bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Mega World Smash

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 14, 12 1:02 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Mega World Smash? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Mega World Smash page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mega World Smash

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 14, 12 1:03 AM
Hi fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Mar 14, 12 1:59 AM
This neat game is made by the same folks that made the Strike Ball series. I have Strike Ball #3 which I had to buy elsewhere, so I'm glad to see this game released here.

It's a breakout-style game. Lush graphics with a whole lot of movement going on. While I have several old-style breakout games, I love the fresh and very creative design.

As you strike objects, cute little robot-type critters begin roaming around. The effects are 3-D. Some of the taller structures are built out of blocks that literally turn into little critters once you topple them, so each level is full of surprises.

It has some (annoying) pop-up hint cutesy characters that really were bothersome in the beginning, but that seemed to fade away after the first few levels. Strike Ball #3 doesn't have those cutesy characters, so this isn't an improvement in my eyes, but perhaps they will add to the game in some way as I get further into it. **See additional post below, I get it now, very relevant to expanded game structure!**

There are all kinds of powerups you should definitely purchase and continue to upgrade until you hit the highest level on each. There are also achievements. There's a little help section too.

It's very cool when the copter goes over and drops in a couple of boxes -- they always hold good stuff, ranging from another "life" to some great artillery. Hit them to free the items, then of course catch them along with all the other good stuff before they drop off the bottom.

I'm not far enough into this one yet to know if it also has the air strikes which come in and blast the heck out of things, but I hope so because they are really helpful!

I like the music and the graphics and most especially the creativity. It gets extremely busy on the screen when there are a dozen critters roaming around, multiple balls, and meantime there's all the bonuses other stuff to catch.

I love the game and I bought it.

Edited on 03/15/2012 at 11:16:09 AM PST

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Mar 14, 12 7:43 AM
IMO Action Ball and Strike Ball are better, but they don't work right on my computer. So I got this.

Slowpokie
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Slowpokie on Mar 14, 12 8:48 AM
This is a good game. It has a lot of action and lots of power ups. I really like the graphics. I have no idea how long this game is. It seems like for the full hour I didn't move from the same spot in front of the castle. I also liked the one boss I found so far. I am sure there must be a lot more. This is a buy for me.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Mar 14, 12 12:06 PM
Okay, finally after completing Level 20, we change scenes! The next zone of the amusement park is much more colorful.

There are 100 levels. If you lose all your lives, you retain all bonuses and the 'new' game starts where the old one left off. Completed levels can be selected to replay if you choose.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Mar 15, 12 11:57 AM
Wow! Now I get the point of what I called the "annoying" pop-up characters.

After I completed it playing as Roboy 6, found out the adventure continues when you play as the next character. At first, only Roboy 6 and Arabella were available. After the first round, 2 more are available -- Ako Akhom (a mummy) and Dr. Chapek (the Master). Turns out each character has special powers with a few special powerups to purchase.

I chose to start the 2nd round as Ako Akhom. Rather than starting at the Castle as it did when playing as Roboy, Ako Akhom's first level is the Pyramids. IMO this gives quite a bang for the buck to be able to experience the game differently depending on the character and his/her special skills. Might we see any new levels that are specific to each character? Would be nice. But even if not, it will be fun to see how each character's special skills help win the levels -- especially the Boss levels!

The achievements include a couple that are contingent upon completing the game as multiple characters. But tougher yet, there are some seemingly impossible achievements for the Bosses. Speaking of Bosses, the Level 100 Boss is !!

I'm so glad BigFish got this game. Lots of fun and really keeps me going.

[Post New]by lorijo3362 on Mar 16, 12 2:50 PM
Keeps crashing at Level 27. I'm very frustrated. Had to re-boot lap top entirely. So far I'm not too thrilled. May ask for a refund.

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Mar 19, 12 7:23 PM
The only reason my review is so tardy is I've been caught up with playing the game. For the genre it's one of the best in its class. Much replay value here, and that's good since there are 4 different characters to play, each one with their own special perks. The Achievements are set up well, and pretty much just challenging enough. Some may find it too easy, but for an old fogy like myself it's just right.

Only change I'd want is to make the pop ups optional, or even automatically skipped on the second play through of a level.

5 stars.

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Apr 3, 12 9:11 AM
Breakout - like games (such as this one) aren't my cup of tea, but this is the best of that type that I've ever seen.

[Post New]by TNBear on May 19, 12 4:49 AM
I loved the game till it froze up on me. Not happy with it now.

Go to: