bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Small Town Terrors: Livingston technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 17, 12 1:19 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

tbcoe
Marlin
Marlin
9,599 Posts

Re:Post any Small Town Terrors: Livingston technical issues here only

[Post New]by tbcoe on Mar 17, 12 2:01 AM
In the trial I got to the box and the door. I got the turn off dial for the fire hydrant. Then when I clicked on the box or the door, it shut down my computor completely. That was 2 times in a row. I hope there is a fix for it as I've heard this is a really good game. But no buy for me till it's fixed.

[Post New]by BabyWombat on Mar 17, 12 2:08 AM
This game won't run.
I have never had a problem before downloading and running any of your games.
The game installs but when you run it firstly:
The Big Fish Game screen flashes.
Next the Gunnar Games screen flashes.
Then the game screen flashes (the music plays, you get glimpses of the create profile screen) - it just continues to flash.

I read all 38 technical FAQ's and none of these solve the problem
I have reinstalled the download from your site twice - still the same problem.

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by galphimia on Mar 17, 12 2:13 AM
same here, flickering screen, game totally unplayable. can only exit via task manager. what a pity !

kelvar123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kelvar123 on Mar 17, 12 2:40 AM
same here.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 17, 12 3:10 AM
I also have the flashing BFG page, than the beginning of the first page of the game..all I can tell is that it is orange and flashing like mad. Unplayable, what a disapointment.
I could only get out by cntrl/alt/del
kris

Edited on 03/17/2012 at 3:10:53 AM PST

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Mar 17, 12 4:49 AM
Everyone here got farther than I did. The game downloaded but then wouldn't activate. It was stuck in the Download Queue. I tried to download again and that didn't work.
Then I tried shutting down the Game Manager and when I came back it was gone. So I tried downloading again and it worked just to tell me that my time was expired and the trial was over!

What really angers me about this is the download time! I have Hughs net.(It's the only provider I can get if I don't want dial up) They only allow free download between the hours of 3am and 7am. So I got up early on Saturday just to download this trial without using all my download allowance. Since it didn't work the first time through I tried it again and used my download time just to be told the trial had expired. By this point I was on a mission Had to get this to work! That meant I had to buy a token for download that costs me $7.50. In the end I just paid $7.50 for a trial that I didn't even get to play!!!

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Mar 17, 12 6:43 AM
kris_cross48 wrote:I also have the flashing BFG page, than the beginning of the first page of the game..all I can tell is that it is orange and flashing like mad. Unplayable, what a disapointment.
kris

same problem here...

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on Mar 17, 12 7:15 AM
Game flashes on me to. Good I didn't buy it.

Merlin35
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Merlin35 on Mar 17, 12 7:29 AM
Tried to use the shovel in the sandbox 3 times but won't work.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Mar 17, 12 7:35 AM
kris_cross48 wrote:I also have the flashing BFG page, than the beginning of the first page of the game..all I can tell is that it is orange and flashing like mad. Unplayable, what a disapointment.
kris

Same here and I had a new graphics card installed just a couple of months ago. Never seen this effect in any other game before.

[Post New]by CharleyBlue on Mar 17, 12 8:23 AM
Same for me, too. The game just flashes.

Pinkbudgie
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkbudgie on Mar 17, 12 8:31 AM
Same here with the flickering/flashing. I don't know if this is the possible issue but in the last few weeks I have updated my NVIDIA driver twice with 295.73 and then 296.10. Prior to these updates the Nancy Drew games Alibi in Ashes and The Captive Curse played fine. Then after the update, they had the same flickering/flashing that this game has and I have to cntrl/alt/del to get out of the game. I wonder if it is these newer driver updates that were released recently that are the culprits. Has anyone that has this issue had one of these driver updates installed?

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 17, 12 8:38 AM
Pinkbudgie;
I also upgraded the Nividia...once when messing with natural threat...it was a developer issue, and today because of the flickering flashing. I can't seem to find this particular issue discussed anywhere except here.
kris

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on Mar 17, 12 8:56 AM
I also upgraded the Nividia and I think thats my problem to.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 17, 12 9:27 AM
I've contacted Gunnar Games..they asked for info...we'll see

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 17, 12 9:32 AM
got a reply, I think because of our posts..they think it is our new drivers.
?kris
why isn't BFG wading into this?

Edited on 03/17/2012 at 9:36:25 AM PST

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Mar 17, 12 9:38 AM
kris_cross48 wrote:got a reply, I think because of our posts..they think it is our new drivers.
?kris
why isn't BFG wading into this?
...but wouldn't that affect other games as well, if it was the driver? I downloaded and played Natural Threat: Ominous Shores and also re-downloaded Mystery Trackers: Black Isle to play again and have had no problems at all - all this after getting the notice from Nvidia and upgrading to driver 296.10.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 17, 12 9:44 AM
agree with Lady Cav;
not touching the drivers unless I hear from Gunnar/BFG/or Nvidia that it is ok....too bad, great day for a game.
kris

Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Movie ticket

[Post New]by 4120 on Mar 17, 12 10:36 AM
I put the movie ticket in the slot and it took it but then kept saying I needed a ticket

Go to: