bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Post any Natural Threat: Ominous Shores technical issues here only (old)

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 14, 12 5:03 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 07/02/2017 at 5:19:54 PM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Post any Natural Threat: Ominous Shores technical issues here only

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Mar 14, 12 7:48 PM
I can't believe this. The game was working for me and I finished and enjoyed it so much. Then I download the updates from the game manager and now the game won't work at all. It won't even load. And yes there are dump files now on my desktop. How can a game work and then you download the updates from the game manager and now it won't work at all. Not even BF logo. Just a black screen and I have to close out using task manager.

Please don't tell me, this game won't work and I can't play it anymore.

I'm off to pm CS.

My Game is fixed and in working order. CS contacted me and resolved the problem by deleting the up-date. The game worked before the up-date. When I first bought it...I played more than half way through then it froze on me. I waited for the fix and got tired...so I started a new profile and started the game over. Played all the way through til the end with NO problems. Then I downloaded the up-date and the game didn't work at all. Just a black screen. But deleting the up-date folder resolved my problem and now it's working. I love this game! Happy Gaming to All! This game is worth all the tech problems IMO!

Edited on 03/15/2012 at 11:49:59 AM PST

bjmusic
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bjmusic on Mar 14, 12 8:27 PM
Yay! I am past the place where I was STOPPED. Hopefully I can now play through to the end. Loved the game up 'til I first crashed with dump files appearing on my desktop. So far so good. Thanks BFG and developer. Keepin' my fingers crossed. B

Pinkbudgie
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkbudgie on Mar 14, 12 8:35 PM
I downloaded and it installed the update but at the end of the installation it wanted to install Net Framework 3.5. I agreed to the terms and it installed but said Setup Error when it finished. Is this normal or should I reinstall the update?

Thanks for any help.

rexred54
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by rexred54 on Mar 15, 12 2:35 AM
I had the same issue as Pinkbudgie. The game wanted me to install .net framework 3.5 but the setup failed, I checked my Windows update history and found I already have framework 3.5 sp1 and framework 4.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 15, 12 6:10 AM
I only demoed the first version of this game and, after it was clear that there were problems with it, I completely uninstalled it, including the "save" files. Mind you, I never had any problems with the demo, so I don't know what, if anything, would have happened if I had bought the game.

I now installed the new version, and have no problems playing the game. I don't get asked to install anything, and the game works just fine - so far. Also, when I exit the game and come back in, I am back at the place where I left. So no problems so far.

[Post New]by jcfull on Mar 15, 12 12:30 PM
Second time to play. Did update got all the way to turning off the waterfall, saved and exited. I saved and exited several times. But this time when I went to start again the game started at the very beginning of the game.

Twikey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Twikey on Mar 15, 12 1:19 PM
My problem was or is that I got as far as the door where you have to put the code in I believe it was 1234506 opened the door and then decided to exit the game for the next day, when I went back no response to the closed door(still closed and I was not allowed to put the code in again) so I waited till the update came, updated it, then uninstalled it and reinstalled, great I thought but it turned out worse than before, no hints where to go only the answer like 'I have nothing to do here' before it use to point you to the direction where you should go. Sorry Big Fish either solve this for me or my token back for another game, this is the worst game that I have had problems with and **** games are normally great!

Fafallina
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Fafallina on Mar 16, 12 12:14 AM
Was one of the ones who first time round was booted after crossing the lily pads and then couldn't progress.

When the update was announced I downloaded it and started a new game from scratch. This time I got to the organ before having problems. The game repeatedly crashed halfway through playing the music and so I did the usual uninstall/reinstall and also a reboot of the computer but it made no differenece. I finally progressed by allowing the skip button to charge fully and then skipping the whole mini-game. The next HOS was strange as it had no instructions for what to look for (random clicking determined it was stained glass window pieces as it happens) but after that I was able to play the game to the end.

Edited on 03/16/2012 at 12:15:03 AM PST

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 16, 12 3:30 AM
I have no sound effects, no music and no vos. Have unticked "no sound" in options but makes no difference.

If I experience one more problem playing this game again, it's a refund.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 16, 12 3:41 AM
It's ok, they suddenly kicked in.

[Post New]by Nels1cin on Mar 16, 12 11:07 AM
I just uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version, which included the fix, of this game! I had received, like many of you, the Dump Files after crossing the pond. I now have the butterfly net, the dragonfly and the Planta Luminosos Seeds, but cannot zoom in to the lilies to go any further??? The walkthrough indicates this is my next step. Can anyone help? I have tried the Hint buttons as well and the directional arrows (which worked prior to the update) are no longer working. It is extremely frustrating for me not to be able to finish a game - especially so close to the end! Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 16, 12 1:55 PM
Hi fishies,

If you continue to experience any of the same crashing or saving issues after installing the update for this game, help is just a few clicks away!

Please contact Tech Support, and one of our reps can take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Asha28
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Asha28 on Mar 17, 12 1:39 AM
jcfull wrote:Second time to play. Did update got all the way to turning off the waterfall, saved and exited. I saved and exited several times. But this time when I went to start again the game started at the very beginning of the game.

Same as you jcfull only I was about to open the balcony door. Exited, had a good night's sleep in anticipation of continuing the game today BUT BACK TO THE BEGINNING!!! I am totally fed up now as I have started again three times and although I really enjoy the game I don't love it enough so battle on. I would like a refund please

smokey735
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by smokey735 on Mar 17, 12 7:25 AM
I have installed the latest version of the game. But the game is still not ok.
When I placed the photo and the stamp in the professors drawer they disappeard. They are not longer in my inventory and not in the drawer. I tried to go to the safe again but I could not.

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Mar 17, 12 8:03 AM
I got the demo after seeing the thread in Chit Chat about this game being patched.

Does anyone else have very static-y sound? It's not my sound card, I played three other games after this one and had normal sound on all.

Like some of you, I was asked to install Net Framework and got an error message at the end of the install. Could this be the issue?

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 17, 12 8:22 AM
well heck...I finished the game after the fix a day or so ago...and so enjoyed it I thought I'd go for another round ( the TGT is a mess with flashing and etc)..got the bugs and wam! the game stopped. That's it.
sigh
kris

Vixter2
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by Vixter2 on Mar 17, 12 7:08 PM
I can't get the game to open..Ive reinstalled twice.. I click to open then nothing happens except the game manger shuts down,,,

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Mar 18, 12 4:52 AM
smokey735 wrote:I have installed the latest version of the game. But the game is still not ok.
When I placed the photo and the stamp in the professors drawer they disappeard. They are not longer in my inventory and not in the drawer. I tried to go to the safe again but I could not.

That is because you need to go back to the lift to get the old ID card so you can copy from it. As soon as you have that, go back to the desk and everything you need will be there. I will PM you this also in case you don't come back here.

smokey735
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by smokey735 on Mar 18, 12 6:41 AM
Thank you very much JulieJay it helped.

Go to: