bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Nancy Drew: Secret of Shadow Ranch technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 18, 12 12:53 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

tomtroxel
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Post any Nancy Drew: Secret of Shadow Ranch technical issues here only

[Post New]by tomtroxel on Mar 19, 12 4:29 PM
The game will not run. I get an access violation. Tried dl again. Same problem. Any ideas???

dawntim
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by dawntim on Mar 20, 12 8:45 AM
I downloaded the free trial version and played for about 1/2 hour. Closed it down and when I try to reopen it won't load. Says there is an access violation.

[Post New]by CuttyDarke on Mar 20, 12 3:53 PM
The game runs very slowly and the audio keeps looping. I have Windows 7 64bit. I've had a look at the Help area and I don't see any advice for this problem.

[Post New]by angel4allanimals on Mar 20, 12 4:11 PM
I keep getting this error message when I try to play the game:

InitDirectDraw(), SetDisplayMode()-DDERR_UNSUPPORTED-Action not supported

I have played the game some but, now it won't let me. What can I do??

[Post New]by maggieck on Mar 21, 12 6:40 PM
I downloaded the game. When I tried to open it (for the FIRST time) in the Game Manager it was saying the trial period was expired & my only option was to purchase it.

I am about to start downloading it for the second time.

[Post New]by tiger2074 on Mar 27, 12 11:37 AM
CuttyDarke wrote:The game runs very slowly and the audio keeps looping. I have Windows 7 64bit. I've had a look at the Help area and I don't see any advice for this problem.

I'm having the same problem, plus sometimes the video shows the characters without their arms. If I alt tab out and back it, it goes back to normal, but it is a bit annoying to have to do this.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Mar 27, 12 12:35 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to swim in and offer some help.

If you’re running into the game giving you an access violation or other errors, I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. If you click the blue text it will take you right to that article.

If that doesn’t do the trick, I would try some steps at this help article here:

Access Violation

For those running to trouble with a slow game, I’ve found the steps at this help article can help do the trick:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Maggieck – if your trial ended before you can play it and reinstalling the game doesn’t work, I”ve found that closing and opening the Game Manager or trying to Uninstall / Reinstall Game Manager can help clear that up.

If anyone is still running into trouble after that I would get in touch with our Customer Support team and one of our Reps can certainly help sort this out.

Thank you!

bfgCimarron

No Sound for Nancy Drew: Secret of Shadow Ranch

[Post New]by onesizefitsall on May 6, 12 12:34 PM
I cannot get the sound to work for this game. Everything else works fine except the sound, no music, no verbal, no sound effects. All of my other ND games still work perfectly and with sound. I've exhausted every remedy I can think of to no avail. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times with no change. I can't understand why all my other programs/games have sound and Secret of Shadow Ranch refuses to produce anything. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 6, 12 3:02 PM
Hi onesizefitsall,

That does sound very strange! Have you checked Options to see if for some reason the in-game settings got lowered? Even if you uninstalled and reinstalled the game, the settings may have remained the same.

If you did check this though and the game is still giving you no sound, I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team and one of our reps can certainly take a look into this for you.

bfgCimarron

No Sound for Nancy Drew: Secret of Shadow Ranch

[Post New]by onesizefitsall on May 7, 12 5:19 PM
All sounds in the he setup options menu are at their maximum level, but still no sound. I have no clue...I can only assume it's the game files. I'll contact tech support then. Thanks.

[Post New]by tkulik28 on Jul 17, 12 2:15 PM
my screen is small, how do i fix it?

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Mar 25, 13 4:57 AM
The game has been "installing" for hours and is still stuck at 99%. I have tried clicking on play to try to download the trial version again, but to no avail. Mmmmm.....I'm stumped and it's too early yet for live chat. Any suggestions?

Go to: