shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Comments for Flower of Immortality

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Mar 14, 12 1:00 AM
Hello everyone! Let's hear 'em if you got 'em.

Re:Comments for Flower of Immortality

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 14, 12 1:09 AM
English is a bit fractured, graphics are ok, no voice overs, hos are interactive in two ways..you may have to put two pieces together, and you might have to open something. Seems to be an ok hog, nothing spectacular during the 25 minutes I played, but was ok enough, for me, anyway, that I used a pcc to get it. Found two other hogs today during my search, so between this one, Gardenscapes 2, and some dragon one, I will be good to go until Thurs, I reckon. And since they only mentioned one CE this week, I think I had better play them all sloooowly, so I can plaly through the weekend, lol.

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Mar 14, 12 4:03 AM
Wolfenraindancer, what dragon one do you mean, do you know the name of it?

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Mar 14, 12 5:05 AM
Also, Gardenscapes 2? I don't see it! Love the first one

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 14, 12 5:47 AM
Apart from the obvious language problems, I quite like this game. It runs properly, has good graphics and is interesting enough to use a pcc on. How long it is remains to be seen but so far, yes, a reasonably decent game.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Mar 14, 12 9:06 AM
I was enjoying the game till about the fourth hidden object scene... "Curve" equals mouse, "Hammer" equals crowbar. WHAT!?! Maybe I need to get my eyes checked.

ETA: "Mug" equals smiley face. I obviously bought the game despite the language barrier. It's fun if a bit awkward.

Edited on 03/14/2012 at 12:24:30 PM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 14, 12 9:32 AM
Not a bad game but the English is a problem. the Developer must have a poor dictionary. I was working on the plane parts and came to a HOS in which I must find a "File". This is an interactive item. The file part was disguised so well I had to use a Hint and then look quite a while before i realized where the "file" was. It seems to need a Handle maybe but I can't find one and the Hint only shows the blade. With some of the other items, the Hint might show both pieces.

The graphics are nice and colorful. I like that. The story could be interesting. Like several other games, you must get ready to do the mission before doing it. I never like that part. Several games spend too much time getting ready and not enough time on the adventure itself. I really don't care a bit about fixing the plane. I just want to get to the location. I doubt I will get there as I am stuck on the "file" and am just not interested enough to continue.

BTW, it is pretty obvious to me that this a NOT a Vogat game. That doesn't mean it isn't a good game. I am just a little surprised that anyone thought it was made by Vogat.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Mar 14, 12 9:37 AM
bribling wrote:clipped for brevity...I doubt I will get there as I am stuck on the "file" and am just not interested enough to continue.

bribling... the file handle is on the right side of the page on a plate with some other items. It is a pale brown and very well hidden. But your cursor should change to a hand when you hover over it.

Edited on 03/14/2012 at 9:38:38 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 14, 12 10:51 AM
Watched the opening scenes...he has to look for the secrets of Gilgamesh....in the Pacific?? In the Pacific?? Gilgamesh?? I think that's entirely too silly to even attempt to play. I can suspend belief most of the time, but seriously? Gilgamesh in the Pacific? What will be next? Looking for the secrets of Pakal the Great in the middle of the Sahara? @@ This will not be a purchase for me. I don't even want to finish a demo.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 14, 12 10:53 AM
I think this is an ok game. The graphics are grainy, but It looks like it could have been fun if it had less hidden object scenes and more adventure and puzzles. For me its a drag going from one Hos to another, otherwise I would have bought it for sure.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Mar 14, 12 12:22 PM
jennsmom wrote:Watched the opening scenes...he has to look for the secrets of Gilgamesh....in the Pacific?? In the Pacific?? Gilgamesh?? I think that's entirely too silly to even attempt to play. I can suspend belief most of the time, but seriously? Gilgamesh in the Pacific? What will be next? Looking for the secrets of Pakal the Great in the middle of the Sahara? @@ This will not be a purchase for me. I don't even want to finish a demo.

They travel. The second part is in Iraq.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Mar 14, 12 1:00 PM
Lots of language problems for me. The cursor was to large and quite annoying. The scenes seemed to move "jerky". Not impressed by this game at all. Gardenscapes 2, where is it? I'm going to look for that one.

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on Mar 14, 12 1:02 PM
Wolfenraindancer said: I think I had better play them all sloooowly, so I can play through the weekend, lol.

Yeah, new hogs/hopas have been thin on the ground lately. I've taken to re-DLing some of my older games, and to trying some of the older ones that I don't own yet.

Snapnhiss said: "Mug" equals smiley face.

Though I suspect they didn't do it on purpose (a little sarcasm there), "mug" is indeed slang for "face." I enjoy it when someone uses a more subtle title for an object. But when it is glaringly wrong... For instance, in one game I resorted to the hint button to find an object called "maroon" (or maybe "purple"). It turned out to be a pomegranate.

I could make a stretch and forgive "hammer" meaning a crowbar, since I've hammered in a few nails with one... but "curve" for a mouse? Sure, an animal or a computer tool may have curves, but... Like you, I'd be looking for a French Curve - or, stretching it, a crescent moon or a sickle.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Mar 14, 12 2:35 PM
Could everyone's game be playing differently? I got :

hammer - hammer
curve - french curve
screw - nut
bar - crowbar

Therefore the only one I had difficulty with was the nut but if I'd thought outside the box, I did have to unSCREW the nut using a spanner.

Really undecided whether to buy this or not.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Mar 14, 12 2:49 PM
sorry ......... my comment - lasted about 10 minutes........ not for me - clunky cursor, no voice-overs, "clunky" language. yet another game will be uninstalling !!

oh well - I've certainly saved money. I've used all my punch cards & credit - for me, this definitely is not worth spending money on.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Mar 14, 12 4:19 PM
JulieJay wrote:Could everyone's game be playing differently? I got :

hammer - hammer
curve - french curve
screw - nut
bar - crowbar

Therefore the only one I had difficulty with was the nut but if I'd thought outside the box, I did have to unSCREW the nut using a spanner.

Really undecided whether to buy this or not.

The first curve was a French curve, then another HOS asked for a curve and it ended up being a mouse aka small fuzzy rodent.

To be fair, most of the items were labeled correctly but it was just a tad frustrating when they weren't.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 14, 12 4:51 PM
Thanks Lady_Cav! Unfortunately I have already uninstalled the game so i will probably never see the "handle".

I also would love to have the new "Gardenscapes". I hope that BFG gets it.

SassyBoots
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by SassyBoots on Mar 14, 12 10:00 PM
The "curve" everyone is concerned with, is a french curve which used to be used in some math and art exercises in elementary school, about 5th or 6th grade. It is up against the side of the shelf at the top.

I'm stuck outside the gates trying to find a wedge to get the knife out from where it is stuck and I need to get the axe head out from where it is stuck. I have given up since there is no "walk-through" available at this time. The "Hint" button keeps taking me back to the knife in the ribs but I can't discover how to get it out. Without further assistance, I can't go any further. Besides, I only have 7 minutes left, but I do need the additional help of a walk-through or the Collector's Edition.

I have several hundred games, mostly HOGs and Match3s and since I am retired, I while away a good many hours on Big Fish. I have the stuffed Felix, a couple of key chains and a mouse pad with Felix on them all. The recent games have been too "movie-like" for my taste. I prefer graphics which actually look like graphics, but not necessarily graphics that try to look like people moving around--sims and such. My favorites are the "Big City" series. I think I have them all. I don't want a challenge, but I also don't want it too easy. Those are just about right to keep me entertained.

SassyBoots
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by SassyBoots on Mar 14, 12 10:00 PM
The "curve" everyone is concerned with, is a french curve which used to be used in some math and art exercises in elementary school, about 5th or 6th grade. It is up against the side of the shelf at the top.

I'm stuck outside the gates trying to find a wedge to get the knife out from where it is stuck and I need to get the axe head out from where it is stuck. I have given up since there is no "walk-through" available at this time. The "Hint" button keeps taking me back to the knife in the ribs but I can't discover how to get it out. Without further assistance, I can't go any further. Besides, I only have 7 minutes left, but I do need the additional help of a walk-through or the Collector's Edition.

I have several hundred games, mostly HOGs and Match3s and since I am retired, I while away a good many hours on Big Fish. I have the stuffed Felix, a couple of key chains and a mouse pad with Felix on them all. The recent games have been too "movie-like" for my taste. I prefer graphics which actually look like graphics, but not necessarily graphics that try to look like people moving around--sims and such. My favorites are the "Big City" series. I think I have them all. I don't want a challenge, but I also don't want it too easy. Those are just about right to keep me entertained.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Mar 15, 12 2:43 PM
This is a nice game but I got annoyed with having so many hidden object scenes in the same places before I got too far into the game. It's a no buy for me even though the concept is nice.

Go to: