your best time". This makes it hard to figure out what levels you missed to get the gems

2) Hate those stickin' scarabs. Supposed to be 3 clicks. I must've clicked on some of those things 8 times before they disappeared. Very obnoxious. Guess that's part of the challenge

Would have been nice to be able to figure out the power ups and have a resource counter on those visible same as the resources.

Overall, I give it a thumbs up.

Go to: