bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Wonderland Solitaire

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 19, 12 1:03 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Wonderland Solitaire? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Wonderland Solitaire page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Wonderland Solitaire

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 19, 12 1:04 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Mar 19, 12 1:14 AM
This review is based on (most of) the demo.
This game reminds me of Faerie Solitaire but without some of the "frills" of that game. The game is laid out in the same way, with the same sorts of goals and the same ten-games-to-a-level layout. The goal/level menu even looks basically the same, just with different colors. I looked up this developer, but they don't seem to be the same ones who made Faerie Solitaire.

Now, for the game. First of all, the cards are really hard on my eyes. They're really cute, but they're bright and for some reason (it's probably just me) I'm having a hard time distinguishing between the queen and the 9 card. They're not the same, but I guess I think "female character = queen card." The sound that the game makes when you click the cards gets old pretty fast, but you can turn off the sound, I guess. The music is fine and is more like background noise, so it didn't really bother me. The magic shop where you can buy powerups and whatnot doesn't really have anything that great. There are a couple of items to boost your score, but it feels very thrown together or done last minute.

The layout of the screen is... odd. I feel like the stack of cards is way too far away from the playable cards, and I was moving my mouse a really long way and in a very unnatural pattern (almost like I had to stretch my hand too far to get to the pile). Playing in windowed mode helps that some. I did appreciate that there are choices in windowed mode as to how large you would like the game.

I don't know if I'd buy this game. I love solitaire games and this one is cute, but it feels like a ripoff of Faerie Solitaire, but it's missing the special something Faerie Solitaire had. It's not nearly as well polished, and the story is somewhat lacking.

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Mar 19, 12 2:18 AM
I was really disappointed - the graphics are neither smooth or nice to look at - looks very old school. The cards are hard to distinguish - yes I mistake the 9 for the queen as well. And the game play gets boring really quick.

It seems like a cheap game done really fast - pleeeease developers - next time put a little work into it.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Mar 19, 12 2:30 AM
I didn't have any trouble distinguishing cards from one another, but I didn't find anything about this game any different from any other golf solitaire games.

I wish someone would do a solitaire quest game with different kinds of solitaire instead of just one kind. And frankly golf solitaire is pretty much too simplistic.

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Mar 19, 12 4:17 AM
Not interesting. Kiddie cartoon artwork. No story advancement in Quest mode (during the demo, at least). There is no recognition for a long chain, for finishing a pile, for unused cards remaining. Just ding ding ding ding ding as you clear the board. Oh, there IS a popup explanation for wild card or "magic deck" card. Every. Single. Time.

kimberelf
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by kimberelf on Mar 19, 12 6:10 AM
as others said, very repetitive... was praying for the end of the hour, that ding got so annoying. goals weren't clear going into each level, so first round is basically useless, as you have no idea what you're aiming for. the powerups weren't even interesting, and you have to go into the shop just to see how much money you have accumulated. story would have helped but there wasn't one. wild cards aren't that easy to distinguish, like they are in other games. had to figure out another language at one point just to determine what the goal was as that line wasn't in english (3rd group of 10).

very poorly done, was hoping for a good one as i love solitaire games, but this isn't even worth a free credit to play *sigh* would give anything for another fairway one, least those give you something worth playing.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Mar 19, 12 9:24 AM

Edited on 03/20/2012 at 1:33:39 AM PST

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Mar 19, 12 10:19 AM
I would never buy a solitaire game that only had one type of play. I prefer a variety and other sites have that at the same price. There are hundreds of different versions of solitaire and I get sick of playing just one.

No buy for me. Wouldn't buy it even as a DD.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 19, 12 10:40 AM
This is an okay game, similar to Fairway Solitaire, but I prefer the Fairway game. Graphic is okay, gameplay is okay. For me its a no buy yet, but I will keep this game in mind and buy it, if we have the next sale. No buy yet, but probably later.

James_Kit
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by James_Kit on Mar 20, 12 9:01 AM
This is a one star game for me. I wish developers would add some cookies to it, but they didn't. It looks like a game made with minimum effort. You'll definitely do better playing Avalon Legends Solitaire - much much better game.

Go to: