fnarkl
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Not a good game...even the Forum Name is wrong.

[Post New]by fnarkl on Jan 27, 09 1:11 AM
Firstly, it should read Rescue at Raijini Island.

Perhaps this is where it all falls down. It's a very basic HOG with a lot of repetition and boredom.
The fact that you get 3 hints in nearly every screen makes it rather simple to finish. I found the puzzles to be rather easy to complete as well.

I suppose as I've played countless HOG, this one just doesn't really cut it for me.

aoakley455
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Not a good game...even the Forum Name is wrong.

[Post New]by aoakley455 on Jan 27, 09 5:33 AM
I thought this was a terrible HOG also. Graphics are poor, many screens quite dark. Repetitious as well, too many "find the foods, find the diary pieces etc." Some of the mini puzzles were OK, but would never purchase this game. Just my opinion.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 27, 09 9:35 AM
Word_Dudely wrote:The forum name matches the game name.

It apparently doesn't, the Form name is missing and "i"

[Post New]by PuzzlesRus on Jan 27, 09 9:52 AM
On the download page it is spelled Raijini, but when you get the game, it is spelled Rajini..minus the I, so the forum matches the game..go look again.

SassyBoots
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Rescue at Rajini Island

[Post New]by SassyBoots on Jan 27, 09 11:46 AM
I may just be plain old stupid, but during the trial, I got stuck on the "Transport Puzzle". I can't get it past this puzzle. First of all, there are no instructions, so I started moving the squares around to see if I could get some clues. Then I noticed that the background had pale blue and red tints to it, so I assumed that if I matched the color of the squares to the background colors, perhaps that would work....it DIDN'T. In desparation, I tried putting the blue ones on the red backgrounds and vica versa, but that didn't work either. How did you solve this puzzle?

As for the three clues for each puzzle being a problem, I just don't use them until I've given up--that's not a problem for me. I'm just stuck and if I can't get past this level, there's no reason to buy the game for sure.

[Post New]by FROGPOND17 on Jan 27, 09 8:22 PM
i agree, not a good game at all, very slow and repetitious

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jan 27, 09 9:05 PM
Sassy, I moved all the red squares to the side where the blue are and vice versa.

shortgal
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by shortgal on Jan 27, 09 9:30 PM
I liked the game but then again I don't like games that are too complicated like Return to Ravenhearst. I am also having trouble with the transport puzzle. By the way SassyBoots you are not stupid. I bet you and I won't be the only ones that get stuck on this puzzle. It's not easy if there is no instructions on how to play it. If anyone knows how to solve it please let me know ty.

Edited on 01/27/2009 at 9:31:52 PM PST

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Jan 27, 09 11:11 PM
You need to swap the pieces around completely, the red pieces should be where the blue pieces are now.

_Amber_
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by _Amber_ on Apr 28, 10 10:38 PM
I tried playing it online and it kept freezing up on me after four or five screens.

Bobbie53
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Bobbie53 on May 1, 10 7:43 AM
I played the online version which for me didn't allow access to the hints most of the time. Other than that I agree with everyone regarding how boring it was to play the game, the graphics were mediocre, and it the game play too easy.

I am not the sharpest at playing HOGs. This one was too easy even for me.

If you want a game without challenge just to pass time and aren't concerned about the lack of instruction feel free to purchase this game.

I know I won't.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Oct 10, 10 12:21 PM
This is daily deal today but when I tried demo it seemed familiar. I think it is a terrible game. Very difficult for these old eyes to see and certainly not an interesting story line. Wouldn't download this one for free! We have come a long way since this one as far as graphics, interesting story lines, puzzles, H.O.s and the like. I'll choose another game today from the wide range of much better games.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Oct 10, 10 12:35 PM
I don't care if the forum name is spelled correctly or not, but the dark repetitive screens are a no go for these tired old eyes.

[Post New]by TX_Teddybear on Oct 15, 10 7:23 PM
Boring Boring Boring, to much repetition, very poor graphics, bad story line. Definitely not a buy here, a delete not long after playing a few minutes.

Go to: