saving & loading game

housebound
Salmon
Salmon
2,568 Posts

saving & loading game

[Post New]by housebound on Mar 14, 12 10:43 PM
I figured out how to save, but now it won't load the saved game.
can someone please help me. I have had to restart the game over 5 times now
& it's getting to be very frustrating.

Re:saving & loading game

[Post New]by andromeda4bear on Jul 3, 12 5:59 AM
I am having the same problem. Game plays really good if I just play the whole game. If I save it, it won't load the saved game. I was able to do once. That's it. Someone at BF got to figure out what's going on. Why the game plays but does not load the save game? I have a gamer Lap Top Windows 7, with all the whistles and bells and plays any game without any problem. New or old.

[Post New]by cr1461 on Sep 9, 12 5:54 PM
just installed the game and palyed for two hours getting to the finish of the second stage...played this game when i was but a kid and now revisiting it as well as reading the books...anyways go to play the game the saves work fine in fact i see two screen shots of where i left off now when i start the game up again to play it from where i left off it just starts me from the beginnig when i click on the save spot i want and then click load it just exits the option screen back to game play in the new game started...please help

[Post New]by Happy_Ours1 on Oct 20, 12 8:57 PM
I'm having the same problem with saving and then reloading the saved game...can someone help those of us who are having this problem? It seems like an epidemic!

Thanks!

[Post New]by Happy_Ours1 on Oct 22, 12 11:04 AM
I read somehwere on here that, when using Vista, it might help to run the Game Manager as Administrator. I tried it and it worked!! I was then able to save the games at various points and reload them later!!! I hope this helps!

Thanks to the person who wrote this advice, whoever you are!

[Post New]by joyshine55 on Nov 12, 12 12:45 PM
Help! OK, I am already running my windows 7 as administrator...game runs ok, and I even save, but when return it starts from beginning. Don't have time to run the whole game at one sitting...any suggestions?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 12, 12 4:02 PM
Hi joyshine55,

I'm sorry you're having such trouble with this game!

Running Windows 7 as an Admin can help, but I'd also suggest making that adjustment to the game itself (which is a bit of a different process). We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If you try that and the game is still not saving your progress, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can work with you directly to get everything straightened out. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

RCLJR
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by RCLJR on Nov 27, 12 8:25 AM
This is so frustrating for an old man who loves games. I don't see why it can't be fixed without having tomgo through a bunch of crap. Pay to play a game and it won't load a saved game. Pretty sad. I think I should be able to swap it for something that works. I'm 65 and don't need the hassle.
Just let me swap. I haven't even gotten through the first level yet and on second day of trying to save where I left off.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 27, 12 9:51 AM
Welcome to the Pond RCLJR! I know how frustrating it can be when a game isn't saving and I'm so sorry to hear about those troubles. Please contact Customer Support as they'll be able to go through some possible options with your game. To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

If you'd like, you're welcome to check out some steps in the following help article to try and get the game saving:

Game Not Saving

Best of luck,

bfgIzara

[Post New]by discodisgrace on Apr 8, 13 9:57 AM
I was having the same problem as above; I can see my saved games but when I click on them it just takes me right back to the new game that's just started.

I've followed the steps in the link above to run both the game and the game manager as an administrator but now nothing at all is happening when I try to load the game. This is the same if I click on the shortcut on my desktop or go through the game manager thing. The little 'waiting' icon (the blue circle) pops us for a second or two but that's it. I've only got a few days of holiday left before I'll be back to being too busy for computer games, so I'd appreciate it if you could reply with a solution ASAP.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 8, 13 12:34 PM
Hi discodisgrace and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear the steps above didn't help get everything straightened out for you.

I think it would be best for you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your particular system and will work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting from there.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by 824611 on Apr 13, 13 6:23 AM
I am also having issues with saving the games, I have been in contact with the tech people, and they have been very supportive. However, we have tried everything from running as admin, compatibility mode for xp, deleting my avg pc tune up, and so many other numerous things I can't even remember them all. Now, after a nearly a month I am still unable to play the game. If... it loads, it still won't save. I am now waiting for the next "idea" to try and make this game work properly. Like several of the other posts and recommendations I have read, I too, was so looking forward to playing this game from my past.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by 824611 on Apr 13, 13 8:22 AM
HALLELUIA !!!!! I am not sure which of the following things I did helped, so I am sending you a new Dr. Felix so you can see it and figure it out, you are much more computer savvy than I am. Here is what I did, first I deleted the game and reinstalled it in my program files, instead of program files x86, then,I downloaded Indeo Codec, (from a hint in the forum), then I went into the properties and checked the box run in 640x800. opened the game saved!!!!!, quit, opened the game and loaded!!!!!! the save. Thanks for all your help. I am not going to delete this thread yet because I want to make sure this works and I would like to keep this incident number open in the event it crashes on me again. However, I am very hopeful this will work. My experience with BF, and all of the techies, has always been delightful. I wish more companies stood behind there products as well as you. I am going to post a copy of this email to the forum just in case it might help someone else.

With sincere gratitude,

Deanna Whitmore

[Post New]by WeeSophie on May 27, 13 8:33 AM
I have managed to sort the save and load problem on my Windows 7 pc.
Had to alter the access permission on the SAV folder which is where RealMYST wants to save it's files.
You need to look for the SAV folder, I found it at . . .
C:\Program Files (x86)\RealMYST\SAV
Right click this folder, choose Properties, then click the Security tab.
Highlight your own username and edit it to read Full control (I think it originally said Read & execute only).

[Post New]by Elfen3Warrior on Jun 17, 13 6:59 PM
I have windows 8, and am having same problem as above. I click the save slot, the game saves, I exit. When I return, there is no "picture" in the save slot and no option to load a saved game. It makes me start all over.

Edit - also, when I save for the first time, it "Exit" me from the game.

Edited on 06/17/2013 at 7:44:34 PM PST

[Post New]by suemo68 on Sep 11, 13 1:58 PM
This old gal is 68 and have been playing games from before time!!! I played Myst many years ago but this is frustrating. Like everyone else here I can save the point I want to quit but it will not let me load that saved game and I end up at the beginning. Before BF makes a comment.....I write computer code and also build websites for a living, so I am no novice, I also have a loaded laptop running Windows and I am the administrator.....you need to fix this issue. BF, you need to fix this.

[Post New]by suemo68 on Sep 11, 13 3:13 PM
Check out WeeSophie's comment and solution.....I did what she did and it worked.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Oct 20, 13 11:39 AM
WeeSophie wrote:I have managed to sort the save and load problem on my Windows 7 pc.
Had to alter the access permission on the SAV folder which is where RealMYST wants to save it's files.
You need to look for the SAV folder, I found it at . . .
C:\Program Files (x86)\RealMYST\SAV
Right click this folder, choose Properties, then click the Security tab.
Highlight your own username and edit it to read Full control (I think it originally said Read & execute only).

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

tia12345
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tia12345 on Dec 26, 13 12:48 PM
I was also having the same problem with saving, and I followed WeeSophie's suggestion and now I can save and re-load. Thank you so much, WeeSophie, it really worked. I had played all the Myst games and loved them, and was hoping someone would come out with one that I could play on Windows 7 -- so, thank you Big Fish for offering this. Now, I am off to spend the day playing Myst. Good luck and enjoy to all who gets this game.

[Post New]by TallRaymond on Jan 31, 14 1:13 PM
My thanks as well to WeeSophie. I just installed RealMyst today and very quickly discovered that I couldn't save the game in progress. I made the changes to the Sav directory as per WeeSophie and am now successfully saving the game and enjoying it.

Go to: