bfgFlounder
9,869 Posts

Wonderland Solitaire

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 19, 12 12:10 AM
The king of Wonderland suddenly died and the people must elect a new leader. Prince Argon is the residents of Wonderland's choice but the evil sorcerer Rasmos has other plans. The despicable sorcerer created a whirlwind, scattered all the residents of Wonderland and then conjured an army of skeletons in order to sway the ballet in his favor! The undead are able to vote in Wonderland elections so he will surely win! Gather up all of the missing residents for Prince Argon and help him win the election for the throne!

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,256 Posts

Re:Wonderland Solitaire

[Post New]by Imberis on Mar 19, 12 12:33 AM
roxycavalier wrote:OMG We have all been waiting for such a great game!!! Maybe tomorrow?

You mean from this description? It's the description of this solitaire game, unfortunately!

FYI, bfgFlounder, this description and the one on the game's main page both say "sway the ballet" instead of "sway the ballot." It makes me think the sorcerer is trying to change a dance routine, not the people's votes!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,271 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 19, 12 1:03 AM
Imberis wrote:
roxycavalier wrote:OMG We have all been waiting for such a great game!!! Maybe tomorrow?

LOL What happened to the original poster?

But yes... what a let-down. If it had been one of those Solitaire games like "Fairway", I may have bought it, but this? This should have been a soft release, IMO.

Happy Monday, everyone!

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,256 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Mar 19, 12 1:07 AM
They must have deleted. I thought they were excited about the game description and I didn't want them to get their hopes up.

I totally agree that this should have been a soft release.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,271 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 19, 12 1:11 AM
Oh no. I read that sentence as a sarky remark. Especially with "Maybe tomorrow?" thrown into it. LOL

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,256 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Mar 19, 12 1:15 AM
Whoops! I guess I read that one wrong. LoL

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,271 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 19, 12 1:57 AM
Great review, Imeris. Didn't want to say that in the "Reviews" thread for fear it would be removed. LOL

I have quite a few Solitaire games for my NDS, which I like to play when I watch TV (shows you how much I am interested in TV), and this type of Solitaire I usually play on the NDS, so I don't want to play it on my computer as well.

I do like to play the "one higher, one lower" card game like you find with "Fairway" and "Avalon Legends Solitaire", but prefer to play the other types on my NDS.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,256 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Mar 19, 12 2:04 AM
Thank you, Valdy!

I never even thought about Solitaire for the NDS. That's a good idea.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 19, 12 2:05 AM
(Apparently, the OPer (Roxycavalier) was confused and later realized it).

I spent a short time (although it seemed like a long time) with this game--I'm a fan of Solitaire, but this one gets a "pass."

The cards are too cutesy, too blurry (my eyesight's fine), and, as Imberis noted, sometimes too "look-alike." The "Zing" of harpstrings each and every time I clicked on a card got annoying WAY fast! (I'll probably hear that "Zing" even in my )! I've still got plenty of "courses" to enjoy in Fairway! For my tastes, this one can't "hold a candle" even to Best In Show Solitaire or Crime Solitaire, and those two weren't "gold-star" games!

IMHO, this is yet another Monday letdown--no "CE Sunday," but at least BFG gave us a decent sale (although with "strings" attached). I'm beginning to think that I shouldn't even bother checking in with on Mondays until Mudrock's post comes out.

(ETA--Probably the best Review I've ever read for a "blah" Monday game, Imberis! Good job!)

Edited on 03/19/2012 at 2:14:17 AM PST

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,256 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Mar 19, 12 7:30 AM
Thanks, Elldee2728! I couldn't sleep so I wrote a review! LoL

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Mar 19, 12 9:26 AM
elldee2728 wrote:(Apparently, the OPer (Roxycavalier) was confused and later realized it).

I spent a short time (although it seemed like a long time) with this game--I'm a fan of Solitaire, but this one gets a "pass."

The cards are too cutesy, too blurry (my eyesight's fine), and, as Imberis noted, sometimes too "look-alike." The "Zing" of harpstrings each and every time I clicked on a card got annoying WAY fast! (I'll probably hear that "Zing" even in my )! I've still got plenty of "courses" to enjoy in Fairway! For my tastes, this one can't "hold a candle" even to Best In Show Solitaire or Crime Solitaire, and those two weren't "gold-star" games!

IMHO, this is yet another Monday letdown--no "CE Sunday," but at least BFG gave us a decent sale (although with "strings" attached). I'm beginning to think that I shouldn't even bother checking in with on Mondays until Mudrock's post comes out.

(ETA--Probably the best Review I've ever read for a "blah" Monday game, Imberis! Good job!)

Thanks..took the words right out of my mouth ..as they say..I don't usually complain BUT... I already have a stomach flu..this diden't help

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 19, 12 8:14 PM
I have never b4 seen such a weak response to a BFG release. This "apathy" might send a signal to about the poor quality of many of these "mediocre Monday" games.

A Nancy Drew "rehash" on Sunday, instead of a CE? And now this lame attempt at a Solitaire game? Yesterday and today made me very happy that I recently got a Kindle Fire, rather than relying on BFG to provide some decent entertainment. I understand that it must be very difficult to come up with a "new game" every day, but this last offering is "clutching at straws."

Regards, elldee

Go to: