wndf
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Level 4-10

[Post New]by wndf on Mar 15, 12 10:58 AM
I am still working on the expert status (statue) of level 4-10. I found somewhere else on the internet someone saying: buy flowers (cheap and middle) up to about 3/4 of the field, but I don't get there. There just doesn't seem to be enough time to collect enough mana to buy so many flowers.

Anyone having a more detailed strategy to get expert status on level 4-10?

wndf
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Level 4-10

[Post New]by wndf on Mar 17, 12 7:45 AM
Okay, don't know how I did it exactly, but I did. It went something like this:

I tried to save as many flowers as I could, mainly in the area between the point of the field at the bottom and the middle statue. This left me with a lot of yellow and blue flowers. While killing the ants first, I saved mana to buy a fourth bug spraying can - this I did when I did not yet finish off all the pests.

As soon as the calm had returned, I took some time to replace the flowers; putting them together by color. I picked some spots for each color, depending on how many already were there and looking a bit at the fairy dust circles. As soon as I decided a certain color at a certain spot, I just ignored the fairy dust colors that were different and put my focus on building large patches rather then putting flowers in the right circles.

I just kept buying on cheap flowers and managed to make a fairly large yellow and blue flowerbed.

When the pestclouds came, I protected the large beds and if able, I protected the loose flowers as well. And I kept harvesting and harvesting and in the end I clicked the expert statue button and I don't even want to think about how little time I had left. The screen turned dark in the edges and I just looked away - didn't want to know yet if it was because of the building of the expert statue, or because time was up. It was the former... hurray!

Lisrose
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Level 4-10

[Post New]by Lisrose on Mar 19, 12 9:57 AM
I got gold but my technique was a little different from wndf.

At the start I focused on the spiders since they die fast, then caterpillars, ending with the two snails and two beetles - I found this the best way to save the most flowers at the start. When things slow down (down to the last four bugs) I started digging the three plants you begin with, planting them on circles. (I used lower right for the pink, upper left for the yellow, and upper right for the blue but I doubt it matters).

I only purchased the high end flowers, and moved the existing plants on the map to make clumps. I ignored the wrong color fairy circles also to make the bigger groups. Tried to get the more valuable flowers on the right color circles for the bonuses.

I upgraded the shovel once, the water can twice and maxed the bug spray, always had at least one bug bomb ready for the invasions, I found it helpful on the last one to have two since there were more big bugs.

Took a few attempts, on the winning attempt I managed to save the red rose near the top left and move it to a red circle, so that may have been the edge or I may just have gotten faster fingers by then

Go to: